Help me with a new blade please

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Helllo! I am lookin for a new blade now, been reading forum for a while and I figured out some requirements:

1. Speed ALL+, OF--
2. All wood, 5 ply
3. Long dwell time
4. Goog feeling, blade should have "transperent touch"
5. Flexible (moderately).
6. Powerfull enough to play with medium hardness chinese rubbers, like Palio degree 39-42
7. Linear, without ... dont know how to say in English... hidden obstacles. I hope you get what I mean.
8. Weight 80-85 gr
9. I am two side looper player

Was thinnking about Nittaku Violin, but my friend says it want play with
rubbers like Palio degree 39-42, couse it's not powerfull enough, and it needs more soft tensors.
But i doubt it.

I am 36 year old male, with quite good
physical shape.
Been playing for several years allready, and trying to progress and improve my technique.

Need advise from skilled and expiearenced players.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Tibhar Lebesson, Tibhar Samsonov Alpha. Tibhar Stratus Power Wood for a faster blade, Samsonov Premium Contact for a slower blade.
Donic Ovtcharov Senso V2, or Waldner Senso V1 (slower).
Yasaka Sweden Extra.

... Nittaku Violin. Etc.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Butterfly Timo Boll Off-

langel, I am surprised you didn't say the Xiom Offensive S. It is an excellent blade and would be perfect for what Leon says he needs.

But there really are sooooooooo many blades that could be good.

I will refrain from listing all the ones I normally list. Any of the blades already listed would be good. But if you wanted something super inexpensive:

Yinhe Galaxy 896 (Where is Der_Echte). :)

Also, if you are thinking of the Violin and you want something slightly faster because of the rubbers you want, what about the Acoustic? Or the Tenor?

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I recommend you a Yinhe E3 or E4, E3 it has a very pleasant feeling, 5 ply allwood, it has high quality like a Butterfly Petr Korbel, and the feeling is almost the same, I've realized that I've been improving faster, I can brush easily backspin services with those blades. I didn't like the Yasaka Sweden because is sturdy and the feeling is lower, the powerwood despite to be faster it feels even better (I've been infected with the EJ).

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Carl it is interesting, that you mentioned Acousetic, I have it. I like it's feeling very much, buit I found it little bit too fast for me (or too complex?), I noticed I cant spin freely with it. I mean i can't do stokes freely, couse I afraid to throw the ball over the table, and unconsciously slowing my hand.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
langel, I am surprised you didn't say the Xiom Offensive S. It is an excellent blade and would be perfect for what Leon says he needs.

Yes Carl, Xiom Offensive S is an excellent blade, and I would recommend it for sure, but it meets all but one OP requirements - its way faster.
If speaking about Xiom in OFF-- region I would rather recommend Xiom Diva, which is exactly what he needs, or Xiom Musa Asia, which is perfect for full strokes and chinese rubbers, but is a bit heavyer. Both are of excellent produce quality.
But, at the same time these are blades with own well-pronounced feel and character.
OP asked for a blade with a "transperent touch" and "Linear, without ... dont know how to say in English... hidden obstacles. I hope you get what I mean" - so, thinking of these specific requirements, I preffered to recommend another blade, which may be not as excellent in properties and quality of produce, but meets all OP requirements and is really with a "transparent touch and linear without hidden obstacles".

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Price is not an issue, i use palio rubbers couse i dont like tensors, prefer more linear rubbers.

What would be the difference between Yasaka Sweden Extra and Nittaku Violin?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
The Violin is a bit more flexible, has a bit more feel, loops better. The Yasaka is a tiny bit firmer so maybe a tiny bit better in blocks. Although you can block really well with the Violin too with correct technique and once you get the hang of it. Neither blade is overly fast. If price is no issue and you love to loop, the Nittaku. Otherwise the Yasaka is pretty much as good but much cheaper.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha is the best 5ply wood blade I ever tried.
You'll really enjoy that one.

But if you've been playing for several years already, what blade do you have that you want to UPGRADE from to a 5 ply wood blade? :))

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl it is interesting, that you mentioned Acousetic, I have it. I like it's feeling very much, buit I found it little bit too fast for me (or too complex?), I noticed I cant spin freely with it. I mean i can't do stokes freely, couse I afraid to throw the ball over the table, and unconsciously slowing my hand.

Based on Acoustic being a little too fast or too complex, then probably Violin is the right blade.

A Primorac Off- may be as well.

There is a Gewo blade that is very similar to the Primorac Off- that might be good for you as well. But it sounds like you were on the right track with the Violin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha is the best 5ply wood blade I ever tried.
You'll really enjoy that one.

But if you've been playing for several years already, what blade do you have that you want to UPGRADE from to a 5 ply wood blade? :))
HuiChuan blade, 5 ply all wood, with a rosewood outer ply, dont think it will tell you something, it is unknown chinese blade. I found it lacks some feel compared to Acoustic.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Price is not an issue, i use palio rubbers couse i dont like tensors, prefer more linear rubbers.

What would be the difference between Yasaka Sweden Extra and Nittaku Violin?

Nittaku came out with Violin Carbon. I tried it out for a couple weeks. Despite being a carbon blade, it has the best feeling for me; and I normally play with Stiga all wood blades. I imagine the regular Violin would have even better feeling and control. Just my opinion on Nittaku Violin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Nittaku came out with Violin Carbon. I tried it out for a couple weeks. Despite being a carbon blade, it has the best feeling for me; and I normally play with Stiga all wood blades. I imagine the regular Violin would have even better feeling and control. Just my opinion on Nittaku Violin.

The regular Violin has amazing feel and vibrations. It is perhaps the most "alive" blade I have ever played with.

Reactions: BeGo