Help me with a new blade please

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
The Violin is a bit more flexible, has a bit more feel, loops better. The Yasaka is a tiny bit firmer so maybe a tiny bit better in blocks. Although you can block really well with the Violin too with correct technique and once you get the hang of it. Neither blade is overly fast. If price is no issue and you love to loop, the Nittaku. Otherwise the Yasaka is pretty much as good but much cheaper.

And which one has more crisp feel?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
And which one has more crisp feel?

What do you mean by crisp? If you are talking about a blade that detects even the slightest of touches and conveys that to your hand by vibrating, that is the Violin. It really loops like a dream. You will need to generate your own power though since it is not a very fast blade at all. That is why I like it. I am in control of how much power I want and I don't play very far from the table anyway. I have since moved on to one-ply blades (with Chinese rubbers) but I still love the Violin.

I would have suggested the Acoustic to anyone looking for more power, but since you want less power, the Violin is perfect.

I think I know the HuiChuan blades. They are made by Yinhe and are not bad blades to be honest. In fact one of my Yinhe favorites is the M6.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
OSP blade question.

Leon, this is in response to the visitor message you left me. If you are thinking of OSP blades, based on all the information you have posted above, I would get a Virtuoso Off-. Any head size should be fine. Smaller head size has a little less speed and less feeling. Bigger head size has more feeling, but it will add a little speed. I do think that any of the head sizes should be fine for you though.