Which team do you want to win the World Team Championships?

• Germany

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • China

Votes: 68 55.3%
  • Japan

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • France

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Chinese Taipei

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal

• Sweden

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
Not exactly sure with japan putting harimoto twice instead of niwa.

Niwa in general just seems to do better in international matches

Disastrous result for Niwa against Walker...

Japanese players are spending too much time in TV shows

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Pitchford is amazing. I have always said that he needs to put on some weight but this goes to show you that you don't need massive legs and quads to be successful. He gets plenty of power with his timing and he places the ball on angles with huge quality & consistency. His short serve return messed up Mizutani as well. I'm seeing this sort of "shovel" scoop short more often now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Would someone be so kind and post the results of the matches as well as the upcoming matches of who plays against who.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
To be accurate, ML is the only male player who has won every tournament, international, continental and national level.
Deng Yaping is the first player and the only female player who has won all above.
DN doesn't have Asian Games singles (every 4 year). It is not clear if she can attend later this year.

I just read(in some mídia sheet for wtttc) that Ma Long is the only player to win every major title possible and searched with no results what title (s) Ding Ning's missing to be in same condition. Cause I read a ittf news that she had won. If anyone knows, I'd be happy. Thanks

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 1 reviews
just hard to believe how well Samsonov is playing with 42 freakin years. Giving a 14 yr old wonderkid a run for his money. Great spirit by Harimoto not giving up and staying in there, but huge respect to Vlad.

His game is so effortless and his blocks continue to be on point. Its almost as if most of the energy in his shots comes from his opponents.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I am just thinking, are you Japan hater or what? I am really tired reading how ishikawa or mizutani miserable are. Team competition is something different, you need the team spirit which is sometimes more important then level of players. Nobody doubts that england and china team spirit are ones one the top.
The most important match was harimoto against pitch. England took great advantage after easy win. Niwa was upset to be 3rd player and here we are. Nobody likes harimoto in japan cause he is not real japanese and also too young to handle the pressure.

Seriously? I was actually rooting for Mizutani. Let me just make it clear, I follow news about Japan more closely than many here. Many folks do not get it straight here - the eminent crisis that was looming. In the TV promo for this WTTC, Mizutani says he has lost motivation ever since Rio. The rise of Harimoto has ignited a new spark in him to work towards Tokyo Olympics.

BTW, the most important match was Niwa's. Not Harimoto's, who was the 2nd singles against Pitchford who was the 1st singles. It's always the 3rd singles in team event that counts the most. That's how Japan lost to Germany in the SF in 2014, when Matsu-ken who had the upperhand in past record lost to Franciska. He was supposed to win, just like Niwa was yesterday.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 2 reviews
Seriously? I was actually rooting for Mizutani. Let me just make it clear, I follow news about Japan more closely than many here. Many folks do not get it straight here - the eminent crisis that was looming. In the TV promo for this WTTC, Mizutani says he has lost motivation ever since Rio. The rise of Harimoto has ignited a new spark in him to work towards Tokyo Olympics.

BTW, the most important match was Niwa's. Not Harimoto's, who was the 2nd singles against Pitchford who was the 1st singles. It's always the 3rd singles in team event that counts the most. That's how Japan lost to Germany in the SF in 2014, when Matsu-ken who had the upperhand in past record lost to Franciska. He was supposed to win, just like Niwa was yesterday.

Good post.all matches were so crucial, i did not think sam would beat Niwa

Reactions: NextLevel
Jan 2018
Top 3 of each group advance.

Reactions: Xylit
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews

Yes I have noticed you read/watch more about Japan but I just do no like some od your statements showing how dissapointed you are about players. Ishikawa and Niwa made biggest progress recently if you compare it to how long they are on international stage.
I am very dissapointed about this coach who was also responsible for choosing kishikawa most of time who was loosing all the way.
Now matsudaira is simillar, you cannot count on him. Harimoto should be 3rd spot and he would probably give this crutial point for the team.

Jan 2018
Major setbacks for China and Chinese Taipei. "Old timers" FTW and Samara still have plenty of fangs left.

Jan 2018
Holy Acuda, Hirano keeps hitting winners after winners right past Amelia Solja.