Which team do you want to win the World Team Championships?

• Germany

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • China

Votes: 68 55.3%
  • Japan

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • France

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Chinese Taipei

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal

• Sweden

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Yes, Ma Long has a similar experience of loss because lack of mental strength when he is young. But I think Lin Gaoyuan is not so young, he is 23 years old already, it is the time to breakaway :)

Fang Bo is not the same generation, he is older.
yay Tommy Lee back in da house! :)

Reactions: ping fun
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Yeah agree. Only FZD can become a world-class champion to a level like Ma Long, ZJK and Liu Guoliang. Others like Fang Bo, Lin Gaoyuan and Xue Fei seem to lack the tough mental strength or consistency.

Passionate about TT

To be fair, ML and LGL lost so much in their early careers, particularly in the majors. ZJK was actually really consistent until after the singles at London 2012. WLQ, MLin and WH also lost a lot in their early days, but later on became the best in terms of consistency, particularly WH. The only loss in the team event in the 3 majors in his entire career was to DO at the World Team Cup 2011.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I thought I recognised a familiar voice during the Chinese Taipei vs Belarus match. Has Dan taken up commentating?
It was 100 % Dan

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Jan 2018
Very interesting TO by Li Ching at 14:15 in the 3rd game of the 2nd match in the Rn of 16 against Chinese Taipei.

He told Doo it's fine, to pull it in(not sure what he's addressing), to rotate the wrist, to loosen up the shoulder, and bam the ball is blasted off, right?

Couldn't make out Doo's response, but from Li Ching's laugh it probably something along the line of easier said than done. He then told her to believe in herself, to just rip it if Liu serves to her deep BH, and to just give it to her if she serves to her FH and wait for the BH, to wait in the mid-distance to keep her at bay after opening with the BH. To go in and rip it but not pull the arm(probably dropping the arm too much) and to move up the center of gravity, by pushing on the legs. To just keep it short if she serves to her FH.

Doo won the next point in exactly the same way as Li Ching predicted.

Last edited:

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Epic win of Ukraine against Singapore. Yu Mengyu looked totally pissed by Bilenko's defense. Looking forward to the match between Russia and North Korea, should be a massive showdown.

yes I saw the last part of that match. At the end it looked like YU didn't know how to play TT anymore. At 10-5 Bilenko took a time out, and Yu stayed at the table, she couldn't even face her coach.. it was obvious she was going to lose seeing her face long ago.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Dinner at umpires hotels:)
dcc001f60b232e34cc2fb66aa2e85617.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A520F via Tapatalk

Jan 2018
4th seed France couldn't move past the group. It's believed South Korea threw the match against Croatia on purpose.

Brazil is 2nd in group after China. Commendable.

Jan 2018
Hong Kong 3:2 Romania. What a close call. 0:2 down and back from the depths, man!