Which team do you want to win the World Team Championships?

• Germany

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • China

Votes: 68 55.3%
  • Japan

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • France

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Chinese Taipei

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal

• Sweden

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I had a chat with my Japanese coach (ex JNT member) about the competition

He said he was disappointed that Japan had no strong third player. Niwa is too unstable and Matsudaira ‘s level has been going down and not good enough.

He said that he would have preferred Niwa instead of Matsudaira against Korea as he has strong face to face records against the Koreans, so for this match he would even have put Harimoto in third position.

He said Harimoto played very well given the pressure and is very optimistic about him

Regarding the girls he said that Ishikawa is the top player against any team but not against China. He would have let Hayata play against China in number 2 and Hirano number 3. But he said it was difficult because of the sponsors....
They have a lot of time to figure this out. But if they had benched Ishikawa in that final it would have been a bad move. Her performance however gives them more to work with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Westerners dont think like that. And its way too easy to criticize on forums or when ur not a real coach and just a fan (not just you but everyone around the world who likes to involve in TT) .

"Ma Long has wrist problems and was absent in Magdeburg, Xu Xin is not fit after injury, and Lin Gaoyuan is a good player, but not the most outstanding. Zhang Jike is only on the road for the show. At the moment only Fan Zhendong works, and the fact that Dima beat him proves how good we are at the moment."

He didnt say anything wrong if you ask me and I dont think anyone expected DO beating fan, franzika creating problems against XX or boll beating ma long or LGY

You obviously missed the point of her post. Since you have to read a lot of posts to get it, I can understand why you missed it and there is no point in revisiting the issue.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Ua6kOPA.jpg

Number-crunching time. This WTTC was an immense success for TV Tokyo. The station recorded an average rating of 17.4% for the women's final between Japan and China(20:54~ on 5/5 in Japan), the highest-ever of all programs for the station not only in 2018, but also since it started broadcasting WTTC in 2005.

The instantaneous rating reached as high as 20.8% at 22:27, when Ito turned the table after being on the ropes with LSW holding 2 matchpoints.

The SF match between Japan and Korea(20:54~ on 5/4) and QF match between Japan and South Korea scored an average rating of 14.2%.

The 1st women's group match between Japan and Ukraine(19:54~ on 4/29) managed 4.4%.

More numbers to be released tomorrow.

Those ratings are really high, as those numbers are usually achieved by dramas and variety shows.

Top-30 for that week:

(1)連続テレビ小説・半分、青い。(2日)       NHK 20.9

(2)世界の果てまでイッテQ!GWシャッフル3時間SP 日 本 20.4

(3)笑点                       日 本 17.8

(4)世界卓球2018・女子団体決勝日本×中国     東 京 17.4

(5)NHKニュース7(6日)             NHK 15.9

(6)サンデーモーニング                TBS 15.1

(7)世界卓球2018・女子団体・日本×南北合同コリア・男子団体・日本×韓国

東 京 14.2

(7)笑ってコラえて!学びSP             日 本 14.2

(9)特捜9                      朝 日 13.8

(10)真相報道バンキシャ!              日 本 13.3

(11)帰れマンデー見っけ隊!!秘境路線バスで飲食店を見つける旅!千本のしだれ桜!!

朝 日 13.1

(12)世界一受けたい授業日本に迫る7つの危機2時間SP

日 本 13.0

(12)有吉ゼミ                    日 本 13.0

(14)嵐にしやがれ                  日 本 12.9

(15)Qさま!!本当にスゴい幕末・明治維新の人物・ベスト25から出題スペシャル

朝 日 12.8

(16)NHKニュースおはよう日本・首都圏(1日)   NHK 12.6

(16)ザ!世界仰天ニュース日本&世界の奇跡を起こす人々2時間SP

日 本 12.6

(18)報道ステーション(2日)            朝 日 12.5

(19)木曜ミステリー・警視庁・捜査一課長       朝 日 12.4

(20)news every.・第3部(30日)    日 本 12.2

(20)しゃべくり007                日 本 12.2

(20)ぴったんこカン・カンスペシャル         TBS 12.2

(23)プレバト!!                  TBS 12.1

(23)ダウンタウンなう                フ ジ 12.1

(23)日曜劇場・ブラックペアン            TBS 12.1

(26)西郷どん                    NHK 12.0

(26)人生の楽園                   朝 日 12.0

(26)あなたが聴きたい歌の4時間スペシャル      TBS 12.0

(29)教えてもらう前と後池上彰と日本が動いた日君たちはどう生きるか・SP

TBS 11.9

(30)木曜ドラマ・未解決の女警視庁文書捜査官     朝 日 11.6

https://article.auone.jp/detail/1/5/9/8_9_r_20180507_1525655961622073?ref=top
https://www.sankei.com/entertainments/news/180509/ent1805090001-n1.html

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
You obviously missed the point of her post. Since you have to read a lot of posts to get it, I can understand why you missed it and there is no point in revisiting the issue.

So what was her point? Cause its quite visible that she is affected by chinese propaganda/"superiorty" like zeio. In a few months the ranking will become stable and with the best chinese on top and she still behaves like its china against the world. Come on now, its just a game. At least for us fans. My life wont change if ML or FZD or DO wins the world champs

Jan 2018
More data was released today. The ratings got adjusted.

15.7% WT F Japan vs China
11.5% WT SF Japan vs Korea & MT QF Japan vs South Korea
9.8% WT SF Japan vs Korea
8.7% WT QF Japan vs Ukraine & MT Rd of 16 Japan vs Hong Kong
6.8% MT Group Japan vs Singapore

Top-11 sports programs for that week:

世界卓球2018・女子団体決勝・日本×中国
テレビ東京 18/5/05(土) 20:54-224 15.7​
世界卓球2018・女子団体・日本×南北合同コリア・男子団体・日本×韓国
テレビ東京 18/5/04(金) 20:54-264 11.5​
ビートたけしのスポーツ大将2時間SP
テレビ朝日 18/5/06(日) 18:57-117 10.3​
世界卓球2018・女子団体・日本×南北合同コリア
テレビ東京 18/5/04(金) 19:00-114 9.8​
世界卓球2018・女子団体・日本×ウクライナ・男子団体・日本×香港
テレビ東京 18/5/03(木) 20:03-201 8.7​
サンデースポーツ2020
NHK総合 18/5/06(日) 21:50-60 8.2​
世界卓球2018・男子団体・日本×シンガポール
テレビ東京 18/5/02(水) 19:00-180 6.8​
ワールドレディスチャンピオンシップサロンパスカップゴルフ2018・最終日
日本テレビ 18/5/06(日) 15:00-85 6.6​
上田晋也の日本メダル話
日本テレビ 18/5/06(日) 17:00-25 6.2​
ワールドレディスチャンピオンシップサロンパスカップゴルフ2018
日本テレビ 18/5/05(土) 15:30-85 6.1​
ニチファミ!・RIZIN.10
フジテレビ 18/5/06(日) 19:57-117 6.1​

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
When I was young Waldner was my favourite player. When he came back in 2004 and make semifinals at the athens olympics beating ma lin I was very happy but I knew that no further he can go. Today my favourite player is mizutani but he is getting older and will not Play better. Some people should understand that even if they are fans of zjk the same situation is with him age is age and you cannot fool it.
Anyway best of luck to ZJK and his fans.

Mizutani's performance was a bit diasappointing recently, but
1.he tried glasses. it's obvious that he has some problems with his eyes and contact lenses.
2.It's just me or he really improved his BH? Actually he beat LSS with his agressive BH. He already made big improvements, just look some older footage of him. and he is improving it right now.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
I had a chat with my Japanese coach (ex JNT member) about the competition

He said he was disappointed that Japan had no strong third player. Niwa is too unstable and Matsudaira ‘s level has been going down and not good enough.

He said that he would have preferred Niwa instead of Matsudaira against Korea as he has strong face to face records against the Koreans, so for this match he would even have put Harimoto in third position.

He said Harimoto played very well given the pressure and is very optimistic about him

Regarding the girls he said that Ishikawa is the top player against any team but not against China. He would have let Hayata play against China in number 2 and Hirano number 3. But he said it was difficult because of the sponsors....

I think Jin Ueda is more reliable (consistent) than Matsudaira, Oshima or even Niwa. So bad we didn't see him at WTTTC. What do Japanese people think about him?

As for the girls, I think the same. Ishikawa is the top player against teams other than China. She is even more reliable than Ito or Hirano against non-chinese. But the Chinese players know her weaknesses and exploit them too well. Her BH is too weak and passive. She doesn't have the quick drive/punch against topspin that younger players like Ito and Hirano have.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I think Jin Ueda is more reliable (consistent) than Matsudaira, Oshima or even Niwa. So bad we didn't see him at WTTTC. What do Japanese people think about him?

As for the girls, I think the same. Ishikawa is the top player against teams other than China. She is even more reliable than Ito or Hirano against non-chinese. But the Chinese players know her weaknesses and exploit them too well. Her BH is too weak and passive. She doesn't have the quick drive/punch against topspin that younger players like Ito and Hirano have.

coach said the same, he thinks UEDA should have been chosen

This user has no status.
Kurashima told the press Harimoto switched to a harder rubber on the BH to make up for his power shortage, after losing to South Korea. Will put it to the test at this China Open.

It's interesting Kurashima thinks his shots are more powerful yet Harimoto says it's still down to technique at the end of the day.

http://www.hochi.co.jp/sports/ballsports/20180507-OHT1T50267.html
https://www.jiji.com/jc/article?k=2018050800141&g=spo

Changing the rubber might be a short term solution, but it's no substitute for developing more physical strength. As a developing young player, adopting hard blade and hard rubber too soon might stymie his growth. FZD and Hugo Calderano are two of the most power players right now. They both use 5-ply pure wood blades, but they can hit more powerful shots than most players using composite blades. I think Harimoto should be patient and develop his strength in the next few years, instead of looking for help from equipment. Using slower equipment will help him learning to use more power on every shot and will give him more control on short game. Harimoto's father used to be a Chinese player and should know this.

Reactions: Free bird
This user has no status.
Changing the rubber might be a short term solution, but it's no substitute for developing more physical strength. As a developing young player, adopting hard blade and hard rubber too soon might stymie his growth. FZD and Hugo Calderano are two of the most power players right now. They both use 5-ply pure wood blades, but they can hit more powerful shots than most players using composite blades. I think Harimoto should be patient and develop his strength in the next few years, instead of looking for help from equipment. Using slower equipment will help him learning to use more power on every shot and will give him more control on short game. Harimoto's father used to be a Chinese player and should know this.

you are funny :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018

this is exactly one of the many reasons why Harimoto should not get too caught up with wins and losses at such a young age. However, Marketing mavericks, sponsors, tv advertisers, team bureaucrats are just too eager to cash in.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews

FZD uses a composite blade, it’s just the handles of the Stiga infinity.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
I think it was 2500 Swedish krona (which I think is around 250 euro) for all the days. I paid 1500 kr for Thursday - Sunday. We also decided to get the ticket for Wednesday which was 300 kr. Definitely worth it, it was an amazing experience.

I wouldn’t mind missing out on the final even, the semis and quarters is where you’d get the most out of your money.

Exactly, I had tickets for Thursday and Friday and almost all matches were exciting.