Which team do you want to win the World Team Championships?

• Germany

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • China

Votes: 68 55.3%
  • Japan

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • France

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Chinese Taipei

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal

• Sweden

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I just read(in some mídia sheet for wtttc) that Ma Long is the only player to win every major title possible and searched with no results what title (s) Ding Ning's missing to be in same condition. Cause I read a ittf news that she had won. If anyone knows, I'd be happy. Thanks

People sometimes also don't combine men and women when making such statements. It could just be that kind of error.

Reactions: PatriciaPinheiro
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Some nice wallpapers
cNopcWph.png

uFRV4Mnh.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
One interesting thing is that Jeon Jihee of Korea is now playing this kind of tournament (usually, people who change nationality/federation cannot play ITTF international events unless they change as juniors and wait a certain period) - in the earlier rounds, they put that ^ next to her name which usually indicates she can't play tournaments like this, which to me was funny give that she was playing this tournament. She must have left China as a junior or something and waited long enough. Good for her. They have removed the ^.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Clear edge missed by both umpires in Hong Kong - South Korea match. On a crucial point too. Minnie tried to negotiate with the officials but apparently no one else saw it. Camera did though. Likewise, yesterday Dima called a let on a matchball against Kallberg, the replay showed the ball was never close to the net cord at all. Controversial stuff. TT needs VAR, in fact a simple laptop with ITTV feed would already be a huge upgrade over stubborn referees who notice approximately 3.72% of all edge balls and randomly choose if they wanna trust a player's testimony.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Clear edge missed by both umpires in Hong Kong - South Korea match. On a crucial point too. Minnie tried to negotiate with the officials but apparently no one else saw it. Camera did though. Likewise, yesterday Dima called a let on a matchball against Kallberg, the replay showed the ball was never close to the net cord at all. Controversial stuff. TT needs VAR, in fact a simple laptop with ITTV feed would already be a huge upgrade over stubborn referees who notice approximately 3.72% of all edge balls and randomly choose if they wanna trust a player's testimony.

Saw it too, I am pretty sure Ovtcharov knew it didn't touch the net

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Well, for me is China, I doubt any of them would do different in the sense of stop the 2nd ball return, maybe just the one who lost for Hugo which I forget the name and I'm lazy enough to Google since I just woke up

One of the things you have to realize is that Ma Long plays Fan Zhendong, Liang Jingkun, and before them Wang Hao and Zhang Jike, who all used chiquita on a regular basis. Ma Long is also considered by players at the top level to have one of the best service games in the world in how he uses his serves to control the game. So trust me, no other CNT player will handle Calderano quite the same way. They may use similar tactics but get very different results and still have to fight much more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
One of the things you have to realize is that Ma Long plays Fan Zhendong, Liang Jingkun, and before them Wang Hao and Zhang Jike, who all used chiquita on a regular basis. Ma Long is also considered by players at the top level to have one of the best service games in the world in how he uses his serves to control the game. So trust me, no other CNT player will handle Calderano quite the same way. They may use similar tactics but get very different results and still have to fight much more.
Ahhhh yeah, in that sense I agree, I was saying that in a more general way, like I don't think Hugo, with this (for now) characteristic 2nd ball return would give any of them (ML,XX,FZ,ZJ) a harder time this time as he apparently gave before. I wasn't even considering ML alone, cause well, is ML.

Jan 2018

Nice display of sportsmanship
2rcOz1Eh.png

Jan 2018
Makes sense. She tried hard not to see it.

This user has no status.
I could not understand Ovtcharov demanding a let yesterday neither (not assuming deliberate unfair play!). The ball was far away from touching the net. Even more difficult to understand is why the referees agreed with Ovtcharov just because he complained about. They should not be that easy to influence.

Reactions: Jimbob MacInbred
This user has no status.
Guys, call me when he is about to win. 2-0 is nothing.
Actually 2-0 is 66,6 % of the work done already. And a much more intense match than the usual Chinese walk in the park, no matter what the result will be. But you don't have to watch if you are too cool for this :D