Which team do you want to win the World Team Championships?

• Germany

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • China

Votes: 68 55.3%
  • Japan

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • France

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Chinese Taipei

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal

• Sweden

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
That is also interesting that japan sent Matsudaira who now is very predictable and is no threat for chinese or german players. I think Yoshimura, Ueda or even Masataka would make a difference. By the way Masataka has one of the best wining ratio in German League.

I agree. Matsudaira mainly plays an aggressive blocking and BH game. His style is not good for controlling pacing of the game. When you allow your opponent to dictate pacing, it's not good. But maybe his style has evolved, who knows.
I would much rather watch Yoshimura play. IMHO, he's the most powerful Japanese player, in terms of sheer strength. I was delighted to see him fighting FZD to a standstill on topspin rallies. I would like to see Yoshimura improve on other aspects of his game.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
In the latest TV table tennis program, Yoshimura admitted to the host that he has fallen behind and his style is outdated. He is working on changing it at the moment.

Matsu-ken style has become more aggressive since late 2016 after he signed up with Qiu Jianxin as his personal coach through Mizutani. Though, I'm of the opinion that it's too late, just like Ishikawa.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
In the latest TV table tennis program, Yoshimura admitted to the host that he has fallen behind and his style is outdated. He is working on changing it at the moment.

Matsu-ken style has become more aggressive since late 2016 after he signed up with Qiu Jianxin as his personal coach through Mizutani. Though, I'm of the opinion that it's too late, just like Ishikawa.
Too late ? Depends where are you and what is your aim. Isikawa aim I think is to be best player besides chinese and now she is. Remember when few years ago she could not finish the match to lower ranked player and was crying all the time. Now she is very different very strong and somtimes competing well with chinese.
Kenta is far away from beeing best besides China. And I really doubt he can get to top 10. I think he is looking more for 3rd spot in japanese team.

This user has no status.

Totally disagree with you.
You are just underestimating Kasumi, you don't even know how hard she's working. It's never too late.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Sweden and Japan had a warm up match yesterday! It is a great watch and totally without getting your ears popped out by Harimoto!

Video from our dearest ttlondon2012.
I don’t know if he will upload the rest of the matches, let’s hope so. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Sweden and Japan had a warm up match yesterday! It is a great watch and totally without getting your ears popped out by Harimoto!

I really like the way Truls moregardh plays . He is a promising player for sweden . He is also passionate as zhang jike and shows his emotions so well . Looking forward for his games .

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Coincidently Truls shares the same birthday as Zhang Jike :)

I really like way Truls moregardh plays . He is a promising player for sweden . He is also passionate as zhang jike and shows his emotions so well . Looking forward for his games .

Reactions: Giangt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015

Look - spectators! On a weekday too, for a meaningless warmup match!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
No secrets, just simple conclusions really :)

1. Close to WTTC both in the calendar and on the map. Varberg where these matches are played is on the west coast, same as Halmstad where the WTTC are held. The Swedish TT Association have used Social Media heavily to promote the event, the entire Halmstad community is involved with many volunteers and newspapers co-operating to offer the best possible experience.

2. Japan is a top contender and interest for Truls' future is big, especially since he played a future combatant who he'll face many times probably.

On a side note:
I asked the newspaper where I work (Swedens largest) to push the WTTC more, we hardly have written anything about it yet. I think that's quite embarrassing. They told me there might be more coverage when the games begin.

Don't leave us hanging - please elaborate! Seriously, though, nice to see spectators.