the best long pimple to play close the table

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I think the looper did well in the match. He did a pretty good job of rolling back the back spins. I think the looper would have done better to push balls deep to the LP players BH so the return would have top spin and then attack

I use GD Talon 0X on a Firewall Plus with H2 Neo on the FH. I have 2 identical paddles.
The spin reversal is pretty good. The balsa wood absorbs some energy from the hard loops when making passive blocks.

I disagree with the comment the 0X is slower. The sponge absorbs energy, it doesn't generate energy.

Get LP 0X for the push blocking style of game.
Get LP with a thin sponge for a more aggressive chop blocking and hitting game.
Coach Richard McAfee liked CropCircles with a sponge for a more aggressive hitting game.
I have tried CropCircles. It requires a more active game.

Another solution is to get one of the new German frictionless antis. They have great spin reversal. They are easier to play with because they don't have pips that bend inconsistently and the sponge will absorb the energy of hard hit balls better than 0X LP.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 4 reviews
I know this young player used to play "Dragon Talon 0x" before. His father spook about on the french forum.

The rubber is différent as others, much more smooth and so it's easier to do short blocks behind the net.

I would like to ask you about something : It seams that TT11 in estonie don't want to sell this "death metal" anymore, according to the fact that the french seller TT11 in Paris had to stop selling it ! (It seams TT11 in Estonie said it)

So I don't understand why ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Always a give & take with LPs. The more grip you get, the easier it is to attack and play aggressive with a weird style close to the table. But then you lose some reversal.

Still, I like the concept of being a pinch more in control of the amount of spin based on my strokes, if I have LP with a little grip on it, vs a high reversal just reflect back LP.

With high reversal LPs, I feel your more confined to the rules of LP play. ie - Chop block vs topspin (returning backspin), and aggressive punch vs backspin (returning topspin). IMO it became predictable. And that's never good. At least for me it wasn't. What if I wanted to push a backspin serve returning some sort of dead-ish ball? This way when the opponent serves pure backspin, they don't know exactly what style of shot/spin I'll give back necessarily. Easier to do that and vary the spin with a slightly grippier LP.

I once hit with Dawei 388D-1 in 1.5 sponge (can't find that anymore) and I was convinced that was the best hitting LP I've ever experienced. Recently ordered that rubber in 1.0 from some seller on Ali Express and the uncut sheet didn't even fully cover my penhold blade. SMH. So never again with that seller and/or rubber. IDK. Moot point now anyways as I'm not currently playing LPs.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
This Playingstyle is more difficult todayl because of the new long pimples ans balls. Not so much spin.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
This Playingstyle is more difficult todayl because of the new long pimples ans balls. Not so much spin.

Actually LP OX pushblocker style is easier now at the amateur level. Even pro players are losing to this style. The techniques have advanced a lot.

Go to North Little Rock Table Tennis Group timeline page on Facebook for news postings and video links.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Actually LP OX pushblocker style is easier now at the amateur level. Even pro players are losing to this style. The techniques have advanced a lot.

Go to North Little Rock Table Tennis Group timeline page on Facebook for news postings and video links.

I disagree. Maybe it is easier that players can not loop as hard anymore. But it is night and day today, compared to the days with the smaller ball and frictionless long pimple. I do not want to be rude, but i can not see how anyone can say anything else. With the old long pimples this style was much much better. And with the old ball they actually got some backspin.

I know some long pimple players that try anti instead and are forced to become more offensive.

But maybe if the opponent can not play as hard with ball it evens out a bit, but i do not think so.

Have you played many pushblockers when they had frictionless long pimple and the old ball and today? so you can compare? i experience a difference, and i know that they do to. Maybe it is easier today, but not as near as effective.

But that is just my opinion and some other pushblockers i know of.

Reactions: MydasDiablo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
I disagree. Maybe it is easier that players can not loop as hard anymore. But it is night and day today, compared to the days with the smaller ball and frictionless long pimple. I do not want to be rude, but i can not see how anyone can say anything else. With the old long pimples this style was much much better. And with the old ball they actually got some backspin.

I know some long pimple players that try anti instead and are forced to become more offensive.

But maybe if the opponent can not play as hard with ball it evens out a bit, but i do not think so.

Have you played many pushblockers when they had frictionless long pimple and the old ball and today? so you can compare? i experience a difference, and i know that they do to. Maybe it is easier today, but not as near as effective.

But that is just my opinion and some other pushblockers i know of.

Yes the old LP were a lot nastier, but they were a lot harder to control too, especially close to the table. Generally, the blocking today is easier than before. Close to the table pushblockers in the past weren't beating pro but today it is happening, the skill techniques and control is allowing that to happen.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Yes the old LP were a lot nastier, but they were a lot harder to control too, especially close to the table. Generally, the blocking today is easier than before. Close to the table pushblockers in the past weren't beating pro but today it is happening, the skill techniques and control is allowing that to happen.

Okey. I disagree again. With the old long pimples i think alot of players just won because they had the long pimples. Could just put the racket there. So i think it was easier before. Now i think it require more skills. And i also think it was proably easier to get success at a higher level before than now. But again, just my opinions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
CIose to table, I agree and disagree, generally the old lp to be successful had to flip to win. Blocking was more difficult. Dead balls were harder to control.

If we ever happen to cross paths in table tennis, we should play to settle our disagreement on the table. It would be at least a fun ending to our discussion.

Reactions: Lula
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I have two Dr Neubauer Firewall Plus paddle. I have H2 Neo on the FH and GD Talon 0X on the BH.
I didn't like Grass DTecs. 755 0X is good. 755 0X does not have the same spin reversal but it is easier to hit with 755 0X than it is with GD Talon. Coach Richard McAfee played with GD Crop Circles for a while but he played a hitting game.

A long pips player needs to know when the pips will bend. When the pips bend there is more friction. Push directly through the ball will not change the spin of the ball much. This also means that if the opponent hits a no spin ball, your return will have no spin and float. Sometimes this works. Other times the ball floats long. Side swipes and chop blocks will bend the pips and add enough spin to the ball to result in a stable flight.

Being able to move like Batix or being able to twiddle is a must. The LP player should not rely on his pips alone.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think it is okay to discuss as long as We Do it in a nice way.

Knew akerstrom somewhat good before. He and a friend is using death metal. Also know that many use dornenglanz.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I think the looper did well in the match. He did a pretty good job of rolling back the back spins. I think the looper would have done better to push balls deep to the LP players BH so the return would have top spin and then attack

I use GD Talon 0X on a Firewall Plus with H2 Neo on the FH. I have 2 identical paddles.
The spin reversal is pretty good. The balsa wood absorbs some energy from the hard loops when making passive blocks.

I disagree with the comment the 0X is slower. The sponge absorbs energy, it doesn't generate energy.

Get LP 0X for the push blocking style of game.
Get LP with a thin sponge for a more aggressive chop blocking and hitting game.
Coach Richard McAfee liked CropCircles with a sponge for a more aggressive hitting game.
I have tried CropCircles. It requires a more active game.

Another solution is to get one of the new German frictionless antis. They have great spin reversal. They are easier to play with because they don't have pips that bend inconsistently and the sponge will absorb the energy of hard hit balls better than 0X LP.

A trampoline absorbs energy. It doesn't generate energy. Do you spring up higher when you bounce on a trampoline or when you bounce on the ground?

It is not about generating energy but about the amount of energy you store/absorb and the amount of energy you *return*.