the best long pimple to play close the table

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Being able to move like Batix or being able to twiddle is a must. The LP player should not rely on his pips alone.

I don't flip, yes, they try to pin me on the bh side, I use all the variations available for my lp, even a control loop. I will punch a ball too high. So you don't have to flip, but if you can do it without unforced errors, then do.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
LP players can only get so far. The best LP style probably is chopping long distance and attack with either BH or FH. Chop blocking doesn't get very far based on what I see current LP players' ranking. But this style is exhaustive. A lot of amateur LP players used to be inverted players but switched because they are getting slower.
Yes, OX is slower that OX with sponge. I've tried them all. I now stick with OX because not only it is cheaper I find it is easier to chop block and add variations with less errors than OX-sponge when close to table.

Again these recommendations are from amateur LP players only. I once talked to Wang Hao (ICC coach and #7 WR a while back) he is using a cheap Chinese LP no sponge similar to 388D. He has tried most LP and he thinks other expensive LP's are not necessary. But he can chop, flip, attack with LP or inverted at ease.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Gustaf Ericson at Ängby uses Dornenglanz for instance.

It is interesting that he is playing as a chopper and not as a pushblocker in my opinion with a long pimple that almost can not create any own spin. But i would go so far at saying that him and Germanys Filus is not the regular chopper, but very offensive ones. I also find it funny that Ericsson have in my opinion a much better backhand loop than forehand loop. If you have not seen him play, look him up! Fun playingstyle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Yes I've watched several matches, he's very entertaining, and his bh loop/attack is phenomenal. His match vs Filus is on YT for instance, fun stuff.

It is interesting that he is playing as a chopper and not as a pushblocker in my opinion with a long pimple that almost can not create any own spin. But i would go so far at saying that him and Germanys Filus is not the regular chopper, but very offensive ones. I also find it funny that Ericsson have in my opinion a much better backhand loop than forehand loop. If you have not seen him play, look him up! Fun playingstyle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
I once talked to Wang Hao (ICC coach and #7 WR a while back) he is using a cheap Chinese LP no sponge similar to 388D. He has tried most LP and he thinks other expensive LP's are not necessary. But he can chop, flip, attack with LP or inverted at ease.

I suspect some of the expensive long pips have been cloned from a cheap Chinese traditional rubber.