Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Carbonado 145
      Forehand Rubber Stiga Genesis S
      Backhand Rubber Stiga Genesis S

Reviews
      Read 64 Reviews
      Liked 3,698 Times in 1,397 Posts

Maze Documentary 2011 (NEW)

Heres an awesome documentary I just found on youtube of European Champion Michael Maze. Im not to when this video was taken, but I have a feeling it an old one. If their are any translators who can translate this documentary that would be awesome! Around 35.30 the interview is about Michael Maze's back pain... I would love to know what he is saying about his back as it looks like the exact same injury I have. Behind the scenes of Michael Maze Life.... Enjoy the video below

Photo by: Nils Meilvang

2. Top | #2
      This user has no status.

V.I.P TTD Member Country: Malaysia
      Equipment:
      Blade STIGA EBENHOLZ VII
      Forehand Rubber STIGA CALIBRA LT PLUS
      Backhand Rubber XIOM VEGA PRO

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 155 Times in 121 Posts
      Whoooaaa....that's a long long long documentary, fit for discovery channel. hehehehe Yeah, it would be interesting to know what his feelings and thoughts about his performance and TT in general.
      To improve, we must enjoy the game and above all have fun

3. Top | #3
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: New Zealand
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Legend
      Forehand Rubber Rakza 7
      Backhand Rubber Rakza 7

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 74 Times in 40 Posts
      Very interesting. But quite old.
      Would have been nice to have his Euro Champs victory in there.

4. Top | #4
      says The 1 set showdown vs the
      Mighty German head coach is
      out!

Administrator Country: England
      Equipment:

Reviews
      Read 64 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by TT Guru View Post
      Very interesting. But quite old.
      Would have been nice to have his Euro Champs victory in there.
      Opps hehe I thought this was a new documentary.. thanks for the update TT Guru

5. Top | #5
      says Krooklyn District Goon Squad
      Commissioner

Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red F-XP
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black M-XP

Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 13,786 Times in 6,574 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
      Around 35.30 the interview is about Michael Maze's back pain... I would love to know what he is saying about his back as it looks like the exact same injury I have.
      In my work in my real life, I help a lot of people with back problems. There are a few TT players in NYC who I have helped out as well. You and M. Maze should have me around.

No, it is hard to say what is going on. But if I have a doctor's diagnosis and, if necessary, a look at MRIs and/or X-rays, I can usually help people with most back pain. When it is worse it takes longer but I can help. I teach yoga but for something like that I would probably need to do a variety of exercises that I would have the person do him/herself combined with certain assisted stretches (body work) and joint manipulations including traction and hitting pressure points and sometimes mild realignment of bones in the spin or disks to help things go back to normal. In the end the first goal would be to get the person to not be feeling pain in normal daily activities. The next goal would be to get the affected area and the surrounding structures strong enough to be supported and flexible enough to not create more damage in the future while moving in ways that simulate actions from Table Tennis. Then the next goal would be to get back to the activities, in this case high level Table Tennis, while keeping the back safe and relearning some movement patterns so that the actions of Table Tennis would not re-injure the affected area. Then the sky's the limit. But you have to start with getting the pain under control. And once you do have an injury like this, you have to continue to do things proactively for it even after you think things are okay. Stronger abdominal muscles are almost always helpful to the health of our spin, particularly the deeper muscles of the abdomen, the transverse and obliques.

I might as well put a link to my web-site on here.

This is my home page: http://www.yogascope.com/

This is a page that has lots of videos and photos and content: http://yogascope.blogspot.com/

Some of the videos are me showing cool complicated things. Some are me showing stuff that is more simple, therapeutic and healthy for the spine.

In there are also photos from when I used to be a professional In-Line Skater. I remember someone on the forum posted a video of him rollerblading in a skate park at some point and seeing it brought back memories.
      Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 11-18-2011 at 08:17 PM.
      Spin Everything.

6. Top | #6
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Denmark
      Equipment:
      Blade Timo Boll ALC, ST handle
      Forehand Rubber Tenergy 05, 2.1
      Backhand Rubber Tenergy 25, 2.1

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
      Hi Dan!

It's old, from 2007.
      They don't say what's wrong with his back but they talk a lot of all of his injuries and his missing passion at the time.

Oh man if he would have had the proper guidance and training from a very young age, he would be the best ever seen!

7. Top | #7
      out!

Equipment:

Reviews
      Read 64 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by Reiin View Post
      Hi Dan!

It's old, from 2007.
      They don't say what's wrong with his back but they talk a lot of all of his injuries and his missing passion at the time.

Oh man if he would have had the proper guidance and training from a very young age, he would be the best ever seen!
      Thanks for the feedback Reiin!

Yeah I think your right, who knows what this boy could of achieved. Injuries are such a nightmare and Maze injury is likely mechanical. So as you say, if he was guided with better sufficient technique at a young age he may not have these injury issues now and he would be taking on the Chinese just like Boll is doing

8. Top | #8
      This user has no status.

Equipment:

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
      You're welcome Dan!

He says in the documentary that hé feels that he is walking around in a glass body that is not fit for table tennis.

9. Top | #9
      This user has no status.

Master TTD Member Country: Netherlands
      Equipment:
      Blade Timo Boll Spirit
      Forehand Rubber Xiom Vega Pro
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Vega Pro

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 123 Times in 97 Posts
      4:10 Still the best CHO ever

10. Top | #10
      This user has no status.

Verified Pro Coach
      Moderator Country: New Zealand
      Equipment:
      Blade Waldner Senso Carbon
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy05
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy05

Reviews
      Read 12 Reviews
      Liked 1,034 Times in 382 Posts
      I don't think it will ever be the same as back then for Maze, his form is low and his style seems different. I wonder if he will ever commit to making a real comeback
      Pro Table Tennis Coaching Blog at - MHTableTennis

11. Top | #11
      This user has no status.

Equipment:

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by PingPongPom View Post
      I don't think it will ever be the same as back then for Maze, his form is low and his style seems different. I wonder if he will ever commit to making a real comeback
      It will be a hard and long and then even harder and longer for him to get back at the top! He turns 30 next year.

12. Top | #12
      out!

Equipment:

Reviews
      Read 64 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by Carl Horowitz View Post
      In my work in my real life, I help a lot of people with back problems. There are a few TT players in NYC who I have helped out as well. You and M. Maze should have me around.

No, it is hard to say what is going on. But if I have a doctor's diagnosis and, if necessary, a look at MRIs and/or X-rays, I can usually help people with most back pain. When it is worse it takes longer but I can help. I teach yoga but for something like that I would probably need to do a variety of exercises that I would have the person do him/herself combined with certain assisted stretches (body work) and joint manipulations including traction and hitting pressure points and sometimes mild realignment of bones in the spin or disks to help things go back to normal. In the end the first goal would be to get the person to not be feeling pain in normal daily activities. The next goal would be to get the affected area and the surrounding structures strong enough to be supported and flexible enough to not create more damage in the future while moving in ways that simulate actions from Table Tennis. Then the next goal would be to get back to the activities, in this case high level Table Tennis, while keeping the back safe and relearning some movement patterns so that the actions of Table Tennis would not re-injure the affected area. Then the sky's the limit. But you have to start with getting the pain under control. And once you do have an injury like this, you have to continue to do things proactively for it even after you think things are okay. Stronger abdominal muscles are almost always helpful to the health of our spin, particularly the deeper muscles of the abdomen, the transverse and obliques.

I might as well put a link to my web-site on here.

This is my home page: http://www.yogascope.com/

This is a page that has lots of videos and photos and content: http://yogascope.blogspot.com/

Some of the videos are me showing cool complicated things. Some are me showing stuff that is more simple, therapeutic and healthy for the spine.

In there are also photos from when I used to be a professional In-Line Skater. I remember someone on the forum posted a video of him rollerblading in a skate park at some point and seeing it brought back memories.

Sorry for late reply Carl, just seen your post now

Wish I did, just seen your awesome site!

I see what your saying, I first got my back injury when I did a forehand smash in 2007... I could not move for 2 hours,, not at all! And then after a while I managed to limb and walk and stuff. I slept the night and saw physio's the next day.... they did loads of massage and it was so painful. However after 2 weeks massage was not giving much relief. They then used acupuncture and I had immediate relief. The relief was so much that I could go back to playing table tennis after 3 months. However, after playing tt the pain would come back and I would need acupuncture twice a month to relieve it.

However around February 2009 the acupuncture lost its effect! I was not getting the relief I use to get and I was forced to quit in the end of 2009 because i couldnt get relief from anything. So beginning of 2010 I did yoga back exercises twice a day... 30 mins a time... got core stronger... However no change..

I then decided to go on the NHS/Hospital and had 3 different MRI scans, in the lumbar region and SI region... the scans picked up nothing! I was referred to a neurologist, all these different ologists I cannot remember names now lol.. and even a rumatologist who swore the pills would get rid of the pain after 6 months. However they did not help. So around 2 months ago the NHS said there is nothing more they can do. They have tried all their options and said to come back in a year or 2 for another MRI scan to see if anything has changed.

So now I guess ill have to wait 2 years until I see them again.

The pain comes on as soon as I start twisting for a forehand or bending my right leg and putting weight on it.

I am seeing a chiropractor at the moment who is clicking me around and trying to release pressure around my joints and stuff and ive got different core and stretching exercises to do. I also ice 3 times a day..

I am now 22 ... the injury happened in 2007 when i was 17.. .Kinda sucks lol... but i wouldn't of made TTD if the injury didn't happen so guess always positives

13. Top | #13
      This user has no status.

Master TTD Member Country: Netherlands
      Equipment:
      Blade Timo Boll Spirit
      Forehand Rubber Xiom Vega Pro
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Vega Pro

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 123 Times in 97 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Sorry for late reply Carl, just seen your post now

Wish I did, just seen your awesome site!

I see what your saying, I first got my back injury when I did a forehand smash in 2007... I could not move for 2 hours,, not at all! And then after a while I managed to limb and walk and stuff. I slept the night and saw physio's the next day.... they did loads of massage and it was so painful. However after 2 weeks massage was not giving much relief. They then used acupuncture and I had immediate relief. The relief was so much that I could go back to playing table tennis after 3 months. However, after playing tt the pain would come back and I would need acupuncture twice a month to relieve it.

However around February 2009 the acupuncture lost its effect! I was not getting the relief I use to get and I was forced to quit in the end of 2009 because i couldnt get relief from anything. So beginning of 2010 I did yoga back exercises twice a day... 30 mins a time... got core stronger... However no change..

I then decided to go on the NHS/Hospital and had 3 different MRI scans, in the lumbar region and SI region... the scans picked up nothing! I was referred to a neurologist, all these different ologists I cannot remember names now lol.. and even a rumatologist who swore the pills would get rid of the pain after 6 months. However they did not help. So around 2 months ago the NHS said there is nothing more they can do. They have tried all their options and said to come back in a year or 2 for another MRI scan to see if anything has changed.

So now I guess ill have to wait 2 years until I see them again.

The pain comes on as soon as I start twisting for a forehand or bending my right leg and putting weight on it.

I am seeing a chiropractor at the moment who is clicking me around and trying to release pressure around my joints and stuff and ive got different core and stretching exercises to do. I also ice 3 times a day..

I am now 22 ... the injury happened in 2007 when i was 17.. .Kinda sucks lol... but i wouldn't of made TTD if the injury didn't happen so guess always positives
      Respect to u for keeping on trying Dan! Maybe u should get the same tattoo Zhang Jike has

14. Top | #14
      out!

Equipment:

Reviews
      Read 64 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by WiWa View Post
      Respect to u for keeping on trying Dan! Maybe u should get the same tattoo Zhang Jike has
      Hehe i have been thinking of getting a tattoo in the injured area actually.... Not to sure how that would go down with the physios tho hehe

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

15. Top | #15
      This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member Country: Norway
      Equipment:
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 8
      Backhand Rubber Victas V>15 Extra

Reviews
      Read 8 Reviews
      Liked 235 Times in 146 Posts
      Get well soon Dan, best regards!
      Don't hesitate. If you want to reach your goal, just go for it!

16. Top | #16
      This user has no status.

Verified Youtuber
      Elite TTD Member

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 925 Times in 513 Posts
      BTW, here is another very interesting old video of Michael Maze !!!

17. Top | #17
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Colombia

Equipment:
      Blade M. Maze Arylate Carbon
      Forehand Rubber Donic Acuda P2
      Backhand Rubber Andro Rasant

Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
      Great documentary... He's one of my favorites players... A-Maze-Ing
      I <3 Table Tennis

18. Top | #18
      This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member Country: Austria

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Viscaria - Piing of Power Version
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 155 Times in 91 Posts
      I think this is from an DVD (especially the second video posted)

19. Top | #19
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: England

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
      Truly awesome player, so chuffed for him when he didn't just win Euros but smashed 'em out of sight. I'm no physio but looking at his style and admittedly trying to copy it, its no wonder he's injured all the time.