Back to Forum
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. Dan is offline
    says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!
     
    Administrator 4,179 6,778
    Dan's Avatar
    Dan is offline
    says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!
     
    Administrator 6,778 4,179
    #1

    Maze Documentary 2011 (NEW)

    Heres an awesome documentary I just found on youtube of European Champion Michael Maze. Im not to when this video was taken, but I have a feeling it an old one. If their are any translators who can translate this documentary that would be awesome! Around 35.30 the interview is about Michael Maze's back pain... I would love to know what he is saying about his back as it looks like the exact same injury I have. Behind the scenes of Michael Maze Life.... Enjoy the video below


    Photo by: Nils Meilvang


  2. azlan is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 157 1,871
    azlan's Avatar
    azlan is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,871 157
    #2
    Whoooaaa....that's a long long long documentary, fit for discovery channel. hehehehe Yeah, it would be interesting to know what his feelings and thoughts about his performance and TT in general.
    To improve, we must enjoy the game and above all have fun



  3. TT Guru is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 74 219
    TT Guru's Avatar
    TT Guru is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 219 74

    User Info Menu

    #3
    Very interesting. But quite old.
    Would have been nice to have his Euro Champs victory in there.

  4. Dan is offline
    says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!
     
    Administrator 4,179 6,778
    Dan's Avatar
    Dan is offline
    says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!
     
    Administrator 6,778 4,179
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Guru
    Very interesting. But quite old.
    Would have been nice to have his Euro Champs victory in there.
    Opps hehe I thought this was a new documentary.. thanks for the update TT Guru

  5. UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 15,761 14,154
    UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
    UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 14,154 15,761
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Around 35.30 the interview is about Michael Maze's back pain... I would love to know what he is saying about his back as it looks like the exact same injury I have.
    In my work in my real life, I help a lot of people with back problems. There are a few TT players in NYC who I have helped out as well. You and M. Maze should have me around.

    No, it is hard to say what is going on. But if I have a doctor's diagnosis and, if necessary, a look at MRIs and/or X-rays, I can usually help people with most back pain. When it is worse it takes longer but I can help. I teach yoga but for something like that I would probably need to do a variety of exercises that I would have the person do him/herself combined with certain assisted stretches (body work) and joint manipulations including traction and hitting pressure points and sometimes mild realignment of bones in the spin or disks to help things go back to normal. In the end the first goal would be to get the person to not be feeling pain in normal daily activities. The next goal would be to get the affected area and the surrounding structures strong enough to be supported and flexible enough to not create more damage in the future while moving in ways that simulate actions from Table Tennis. Then the next goal would be to get back to the activities, in this case high level Table Tennis, while keeping the back safe and relearning some movement patterns so that the actions of Table Tennis would not re-injure the affected area. Then the sky's the limit. But you have to start with getting the pain under control. And once you do have an injury like this, you have to continue to do things proactively for it even after you think things are okay. Stronger abdominal muscles are almost always helpful to the health of our spin, particularly the deeper muscles of the abdomen, the transverse and obliques.

    I might as well put a link to my web-site on here.

    This is my home page: http://www.yogascope.com/

    This is a page that has lots of videos and photos and content: http://yogascope.blogspot.com/

    Some of the videos are me showing cool complicated things. Some are me showing stuff that is more simple, therapeutic and healthy for the spine.

    In there are also photos from when I used to be a professional In-Line Skater. I remember someone on the forum posted a video of him rollerblading in a skate park at some point and seeing it brought back memories.
    Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 11-18-2011 at 08:17 PM.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

  6. Reiin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 7 69
    Reiin's Avatar
    Reiin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 69 7
    #6
    Hi Dan!

    It's old, from 2007.
    They don't say what's wrong with his back but they talk a lot of all of his injuries and his missing passion at the time.

    Oh man if he would have had the proper guidance and training from a very young age, he would be the best ever seen!

  7. Dan is offline
    says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!
     
    Administrator 4,179 6,778
    Dan's Avatar
    Dan is offline
    says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!
     
    Administrator 6,778 4,179
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiin
    Hi Dan!

    It's old, from 2007.
    They don't say what's wrong with his back but they talk a lot of all of his injuries and his missing passion at the time.

    Oh man if he would have had the proper guidance and training from a very young age, he would be the best ever seen!
    Thanks for the feedback Reiin!

    Yeah I think your right, who knows what this boy could of achieved. Injuries are such a nightmare and Maze injury is likely mechanical. So as you say, if he was guided with better sufficient technique at a young age he may not have these injury issues now and he would be taking on the Chinese just like Boll is doing

  8. Reiin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 7 69
    Reiin's Avatar
    Reiin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 69 7
    #8
    You're welcome Dan!

    He says in the documentary that hé feels that he is walking around in a glass body that is not fit for table tennis.

  9. WiWa is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 123 1,880
    WiWa's Avatar
    WiWa is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,880 123

    User Info Menu

    #9
    4:10 Still the best CHO ever

  10. Matt Hetherington is offline
    says I'm BACK! :D
     
    Moderator 1,201 2,479
    Matt Hetherington's Avatar
    Matt Hetherington is offline
    says I'm BACK! :D
     
    Moderator 2,479 1,201
    #10
    I don't think it will ever be the same as back then for Maze, his form is low and his style seems different. I wonder if he will ever commit to making a real comeback
    Pro Table Tennis Coaching Blog at - MHTableTennis

  11. Reiin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 7 69
    Reiin's Avatar
    Reiin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 69 7
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by PingPongPom
    I don't think it will ever be the same as back then for Maze, his form is low and his style seems different. I wonder if he will ever commit to making a real comeback
    It will be a hard and long and then even harder and longer for him to get back at the top! He turns 30 next year.

  12. Dan is offline
    says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!
     
    Administrator 4,179 6,778
    Dan's Avatar
    Dan is offline
    says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!
     
    Administrator 6,778 4,179
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Horowitz
    In my work in my real life, I help a lot of people with back problems. There are a few TT players in NYC who I have helped out as well. You and M. Maze should have me around.

    No, it is hard to say what is going on. But if I have a doctor's diagnosis and, if necessary, a look at MRIs and/or X-rays, I can usually help people with most back pain. When it is worse it takes longer but I can help. I teach yoga but for something like that I would probably need to do a variety of exercises that I would have the person do him/herself combined with certain assisted stretches (body work) and joint manipulations including traction and hitting pressure points and sometimes mild realignment of bones in the spin or disks to help things go back to normal. In the end the first goal would be to get the person to not be feeling pain in normal daily activities. The next goal would be to get the affected area and the surrounding structures strong enough to be supported and flexible enough to not create more damage in the future while moving in ways that simulate actions from Table Tennis. Then the next goal would be to get back to the activities, in this case high level Table Tennis, while keeping the back safe and relearning some movement patterns so that the actions of Table Tennis would not re-injure the affected area. Then the sky's the limit. But you have to start with getting the pain under control. And once you do have an injury like this, you have to continue to do things proactively for it even after you think things are okay. Stronger abdominal muscles are almost always helpful to the health of our spin, particularly the deeper muscles of the abdomen, the transverse and obliques.

    I might as well put a link to my web-site on here.

    This is my home page: http://www.yogascope.com/

    This is a page that has lots of videos and photos and content: http://yogascope.blogspot.com/

    Some of the videos are me showing cool complicated things. Some are me showing stuff that is more simple, therapeutic and healthy for the spine.

    In there are also photos from when I used to be a professional In-Line Skater. I remember someone on the forum posted a video of him rollerblading in a skate park at some point and seeing it brought back memories.


    Sorry for late reply Carl, just seen your post now

    Wish I did, just seen your awesome site!

    I see what your saying, I first got my back injury when I did a forehand smash in 2007... I could not move for 2 hours,, not at all! And then after a while I managed to limb and walk and stuff. I slept the night and saw physio's the next day.... they did loads of massage and it was so painful. However after 2 weeks massage was not giving much relief. They then used acupuncture and I had immediate relief. The relief was so much that I could go back to playing table tennis after 3 months. However, after playing tt the pain would come back and I would need acupuncture twice a month to relieve it.

    However around February 2009 the acupuncture lost its effect! I was not getting the relief I use to get and I was forced to quit in the end of 2009 because i couldnt get relief from anything. So beginning of 2010 I did yoga back exercises twice a day... 30 mins a time... got core stronger... However no change..

    I then decided to go on the NHS/Hospital and had 3 different MRI scans, in the lumbar region and SI region... the scans picked up nothing! I was referred to a neurologist, all these different ologists I cannot remember names now lol.. and even a rumatologist who swore the pills would get rid of the pain after 6 months. However they did not help. So around 2 months ago the NHS said there is nothing more they can do. They have tried all their options and said to come back in a year or 2 for another MRI scan to see if anything has changed.

    So now I guess ill have to wait 2 years until I see them again.

    The pain comes on as soon as I start twisting for a forehand or bending my right leg and putting weight on it.

    I am seeing a chiropractor at the moment who is clicking me around and trying to release pressure around my joints and stuff and ive got different core and stretching exercises to do. I also ice 3 times a day..

    I am now 22 ... the injury happened in 2007 when i was 17.. .Kinda sucks lol... but i wouldn't of made TTD if the injury didn't happen so guess always positives

  13. WiWa is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 123 1,880
    WiWa's Avatar
    WiWa is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,880 123

    User Info Menu

    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan


    Sorry for late reply Carl, just seen your post now

    Wish I did, just seen your awesome site!

    I see what your saying, I first got my back injury when I did a forehand smash in 2007... I could not move for 2 hours,, not at all! And then after a while I managed to limb and walk and stuff. I slept the night and saw physio's the next day.... they did loads of massage and it was so painful. However after 2 weeks massage was not giving much relief. They then used acupuncture and I had immediate relief. The relief was so much that I could go back to playing table tennis after 3 months. However, after playing tt the pain would come back and I would need acupuncture twice a month to relieve it.

    However around February 2009 the acupuncture lost its effect! I was not getting the relief I use to get and I was forced to quit in the end of 2009 because i couldnt get relief from anything. So beginning of 2010 I did yoga back exercises twice a day... 30 mins a time... got core stronger... However no change..

    I then decided to go on the NHS/Hospital and had 3 different MRI scans, in the lumbar region and SI region... the scans picked up nothing! I was referred to a neurologist, all these different ologists I cannot remember names now lol.. and even a rumatologist who swore the pills would get rid of the pain after 6 months. However they did not help. So around 2 months ago the NHS said there is nothing more they can do. They have tried all their options and said to come back in a year or 2 for another MRI scan to see if anything has changed.

    So now I guess ill have to wait 2 years until I see them again.

    The pain comes on as soon as I start twisting for a forehand or bending my right leg and putting weight on it.

    I am seeing a chiropractor at the moment who is clicking me around and trying to release pressure around my joints and stuff and ive got different core and stretching exercises to do. I also ice 3 times a day..

    I am now 22 ... the injury happened in 2007 when i was 17.. .Kinda sucks lol... but i wouldn't of made TTD if the injury didn't happen so guess always positives
    Respect to u for keeping on trying Dan! Maybe u should get the same tattoo Zhang Jike has

  14. Dan is offline
    says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!
     
    Administrator 4,179 6,778
    Dan's Avatar
    Dan is offline
    says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!
     
    Administrator 6,778 4,179
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by WiWa
    Respect to u for keeping on trying Dan! Maybe u should get the same tattoo Zhang Jike has
    Hehe i have been thinking of getting a tattoo in the injured area actually.... Not to sure how that would go down with the physios tho hehe

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

  15. Anders is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 237 790
    Anders's Avatar
    Anders is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 790 237
    #15
    Get well soon Dan, best regards!
    Don't hesitate. If you want to reach your goal, just go for it!

  16. janus is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 925 1,207
    janus's Avatar
    janus is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,207 925

    User Info Menu


    Mar 2011
    1,207
    925
    4093
    Read 0 Reviews
    #16
    BTW, here is another very interesting old video of Michael Maze !!!


  17. CamiloG is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 3 34
    C
    CamiloG is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 34 3
    #17
    Great documentary... He's one of my favorites players... A-Maze-Ing
    I <3 Table Tennis

  18. T!Christian is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 155 889
    T
    T!Christian is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 889 155
    #18
    I think this is from an DVD (especially the second video posted)

  19. KAB71 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 1 16
    KAB71's Avatar
    KAB71 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 16 1

    User Info Menu


    May 2013
    England
    16
    1
    103
    Read 0 Reviews
    #19
    Truly awesome player, so chuffed for him when he didn't just win Euros but smashed 'em out of sight. I'm no physio but looking at his style and admittedly trying to copy it, its no wonder he's injured all the time.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.