Frustration playing a long pimples pips player

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Man if i could clip the net every single point in the damn game id be beating ma long

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Technically point #2 is not LP-specific, it's a nice short double-bounce block, and it was done to me quite a few times by double inverted players with a nice touch.

The point #4 is a well-placed edge ball off the topspin by your opponent, so no need to blame LP either ;)

But yeah, you are keeping your composure remarkably well, nicely done!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2017
As yes. Mid '90s, Akron, Ohio tt club. See it in my dreams. Repasy (1900+) vs. Podis (1750 and some change). Repasy serves backhand side top into Podis' Phantom 0012 long pips. Maybe not such a good idea. Gets back a tt Hoyt Wilhelm wobbler to his backhand side.

What does Repasy do? Steps around his backhand and lets loose an el humongo Surbek forehand spin power gloop (speed glued loop) straight back to Repasy's backhand side but short, short.

Repasy has but one response. This time it costs him. Ball lands too short. Almost a semi drop shot. He tries another spin power gloop from his heels but racket hits table edge near throat and busts in two. Stone bummer.

The good news: Repasy has a spare racket, decides sensibly to go mostly to Podis' wide forehand, and wins match anyway despite Podis' treacherous pips.

Last edited:
says Aging is a killer
Technically point #2 is not LP-specific, it's a nice short double-bounce block, and it was done to me quite a few times by double inverted players with a nice touch.

The point #4 is a well-placed edge ball off the topspin by your opponent, so no need to blame LP either ;)

But yeah, you are keeping your composure remarkably well, nicely done!

No, that's definitely not me ;). I was filming.

Reactions: pgpg
says Aging is a killer
The colours cause no problems. The lighting could be better on some tables.
However, there is a distinct difference between the original file and what is seen via YouTube. The video itself was shot handheld with my old Samsung Galaxy 5 and edited on movie maker. So no colour or exposure correction was done during editing.