Xiom Footwork 18 Shoes

YWwGa1F.jpg

unbs8Uw.jpg

lIdjYNY.jpg

The Xiom Footwork 18 is a new batch of shoes that is being released this year. I was fortunate enough to have the shoes early outside of Korea. The new shoes have black/gold, black/silver and purple color variants. I choose the Black/Yellow combination because balck or dark colored shoes are my thing. The Black/Gold variant is really awesome to look at. The design is well thought of. I know people will not agree with the shoe lace holder on the inner part of the shoes but that's the way it is and it does not really affect gameplay. The mesh part of the shoe makes the shoe lighter and very flexible for the foot It also makes the foot have some sort of good ventilation especially when playing on a hot gymnasium. This design is good for sweaty feet. The sole is a one piece sole that is unlike traditional sole design made of gum. I am not sure if Xiom's sole is also made of gum but it seems to have a very grippy sole can even have more grip than its gum sole predecessors like the Kent shoes. The Footwork 18's sole is one of the grippiest I have ever used. I usually play on a smooth concrete playing area of our club and my other gum-soled shoe seems to have lesser grip compared to this. I felt its innovative design and sole composition really has a high impact on its floor grip whether the movement is side to side ot forward and backward. It is also a very light shoe. Some people would say that this shoe seem a bit hard for their foot and they are partially correct in a sense that this shoe was made to have a harder feel like the footwork 17 because this was designed for players of higher levels that needed the shoe not to be mushy or too soft for their foot. In my opinion, this was not designed for overweight people who rely on softer soles to absorb the impact for their knees. If you have a bad knee then I suggest you use the Kent model rather than this. In fairness, it is not too hard unlike those cheap Chinese shoes like dragonfly or double coin shoes.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
With the black bottom, I don’t think they’re allowed in many sport halls. Most of the venues I’ve been to explicitly ban black bottom shoes.

The purpose of these bans is that a lot of shoes leave black marks on the gym floors. I suppose as these shoes are made specifically for indoor use, Xiom had taken care of that and made a non-marking sole...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
I have the older version of Xiom Footwork and thought them to be very underwhelming. The sole is slippery and because it is extending a bit over the edges I would sometimes trip when moving sideways. It gets held together by strings on the side which doesn't provide much support. The insoles were pretty cheap and mine had holes at the toes after not even 6 months.

footworkblue2.jpg