Rasant Grip Replacement

This user has no status.
Once again, this info is invaluable to me - many thanks. Similarly, it sounds like R47 will be a good fit for my my FH but a definite no-no for my BH. I have a sheet of hardly used Evolution El-S to try out and I'm really hoping that'll be a good RG replacement. Unfortunately, I haven't access to any other rubbers to try out so will be checking back regularly here for updates. I'll report back once I've had a session or two which will be in a week or so.

Awesome, looking forward to your review of EL-S.

BTW, I found a blog yesterday with review of all evolution series by a Denmark top 40 player. Not sure if you guys are across this but I found it really interesting

http://blog.tabletennis11.com/tibhar-evolution-series-table-tennis-rubbers-review

According to the blog, EL-P is the closest to Rasant Grip.

This user has no status.
I had a 2 hour session earlier with EL-S on my backhand and a well used sheet of rasant grip.on my forehand. Both rubbers played very similarly and I didn't feel that I needed any time to adjust at all. The only noticeable difference between the 2 sheets was that the EL-S had more grip but this is most likely down to the fact that my RG is well used. I also flipped the bat and played for a short while with EL-S on my forehand. Here, once again I immediately noticed the similarity between the 2 rubbers - even down to occasionally wanting a little more pace on my attacking loops.

Consequently, I recommend EL-S as an excellent substitute for Rasant Grip. If you do get to try it out then I'd be very interested to read your opinion.

Reactions: Vikkutt
This user has no status.
Alright, back to this group for suggestion.

I tried mx-p instead of EL-S and I am very happy with it. Only thing is it has made my bat "very heavy".

Has anyone felt Mx-p to be quiet heavy has well? or its just me?

how is EL-S compared to MX-P in terms of heaviness?

I had a 2 hour session earlier with EL-S on my backhand and a well used sheet of rasant grip.on my forehand. Both rubbers played very similarly and I didn't feel that I needed any time to adjust at all. The only noticeable difference between the 2 sheets was that the EL-S had more grip but this is most likely down to the fact that my RG is well used. I also flipped the bat and played for a short while with EL-S on my forehand. Here, once again I immediately noticed the similarity between the 2 rubbers - even down to occasionally wanting a little more pace on my attacking loops.

Consequently, I recommend EL-S as an excellent substitute for Rasant Grip. If you do get to try it out then I'd be very interested to read your opinion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
What about the new Hexer Grip? Isn't that a 1:1 replacement?

https://www.andro.de/produkte/belaege/hexer-grip/

Well, i did not yet have the chance to give it a try, but Hexer seems to be following that same concept as Rasant used to and also comes in Hexer "Grip" and a Hexer "Powergrip" version. But altough both Datasheets seem to be pretty close i wouldn´t call them a 1:1 replacement.

Datasheet Rasant Grip:
Tempo 113
Effet 116
Control 82
Sponge: medium

Datasheet Hexer Grip:
Tempo:111
Effet:123
Control: 95
Sponge: medium

Maybe keep in mind that these are only numbers. While playing you might find out that both rubbers have more in common than these numbers may suggest.

On the other hand there are still shops that have the Rasant Grip on stock, but maybe not all colours are thicknesses might be available, so it could be worth asking.

https://www.tt-megastore.de/andro-rasant-grip.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Vikkutt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Reactions: Vikkutt and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I am big fan of RG but this rubber has one of the biggest cons ever. If you sweat a lot, the rubber will have white stain and it will looks terrible and will play terrible....
Throw is medium low. I think the closest rubber to RG would be Joola Maxxxx P

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
what type of blade will be good for RG?
Treiber Q weird
Treiber Z too spinny too bouncy too crazy
Treiber K too soft
Imperial Allround Sensor problems with high throw :)v)

I will buy propably 30 sheets of RG so I need something good...