Xiom Omega VII Euro and Pro Rubber Review!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey TTD!

Here's our latest review on the Omega VII Euro and Pro rubbers by Xiom. In the review we compared the new Omega VII to the previous Omega V versions. In the review we used the Xiom Feel ZX2 blades.

More reviews of the rubbers in the TTD Review Centre:
Omega VII Euro
Omega VII Pro

Have you, or do you use these rubbers? Any questions, leave below guys :)

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hey TTD!

Here's our latest review on the Omega VII Euro and Pro rubbers by Xiom. In the review we compared the new Omega VII to the previous Omega V versions. In the review we used the Xiom Feel ZX2 blades.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Dan and Tom hit this well in matchplay before. Sharp stuff! Wow.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
Dan: thanks for your reviews.

One suggestion: could you please review the rubbers on your native blade (Timo Boll ALC or whatever it is). That way, we would get better idea of true spin, pace, feel and control of the rubber. From what I know of the Xiom Feel ZX2, it is VERY different from the standard Viscaria / Timo Boll ALC blades in that (a) it is of an innerforce structure, (b) the outer ply is very different, (c) Zephyllium Carbon is quite different from ALC fiber, (d) 2nd wood ply is different, (e) blade thickness is quite different.

Love your reviews, in general. Keep them coming!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 1 reviews
yeah wondering this as well. If you always try rubbers with a different blade, how do you actually judge the rubber given that you don't know the blades very well?

Wouldnt it make a lot more sense to test a rubber with the blades you actually play?

I think on a part of dan's review he was wondering why his loops are not that spinny. It was because the omega vii pro needs to have sponge engagement more to have good spin instead of brushing it thinly with the topsheet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Wouldnt it make a lot more sense to test a rubber with the blades you actually play?

I think these are more advertisements than reviews now. Usually washes to the same thing--wow I'm getting a lot of speed and power but also a lot of control. Spin and speed improve with each generation. The harder rubber is faster and less controlled, it's easier to end the point with but you need better technique. The softer rubber is slower but has additional dwell time that allows more spin and safety in the shot. Usually no cross manufacturer comparisons or anything too negative or critical.

So I just enjoy watching them play and banter about table tennis! It's very encouraging when people are successful in making table tennis content and I hope we see more and more available. Some really nice rallies in this one and the "have some of that" suggestion at 2:26 had me laughing!

This user has no status.
yeah wondering this as well. If you always try rubbers with a different blade, how do you actually judge the rubber given that you don't know the blades very well?

before they upload a new review they already played the new stuff for several weeks

says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
I have played the Omega VII Pro 2.0mm and the Vega Pro MAX on my Vega Tour blade.

The Omega plays significantly harder than the Vega and is also alot faster. Short game play requires a good touch, as the catapult is immediatly active. Loops have a lower arc and get longer, which is an issue if trying to play parallel.

Active blocks get fast and low, making them a weapon. Passiv blocks are difficult again, because of the catapult.

In general it was a bit more difficult to generate spin. I get more spin out of the Vega Pro, but that might be because of MAX vs. 2.0mm sponge. I only played with celluloid balls, no plastic yet. I don't expect it to handle that much differently, but will give it try in summer again, when our club chooses the plastic setup for next match season.

To be very clear. The Omega VII Pro is top notch rubber, with excellent control and alot of speed. For people that prefer loop/drive this is a rubber to try. The rubber has less weight, which makes it a choice for people that are sensitive to head heavy blades.

For those that tried the Vega Pro and found it to be not dynmic enough, this might be an alternative to look at.

Directly compared to the new Vega Tour rubber, I must admit, I like the Vega Tour a tad more.

Last edited:
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
It is not hard to generate spin with the omega vii pro. The vega pro spins easier if you brush the ball more, the omega vii pro spins better if you hit through the sponge and brush the ball.

Hi Yogi, does that means that it is difficult to put spin on serve when serving with O7P?

Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
Hi yogi_bear... I must admit that this was not precise in my sentence. I meant to say it is in general hard for ME to generate spin with O7P. With my technique it was difficult, because I'm playing the VEGA PRO since years now. I will see if your suggestion works and try to hit through the ball...

But the question regarding serve stays. If you need a totally different technique to generate good spin during serve, that means a lot of practice hours again ;)

I got gour point and it is a matter of stroke, contact and preference. I liked the omega vii pro better in my backhand than the forehand while i like the vega tour as a forehand rubber because it is harder and i can brush better. With the omega vii pro i had to dig into the sponge which of course has a different style of contact.

This user has no status.
I am really curious about "unbelievably forgiving" statement about these rubbers that I see on the banner and would kindly ask if someone could compare control and "forgiveness" of Omega VII compared to Tibhar Genius (or similar "older" tensor) I currently use.

I love Genius but I don't still have technical ability to fully control it and its reactivity to spin leads to many unforced errors on my side, especially on blocks and serve receives and I wonder if Omega VII would make my life a bit easier by being more forgiving, tolerant to non optimal angles and contact?

I must admit that I am a bit confused about how can a fast and bouncy rubber be advertised as "unbelievably forgiving" so would really appreciate any help and opinion on the matter, thanks.

This user has no status.
i think with the forgiveness they mean the difference in the arc the new series can make. the arc created leads or should at least to a higher table hitting percentage. more curve makes it safer for you, gives the player more confidence in committing fully to the strokes. eliminates hesitation and results in an overall more powerful play because of that.
in the presentation there must be something about the difference about the arc. maybe it helps you to look that up.