Stiga Clipper or Newer Stiga blades (Eterntiy VPS or Intesity etc) or YEO

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Stiga Clipper or YEO or some of the newer stiga blades

Hi Everyone, I was just wondering the main difference between all the different clippers (CR, CR WRB, WRB, CC, Normal) And How they compare with the YEO and some of the newer blades like the Eternity VPS V or the Infinity VPS V or the Intensity NCT?
I am an aggressive looper who does a lot of flicks and likes to stay close to the table. Which blade fits this style of play best? I will probably be pairing it with the Hurricane 3 Neo or Tibhar Evolution ELS/MXP.
Thx

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
All the blades you are talking about are good. Clipper is a 7mm thick 7 ply blade so it is thicker than the 5 ply blades. The 5 ply Stiga blades you have mentioned have had hardening substances added to the wood in different ways to make the blades play more like the speed of a 7 ply blade.

Clipper is the simplest of the blades. But in some ways the best for offensive play. As long as you can handle a blade that weighs in the 90-98 gram range. When a Clipper is lighter than 90 grams it often feels worse, un-alive.

Clipper Wood or Clipper Classic is untreated.

Clipper CR has a UV light treatment that hardens the top ply to make it "faster".

WRB means that they have hollowed the handle even more than normal and there are clear lenses so you can see the hollow space in the handle.

CR + WRB just means the two processes described above combined.

I feel like the Classic Clipper is the best version. Without the CR treatment it has more dwell time and gives you more spin. But they are really very close to the same.

WRB makes the blade feel pretty head heavy and I personally like a more center balanced blade. But everyone likes something different. WRB also makes the blade more delicate and easier to break.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
How does it compare with the YEO?

I haven't tried a YEO in years but it was not a blade I really liked. It was too hard for me. Sweden Extra I like a lot more than the Extra Offensive.

But I really feel that if you have something decent--and all the companies make blades that are quite good--then it is really just a matter of training, of doing the work, and having fun while playing that gets you to improve. The equipment is nowhere near as important as the quality of practice. So many people on the forum focus on equipment a bit more than is worth their while.

Last edited: