Tips for this grip.

This user has no status.
Hi all, I started playing table tennis 2 years ago. And 15 years old now. I found something that I need answers :
When I try to loop with a backspin ball with a loose grip, It will be harder and inconsistent.
But when I grip ( using my middle, ring, pinky ) finger hard, with a loose arm swing, it gets easier and more consistent. Should I stay with this grip and improve with it or there is something wrong?

I am planning to buy new blades and rubbers for the next two days : I need suggestion for my type of grip. Thanks all.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have heard lots of stuff about grip. I spend a while messing with my grip. Maybe try and do what comes naturally while your arm is relaxed. Or, said differently, do what works for you and don't overthink the subject. :)

As you develop, your grip will naturally adjust to different shots unless you try to lock it into one way. Different shots need different adjustments to grip. But your body will know what to do. And if you try to do that from your head, it will probably block the process. :)

Reactions: Andy44
This user has no status.
I have heard lots of stuff about grip. I spend a while messing with my grip. Maybe try and do what comes naturally while your arm is relaxed. Or, said differently, do what works for you and don't overthink the subject. :)

As you develop, your grip will naturally adjust to different shots unless you try to lock it into one way. Different shots need different adjustments to grip. But your body will know what to do. And if you try to do that from your head, it will probably block the process. :)

Since I feel comfortable with the strong grip hold. What should I pick for my rubbers? Some say Chinese rubbers ( DHS ) and Tenergy are both very different style. What do you advice? I wanted to pick Tenergy 05 for my FH and DHS Hurricane 8 For my BH. Do you have any advice on what should I choose?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Since I feel comfortable with the strong grip hold. What should I pick for my rubbers? Some say Chinese rubbers ( DHS ) and Tenergy are both very different style. What do you advice? I wanted to pick Tenergy 05 for my FH and DHS Hurricane 8 For my BH. Do you have any advice on what should I choose?

What rubber are you using? Why would you need to change rubber?

I don't think you want H8 on BH. There are soft versions of H3 that can be used for BH. But, in general, hard tacky rubber is to so good for BH. You need a giant stroke with lots of power behind it to get something useful from hard tacky rubber. That is not a BH stroke.

But, if you are using rubbers that work for you, I doubt there is a reason to change equipment.

This user has no status.
What rubber are you using? Why would you need to change rubber?

I don't think you want H8 on BH. There are soft versions of H3 that can be used for BH. But, in general, hard tacky rubber is to so good for BH. You need a giant stroke with lots of power behind it to get something useful from hard tacky rubber. That is not a BH stroke.

But, if you are using rubbers that work for you, I doubt there is a reason to change equipment.

You mean I need a giant BH Stroke to use a H8 rubber? If so, with a not-so-strong bh stroke, what should I use for my BH? I need to change rubbers because I used them already like a year, so you dont get the feel of the rubber anymore.
FH : Donic Acuda S1
BH : Donic Blues (something).\
I need suggestions from you for my type of grip, which is like the Acuda S1. Is Tenergy a suitable replacement for that rubber? I mean the rubber type that is suitable for my grip.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Rubber that is as hard as most DHS rubbers are very hard to use on BH.

If your rubbers are worn out, is there a reason you are not getting the same rubbers again? Or is it that you just want to try something else?

There are so many rubbers that would be fine. Usually it is not recommended to change from one rubber to a rubber that is a completely different kind of rubber.

For instance, people who use Tacky Chinese rubbers who try to switch to tensor type rubbers, that is a hard shift. Same thing the other way (tensor to tacky).

But tacky rubbers don’t generally work that well for small strokes like a BH stroke.

But you were using tensors. And there are 100s of tensor type rubbers that would probably be fine for you.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo