World's first? - Inner Textreme blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Hey Alan (and others),

I am REALLY interested in using Innegra S fibers and it's been nearly impossible for me to find it in a low weight (GSM) when mixed with carbon fibers. I can get pure Innegra S in a bunch of weights, but it would have tons of vibration reducing effects, but no stiffness. I see that Textreme makes a blend that would work (textreme 1162), but it's a little more than I want to spend for something just to test. Have you tried anything with Innegra S?

hey Nate
I've looked at it several times but never tried innegra. I think sometimes you just have go for it, whatever the price! I've just bought some WRC which was much more expensive than ayous or Kiri but I'm really excited to try it. Chris Fagyal knows his carbon hybrids and as has used many different ones so may be able to make a suggestion or two. What I do know is that I like textreme, I think it works really well it offers great control and a nice crisp feel.

Reactions: Nate4s
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Hey Alan (and others),

I am REALLY interested in using Innegra S fibers and it's been nearly impossible for me to find it in a low weight (GSM) when mixed with carbon fibers. I can get pure Innegra S in a bunch of weights, but it would have tons of vibration reducing effects, but no stiffness. I see that Textreme makes a blend that would work (textreme 1162), but it's a little more than I want to spend for something just to test. Have you tried anything with Innegra S?

Nate I just bought two different innegra hybrids....textreme innegra, and another, both off composite envisions. I plan to try one of them shortly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
How much is textreme per square meter?

The fiber I'm interested in comes to $75 per square meter, including shipping. In the grand scheme of things, that's not too expensive when you consider the price of a single carbon blade. The issue is, when you start acquiring such a wide variety of materials for blade building, you end up sitting on a lot of material you may never use again.

Reactions: GinjaNinja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
The fiber I'm interested in comes to $75 per square meter, including shipping. In the grand scheme of things, that's not too expensive when you consider the price of a single carbon blade. The issue is, when you start acquiring such a wide variety of materials for blade building, you end up sitting on a lot of material you may never use again.

This is a good point but over time I find it does get used. Perhaps make a couple to sell to cover your costs? Another idea would be to swap materials with other blademakers. I'm keen on doing this, I recently swapped some textreme for ALC with another blade maker on the forum.

Reactions: Nate4s