anyone used battle 2 prov player version aka blue sponge

Lol, the B2 Pro's I've used were difficult to control already, with no boosting. Except perhaps in the beginning, when I tried 38 degree rubber on my backhand I I could hit hard from close to the table, as the rubber wasn't broken in yet. And, excellent level of brushing was necessary to get any spin off the rubber, lol. Well, I am sure now that I should have boosted the hell of it, to bring the sponge to life ;)

I wont call it 'difficult to control'. It may be your technique that's lacking?
Also if you can't control unboosted version 38 degree, dont bother boosting it because it reduces the control even more.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls
Alright, my H3 Neo, even when I boost the devil out of it, it so pleasant to control. Not as easy to play as, say, MX-P, but rewarding the effort so much! I can just compare the serves.. So spinny with H3 Neo, usinf just a topsheet or also when engaging a sponge. B2 Provincial? Wonderful spin when just slightly brushing with a topsheet, but the spin goes away when the sponge is used..

This user has no status.
Last edited:
Alright, my H3 Neo, even when I boost the devil out of it, it so pleasant to control. Not as easy to play as, say, MX-P, but rewarding the effort so much! I can just compare the serves.. So spinny with H3 Neo, usinf just a topsheet or also when engaging a sponge. B2 Provincial? Wonderful spin when just slightly brushing with a topsheet, but the spin goes away when the sponge is used..

So I've boosted the B2 for both Bh and Fh with some thick.layers of Haifu booster, and voilà, that's another story! So, all you guys praising the qualities of B2 Pro, you seem too shy to admit you boost regularly, aren't you? ;)

I am curious to see if the rubbers turn into unplayable again after the booster wears off.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
I'm sure that 90% of people who use chinese rubbers boost them. I'm playing with B2 regular and will switch to B2 Pro boosted. You can always reboost the rubbers when it wears off. I hear that B2 is better than H3 for reboosting because the top sheet is more durable.

I'm sure that 90% of people who use chinese rubbers boost them. I'm playing with B2 regular and will switch to B2 Pro boosted. You can always reboost the rubbers when it wears off. I hear that B2 is better than H3 for reboosting because the top sheet is more durable.

Yes, it might be it. It's a firmer topsheet than the one on H3, and it seems to hold the sponge well with whatever gluing they use.

I believe they mostly boost these rubbers, but I know players who use unboosted Chinese rubbers and they can get speed and tremendous spin out of them. However, this is just impossible with B2 Provincial, I swear on it. Even when I did a simple bounce test, including spinning a ball on my bat with unboosted rubbers, it was obvious something is not right - a thin contact produced a lot of spin, but bouncing the ball more, thus activating the sponge, was almost nullifying any spin I was trying to make! Something I have not seen before with any rubber I tried.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019

can you link that boosted b2? do you think blue sponge one?

This user has no status.
unpopular opinion here,maybe you can try boosting B2 with baby oil instead of haifu..i used h3 and b2 on fh switching back and forth..h3 boosted with haifu is wonderful no doubt about it..but with b2 i found it better with baby oil..maybe haifu is too harsh on b2 sponge..i boosted my 38 b2 pro orange sponge with haifu one layer and it becomes too mushy and loses its speed. yeah,so mybe others can try with baby oil and share their results