anyone used battle 2 prov player version aka blue sponge

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Battle II compared to Hurricane 3 is overall better in every respect

But I am also intrigued about the provincial versions. This guy has been using and enjoying them and I wonder if I should splurge the 30 ... Maybe when my current sheets die, but that doesn't really seem to happen with this rubber. Since I don't boost it, it just gets BETTER over time :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Owning the normal version I'm not really sure why would I want the Provincial version. What can it give me more than I already have?
What do You expect to gain from such a change? (cause I literally love everything about the normal Battle 2)

says sorry i mean on skin
Feb 2018
provincial for me improves in all areas of what the normal one does, the top sheet is a higher quality and lasts alot longer then the normal one top sheet wise and a hell of alot easier to hit through then the normal one and alot more forgivining then hurricane 3
i decided to get the bs version coz its like the bs is to orange in hurricane pro tt said.
Battle 2 prov is a more factory boosted rubber then hurricane iv found only thing hurricane has over it is the arc and more spin in the neo h3 BS and the slider service and less tacky there is probably other stuff but just my learning been ages since iv used Neo hurricane 3 bs or orange

this is the orange one im using atm http://www.prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=ProBattleII 39 degree

but all in all both have pros and cons
for me its alot cheaper option for basically the sameish thing

Last edited:
Feb 2018
After using the BS version for 2 sessions 729 keep gettings better the arc is alot again from the orange one the spin is like 10-20% more then orange , the service is stronger harder for people to lift and eaiser to do fast balls , the push is alot better then before , the angles are more acute , it grips the ball better , the throw angle is higher so its easier to lift balls e.g chopper , feels more alive then the orange , fixes the hardness issue feels like 39.5. if i were to use the Prov BS neo h3 id use this instead everything is just easier

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
After using the BS version for 2 sessions 729 keep gettings better the arc is alot again from the orange one the spin is like 10-20% more then orange , the service is stronger harder for people to lift and eaiser to do fast balls , the push is alot better then before , the angles are more acute , it grips the ball better , the throw angle is higher so its easier to lift balls e.g chopper , feels more alive then the orange , fixes the hardness issue feels like 39.5. if i were to use the Prov BS neo h3 id use this instead everything is just easier

Hello,

May I know where did you buy the BS version

thanks

This user has no status.
We bought Battle 2 with a blue sponge in hardness 38 and 40.
I've played twice and I can say it's the best rubber in Battle 2.
For fans of Friendship 729 Battle 2 with a blue sponge we provide a separate contribution.
It is definitely the fastest gum Battle 2.

friendship-battle-2-blue-sponge.jpg

Attachments

• friendship-729-battle-2-blue-sponge.jpg
    friendship-729-battle-2-blue-sponge.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 2,404
Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
ACCESIBLE TO DEGRADATION BADLY..

National version blue sponge is soaked in petroleum oils and is liable for progressive degradation (ozone oxidation) with time.
NBS is specifically designed for professional use and only keeps up for a week use.. It needs to be re-boosted after a week play,

This user has no status.
We bought Battle 2 with a blue sponge in hardness 38 and 40.
I've played twice and I can say it's the best rubber in Battle 2.
For fans of Friendship 729 Battle 2 with a blue sponge we provide a separate contribution.
It is definitely the fastest gum Battle 2.

View attachment 19959

red is better

I've been trying orange and blue sponge versions, and I am finding them both extremely difficult to produce spin. It seems to me that the topsheet is very hard, and doesn't cooperate well with the sponge.. Unless I brush the ball very well with the topsheet, I can't seem to get almost any spin on loops, it is beyond frustrating.. When using a carbon blade with koto top ply, it is a breeze for my opponent to block my loops, something I haven't seen before, eh.. I tried my old used H3 Neo sheet, and it is much, much better in spin generation.
I also tried a softer B2 version on my backhand. It should work well, as I have a good brushing technique, but as the rubber broke in and became faster, my backhand was terrible! I had a worn-out, nearly dead European sponge rubber there before, and I could play much better with it.

Do I have to heavily boost B2 Pro to get it to spin well when hitting harder? Because I just don't know what's wrong.

This user has no status.
I'd stick with H3. Honestly the price aren't even that different. There's a reason why H3 is more popular because it has been simply proven again and again that it is a spin monster.

only problem with h3 it dies too easy aka starts skidding and yes ofc it is the spin king

This user has no status.
[QUOTE = 729B2zzzz; 230336] http://www.prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=ProvincialBattle2
iv been using the orange version and happy with it but i do wonder if its like the hurricane orange and blue ?

so has anyone had a chance to use this version? [/ QUOTE]

Battle 2 with an orange sponge has a more sticky top sheet.
The orange sponge is slightly more elastic.
Battle 2 with a blue sponge in hardness 38 and 39 is excellent for looping.
It plays perfectly close to the table as well as from a medium distance.
I recommend using a quick blade such as Fang Bo B2X or Hurricane Long 5X.
Then it's a gaming experience.

Last edited: