anyone used battle 2 prov player version aka blue sponge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Not in my experience. H3 has been very durable.

in my experience blue sponge hurricanes were always bad for my pocket(bubbles on rubber come very quickly).
I used orange sponge because it lasted longer but even that rubbers changed quality year ago.
After last orange hurricane that lasted only 5 training sessions I switched to Battle2 because it is too expensive for me to change 60$ rubber so often.

Most of battle 2 that I bought lasted for about 2-3 months, only one rubber was defective.
I use orange sponge 40 degrees because blue one has really low trow and less rotation.
Tried 39 and 40 both orange and blue, for orange on my blade is better 40, for blue 39.

Hurricane 3 Neo, orange sponge, national, bubbles after only 5 training sessions:

Battle2 boosting:

Defected Battle2, orange 39, 22$:

Last edited:
[QUOTE = 729B2zzzz; 230336] http://www.prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=ProvincialBattle2
iv been using the orange version and happy with it but i do wonder if its like the hurricane orange and blue ?

so has anyone had a chance to use this version? [/ QUOTE]

Battle 2 with an orange sponge has a more sticky top sheet.
The orange sponge is slightly more elastic.
Battle 2 with a blue sponge in hardness 38 and 39 is excellent for looping.
It plays perfectly close to the table as well as from a medium distance.
I recommend using a quick blade such as Fang Bo B2X or Hurricane Long 5X.
Then it's a gaming experience.

Now this looks like a really 'unbiased' info from a 729 rubber seller..

in my experience blue sponge hurricanes were always bad for my pocket(bubbles on rubber come very quickly).
I used orange sponge because it lasted longer but even that rubbers changed quality year ago.
After last orange hurricane that lasted only 5 training sessions I switched to Battle2 because it is too expensive for me to change 60$ rubber so often.

Most of battle 2 that I bought lasted for about 2-3 months, only one rubber was defective.
I use orange sponge 40 degrees because blue one has really low trow and less rotation.
Tried 39 and 40 both orange and blue, for orange on my blade is better 40, for blue 39.

Hurricane 3 Neo, orange sponge, national, bubbles after only 5 training sessions:

Battle2 boosting:

Defected Battle2, orange 39, 22$:

How do you compare the Hurricanes with Battle 2 Prov. you've used? I've used orange and blue sponge B2, and I've had a huge problem spinning the ball especially with the bs version, but also the os version was difficult to use. Difficult to serve with spin, difficult to loop with enough spin, counterloops with little spin etc., unless I played a top notch quality stroke from a good position. And I heard people saying it is more forgiving than H3? How come? Maybe it needs serious boosting before using..?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
In my experience when i boost B2 there is little less speed and spin in Battle2 than Hurricane, I will survive that difference for this prices of B2.
Also I don't worry any more when I play matches like with hurricane, always problems when during official match I get bubbles on rubber, really shitty situation

Without boosting B2 is dead, this is not "neo" stile rubber so booster is must for me

Last edited:
In my experience when i boost B2 there is little less speed and spin in Battle2 than Hurricane, I will survive that difference for this prices of B2.
Also I don't worry any more when I play matches like with hurricane, always problems when during official match I get bubbles on rubber, really shitty situation

Without boosting B2 is dead, this is not "neo" stile rubber so booster is must for me

Do you mean B2 Provincial in this case? With 'dead'. do you mean inability to produce spin?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I mean both blue and orange sponge hurricane compared to blue and orange B2
With dead I mean inability to produce anything playable

Last edited:
I mean both blue and orange sponge hurricane compared to blue and orange B2
With dead I mean inability to produce anything playable

Yes, H3 or H3 neo are dead slow and hard to generate power and spin. I am using H3 Neo that was boosted before, but quite long ago, but it's very playable and spinny, compared to B2 Prov. that are much harder to use.

How do you find B2 Prov. rubbers with no boosting?

This user has no status.
How do you compare the Hurricanes with Battle 2 Prov. you've used? I've used orange and blue sponge B2, and I've had a huge problem spinning the ball especially with the bs version, but also the os version was difficult to use. Difficult to serve with spin, difficult to loop with enough spin, counterloops with little spin etc., unless I played a top notch quality stroke from a good position. And I heard people saying it is more forgiving than H3? How come? Maybe it needs serious boosting before using..?

Hurricane 3 has a softer top sheet, making it more susceptible to bubble formation.
Proper rubber boosting is not a simple matter.
Each sponge is different and otherwise behaves after use booster.
There really is true that less is more.
Spin:
Topspin has quite a lot of forms.
Each topspin has a different rotation depending on how it is played.
My subjective opinion is:
The difference in rotation between the orange and blue sponge in Battle 2 is indistinguishable.
Small differences are in:
service
receiving service
and a little blocking
Battle 2 has a less challenging body dynamics game than Hurricane 3.
Personally, I consider a better Battle 2 with blue sponge for kontratopspin.

This user has no status.
Just a little note:
It never happened to me that the top sheet was peeled off after using a booster.
Maybe it was a manufacturing defect.

Hurricane 3 has a softer top sheet, making it more susceptible to bubble formation.
Proper rubber boosting is not a simple matter.
Each sponge is different and otherwise behaves after use booster.
There really is true that less is more.
Spin:
Topspin has quite a lot of forms.

Each topspin has a different rotation depending on how it is played.
My subjective opinion is:
The difference in rotation between the orange and blue sponge in Battle 2 is indistinguishable.
Small differences are in:
service
receiving service
and a little blocking
Battle 2 has a less challenging body dynamics game than Hurricane 3.
Personally, I consider a better Battle 2 with blue sponge for kontratopspin.

My experience is different from this one. In terms of 'body dynamics', especially B2 BS is very challenging
, at least when unboosted - I haven't tried boosting it, as it is pretty fast already. However, I find the speed to spin ratio just terrible. I know how to Chinese-brush the ball, and I get fantastic results using H3 Neo when brush looping, compared to B2 BS.

The only topspin where I get a lot of spin, is the one where I am looping slow balls, backspin or weak blocks, and that's when I go for spin, so the loop is slow and well placed. When I go for power, the spin is just not there, and the throw is extremely low! This is absolutely not the case with H3 Neo I have. I still need to be in position and play actively, otherwise the rubber punishes me, but it is just so much better, and like Ihave stated somewhere already, this H3 Neo is not boosted, it has been boosted time ago. Perhaps it is a very good piece from a manufacture batch, but still, I would expect Battle II Provincial to perform much better.

And perhaps I got wrong pieces from B2 manuf. batch.. ? Although I got 4 rubbers, and they all seem to have the same problem. It seems to me that the tospheet does not work well with sponge.. light contact brushes produce massive spin, but as the sponge gets engaged more, it negates the spin from topsheet. Close to the table counters feel almost like smashing the ball back, with extremely low throw, like the ball wasn't lifted at all.

Just a little note:
It never happened to me that the top sheet was peeled off after using a booster.
Maybe it was a manufacturing defect.

With DHS rubbers, this happens a lot. It happened to me on a sheet I never boosted, too. A booster oil makes it more likely, as it reacts with a glue that holds topsheet and sponge together. DHS and their quality control are rather infamous in this matter.

I heard that this is extremely rare with the 729 rubbers like B2.

This user has no status.
With DHS rubbers, this happens a lot. It happened to me on a sheet I never boosted, too. A booster oil makes it more likely, as it reacts with a glue that holds topsheet and sponge together. DHS and their quality control are rather infamous in this matter.

I heard that this is extremely rare with the 729 rubbers like B2.

Yes, Hurricane 3 rubbers are much more susceptible to bubbles.
Since I have the possibility and it is necessary to test different rubbers, I try their limits.

That is the right observation.
Tpospin against back spin has a high spin.
With fast topspin, the spin on each rubber is lost.
Every rubber has its limits.
The ideal combination of blade and rubber is not easy at all.

Indeed, there are topspin techniques able to impart more spin on the ball than the others. However, I tried many different rubbers in the past, and with B2, I see this being the most extreme of them all.. For example, a Battle 2 Commercial version is way better, too.

I should probably really boost the hell out of these rubbers and try the again; perhaps then they can show their real potential.

This user has no status.
Indeed, there are topspin techniques able to impart more spin on the ball than the others. However, I tried many different rubbers in the past, and with B2, I see this being the most extreme of them all.. For example, a Battle 2 Commercial version is way better, too.

I should probably really boost the hell out of these rubbers and try the again; perhaps then they can show their real potential.

I mean for myself:
Since I test rubbers, I initially have a problem changing the technique for specific rubber.
Then I find out what technique produces the greatest potential.
I have to go test.
So again ever

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Can people who have used H3 NEO provincial and B2 provincial compare the two? Is H3 so much better, or is B2 a better purchase given its price?

H3 is definitely spinnier and the sponge is more lively. Because if this, h3 has higher throw than B2. B2 felt more direct compared to H3.
So far, I have used 2 sheets of B2 prov orange sponge and they're very durable. More durable than H3. I take them off every 2 weeks to reglue them using speed glue and there's no bubble/rubber peeled off from sponge. With H3, I have bad experience from bubble/rubber peeled off from sponge so many times. I always changed my H3 not due to the rubber wearing out, but because it's broken from bubbling/peeling off.

Also a little tip: if you want to your shot to be more lively, you need to boost/speed glue the rubber, to the point that you can see the pimple structure like hartty's post above. However it will be more difficult to control, and you need to brush excellently

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19958&stc=1&d=1571378646

H3 is definitely spinnier and the sponge is more lively. Because if this, h3 has higher throw than B2. B2 felt more direct compared to H3.
So far, I have used 2 sheets of B2 prov orange sponge and they're very durable. More durable than H3. I take them off every 2 weeks to reglue them using speed glue and there's no bubble/rubber peeled off from sponge. With H3, I have bad experience from bubble/rubber peeled off from sponge so many times. I always changed my H3 not due to the rubber wearing out, but because it's broken from bubbling/peeling off.

Also a little tip: if you want to your shot to be more lively, you need to boost/speed glue the rubber, to the point that you can see the pimple structure like hartty's post above. However it will be more difficult to control, and you need to brush excellently

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19958&stc=1&d=1571378646

Lol, the B2 Pro's I've used were difficult to control already, with no boosting. Except perhaps in the beginning, when I tried 38 degree rubber on my backhand I I could hit hard from close to the table, as the rubber wasn't broken in yet. And, excellent level of brushing was necessary to get any spin off the rubber, lol. Well, I am sure now that I should have boosted the hell of it, to bring the sponge to life ;)