Paraffin oil vs baby oil for boosting

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Hi all, I've been looking into boosting recently as I use H3 neo but have never used it boosted. As I was researching I came across others using baby oil and paraffin oil and find it an interesting alternative to commercial boosters. I have several questions about them listed below:

1. How long does paraffin oil last vs baby oil (and do they both last longer than normal boosters)?

2. What's the difference in actual play with paraffin vs baby oil? (speed, spin, control, etc.)

3. What's the exact process for applying the oils? (I've seen a lot of different methods and it doesn't seem the same as normal boosters, but also no one method seems the same so a dummy's guide would be great)

4. What degree of H3 neo is best for these oils? (Since it supposedly makes the sponge softer would 39 degrees make it too soft or would 41 degrees still be too hard etc)

5. What glue would you recommend for gluing the rubber? Since my blade isn't lacquered (and I don't want to lacquer it because people say it makes some rubbers not stick on properly), a glue that doesn't damage the blade when you remove it to reglue rubbers would be ideal. Also it seems some glues are better while boosting than others?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hi all, I've been looking into boosting recently as I use H3 neo but have never used it boosted. As I was researching I came across others using baby oil and paraffin oil and find it an interesting alternative to commercial boosters. I have several questions about them listed below:

1. How long does paraffin oil last vs baby oil (and do they both last longer than normal boosters)?

2. What's the difference in actual play with paraffin vs baby oil? (speed, spin, control, etc.)

3. What's the exact process for applying the oils? (I've seen a lot of different methods and it doesn't seem the same as normal boosters, but also no one method seems the same so a dummy's guide would be great)

4. What degree of H3 neo is best for these oils? (Since it supposedly makes the sponge softer would 39 degrees make it too soft or would 41 degrees still be too hard etc)

5. What glue would you recommend for gluing the rubber? Since my blade isn't lacquered (and I don't want to lacquer it because people say it makes some rubbers not stick on properly), a glue that doesn't damage the blade when you remove it to reglue rubbers would be ideal. Also it seems some glues are better while boosting than others?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks:)

There have been plenty threads on this topic already.
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?14500-boosting-with-sunflower-oil

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...sting-my-H3Neo-with-baby-oil-and-noticed-this

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?11243-What-oils-can-be-used-as-boosters

Take some time and have a read.

Reactions: Dan.1