So bad lose against a veteran player (Match Video) What should I improve?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I have a question. I have a fast setup I know. And if I use it slowly, is it good or bad? A coach said to me, "you have a fast setup. If you fear and don't attack, Your balls will go easy for opponent. You have a setup and you have to use it as strong as possible." Should I attack all balls? I got a blue sponge for forehand and tenergy05 for backhand. It's faster now. How can I use it with this level? I can't get a new setup in these 6 months.

Personally i think that off- all wood blades are the way to go for developing players. They a) are lighter, so you swing with them and recover faster b)have enough control to be able to attack confidently, and you will have enough power in the forehand. In 6 months you could buy cYinhe W6(40 US DOllars), Primorac(75 Dollars), Hurricane King 1/2(130, my favourite, could be because it was the most expensive), rcheap blades such as Sanwei M8(13 dollars), and i have heard great things about the Galaxy MC-2(20 Dollars) etc.
.I am assuming that you had a blade before the Long 5 which was slower, so maybe just use that.
If you use a Hurricane on the forehand then as long as you have enough power it should be fine, and you could put literally any Euro/Japanese rubber on the backhand and it should be fine. Rubbers do not matter that much, the blade is more important. But your current setup is definitively too fast, and i suspect to heavy.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I would forget about changing equipment.
I agree with those that say you have no 'game plan'.
I don't think this term is correct but I see no evidence of setting up a winning kill shot.
In my opinion you don't play aggressive enough.
I agree with the comments about serving.
You lost the first game due to 2 bad serves.
Serving is more than just getting the ball into play.
It is you first chance to hit a winner.
It also can be used to setup a third ball attack,
Equipment will make no difference. An aggressive attitude and confidence to execute it will.

I like angle shots when the opponent is back. They don't need to be hit hard in fact it is some times best if they aren't hit hard so the opponent but rush forward.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
You're doing well. Three suggestions: (1) Lots of work on a short underspin/no spin serve. Start using it as your primary serve in matches. (2) Work on looping every long push (especially on third or fifth ball attack following your serve), and looping or driving every long serve. (3) Work on more weight transfer on your forehand. Even in warm ups your weight is going from back foot to center rather than all the way through from back foot to front foot, and it's worse in the games.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I used tenergy in my forehand and I can't play effectively with that. Chinese rubbers are more suitable for me I think. And players in Turkey are not using chinese rubber. Maybe 20 or 30 players are using chinese rubbers. So they can't play to my forehand mostly. They are not familiar to chinese rubber players. They say "ball is vibrating while coming to me. I can't play for these balls." It's an advantage I think. And I use Tenergy for my backhand because, using Hurricane 3 for backhand is really hard. It makes higher balls while short rally as you can see. And backhand flicks are harder with that. I improved my control with BH with H3 maybe :D I will use Tenergy 05 tomorrow. I will try it on HL5. I hope it won't be a mega fast setup. I think it will be more consistent for BH.

Hmm, this may be a translation issue but "the ball is vibrating while coming to me. I can't play for these balls" sounds suspiciously like how someone would describe a wobbly spinless ball (especially when moaning about balls returned by LP players).

You are using H3 on FH, not LP, so you should aim to have your FH loops to be very spinny - and not "vibrate/wobble" when coming to your opponents.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I would forget about changing equipment.
I agree with those that say you have no 'game plan'.
I don't think this term is correct but I see no evidence of setting up a winning kill shot.
In my opinion you don't play aggressive enough.
I agree with the comments about serving.
You lost the first game due to 2 bad serves.
Serving is more than just getting the ball into play.
It is you first chance to hit a winner.
It also can be used to setup a third ball attack,
Equipment will make no difference. An aggressive attitude and confidence to execute it will.

I like angle shots when the opponent is back. They don't need to be hit hard in fact it is some times best if they aren't hit hard so the opponent but rush forward.

Respectfully i disagree about changing equipment. As you yourself said he needs to become more aggressive, and having a carbon blade discourages confidence, and weight transfer due to its speed. Furthermore his loops have been described as vibrating, which i take too be flatly hit balls instead of using the sponge and forearm to give spin(for a Chinese technique.). A all wood blade has more flex making it easier to rebound the ball with spin

Serves are definitely the issue as mentioned by almost everyone. Another thing is u need to see how u lost ur points. Just in the first set alone u lost a lot of points by him looping to ur BH. That means u have to work on ur BH blocking/countering to loops that are spinny. About the game plan thing, u need to think about where u serve and what u expect the opponent will react to ur serve and how u shd change it up after they receive the serve, spin and placement obviously need to be taken into account and how u set up a 3rd ball attack is nowhere to be seen but something u should definitely add to your game. regarding ur strokes i think u stand a bit too tall and ur forehand looks weird at times, when u step back and engage in a away from the table play with ur opponent ure way too passive mostly just lobbing and no counter looping as well. u can see all the games lasted not even more than 6 minutes and everything was just so fast u didnt have time to think. So work on ur serves by adding side spin, back spin, etc and mix up the placements, be aggressive on receiving at times with flicks and deep pushes, dont play weak defensive balls by just lobbing half high balls back that have little quality and work on ur forehand stroke to make sure it looks fluid. being a fan of Ma Long like u are, i try to learn how he mixes up placement with serves and receives, just by changing this it can already make u a tougher opponent because u are less predictable. good luck :)

Reactions: ZhouZhekai
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
He's losing there because of the forehand topspin. Serves aren't great but are on par with the opponent so I think it's not the issue specifically here. The difference is that the opponent topspins long balls while Alplay just goes back away from the table and never really topspins (IE with an arc on the ball).

The reason he has to go so far away from the table every point (also not a good thing) is that without an arcing topspin, a powerful stroke will just fly out of the table if you're not already far. It's the biggest problem I think.