Released - DHS D40+ Bi-Color balls from China Super Leagues

mine arrived today, after, my TT training session.....

First visual/touch impression: nice finished surface (even, smooth (not shiny), much nicer than nittaku 40+. The DHS D40+ regular all white has a lightly rough surface. The BiColor DHS D40+ are so nice, I almost don't want to hit with them....

wx_camera_1526765885009.jpg
wx_camera_1526765823273.jpg

The bicolor is in the middle (left is nittaku 40+, right is DHS D40+ regular)

20180519_181928.jpg

I performed a bounce test of the 3, all are the same.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Got my set in. Had a light hit with them at club on Sunday.

Our club uses the DHS D40+ ball as our official club ball. Most people commented on the color as it's weird getting used to seeing orange again. Funny because back in the day, that's what everybody loved. Just goes to show people just prefer what they're use to.

I didn't hit with them extensively enough to give a full review. Only played 2 1/2 hours and sometimes it was with our normal ball. Sometimes it was with these two-toned ones. The good news that I can report is that as far as I can tell, they didn't play any different from the DHS D40+ ball which is about as high of a compliment as I can give.

Pretty pleased with them on first impressions then. Even played a 1v1 match with someone sometimes using our regular club ball and these. Neither one of us cared which ball it was. Didn't seem to effect play.

Honestly outside of the color, I couldn't tell a difference in the balls in how they felt or played.

20180524_164223.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
That is a great news!
Got my set in. Had a light hit with them at club on Sunday.

Our club uses the DHS D40+ ball as our official club ball. Most people commented on the color as it's weird getting used to seeing orange again. Funny because back in the day, that's what everybody loved. Just goes to show people just prefer what they're use to.

I didn't hit with them extensively enough to give a full review. Only played 2 1/2 hours and sometimes it was with our normal ball. Sometimes it was with these two-toned ones. The good news that I can report is that as far as I can tell, they didn't play any different from the DHS D40+ ball which is about as high of a compliment as I can give.

Pretty pleased with them on first impressions then. Even played a 1v1 match with someone sometimes using our regular club ball and these. Neither one of us cared which ball it was. Didn't seem to effect play.

Honestly outside of the color, I couldn't tell a difference in the balls in how they felt or played.

View attachment 16594

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

What is really cool about these bi-colored balls is topspins where the half orange is on one side and half white the other side. We just wanted to hit, and hit, and hit.

I was mesmerized by watching the ball when the colors separated (meaning orange one side, white other side). Really cool.

The ball feels slightly harder than the regular D40+ and yet still plays the same.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
I like the ball for practicing. What I found out was that it is a lot smoother that the other D40+ I got. It’s basically as smooth as a celluloid ball :eek:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
50% orange - that's a huge step towards a full orange ball! An impressive progression, waiting eagerly for the 75% orange ball. Once it is at 99%, the last step is only a few years away (ITTF-approval)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Didn't the ones used by Super League have a think black line between colors? And weren't they a little larger than the 40+?

I thought I remembered that. But perhaps that was only the first year of the poly ball that they did that for Super League.

Are these the playing equivalent of DHS D40+ 3 star balls?

Do you mean like these here?
spinballs_webshop.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
We have played 2 sessions with this CTTA approved DHS 40+ ball. We can't tell any difference with this than the DHS *** D40+ . Bought at Aliexpress for $.79 each for a box of 10, free shipping.

You can't really see the spin on the ball, except very slow balls, we had an observer watching, ball game speed is too fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: suds79
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
So, finally went to post office to pick mine and had one playing session. So my thoughts:

-as everyone mentioned, the quality is good, was really surprised at how "seamless" the seam is
-they are useless if you want their help reading the spin while playing. The spin and speed from regular topspins are just too fast for the eye to pick the speed of rotation. All you can see is less saturated than a regular one orange ball.
-I didn't find them useful also returning my opponents serve. First of all, you watch the opponent's racket movement and then automatically prepare to receive. So there is no time to stare at the ball (at least for me). Also if it's a fast serve you couldn't see anything anyways
-didn't have a service practice, maybe they would excel here. because when have a service practice you don't have to prepare for a third ball attack, you know the type of spin you are imparting, so no need to stare, but still should see the speed of spin and adjust your stroke and contact point to impart the maximum one. Especially if someone is learning a new serve...

Reactions: suds79
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
We have played 2 sessions with this CTTA approved DHS 40+ ball. We can't tell any difference with this than the DHS *** D40+ . Bought at Aliexpress for $.79 each for a box of 10, free shipping.

You can't really see the spin on the ball, except very slow balls, we had an observer watching, ball game speed is too fast.

100% agree and that's my impressions also. It feels just like the normal DHS D40+ ball which is fantastic.

That being said, some older guys, playing pool will often watch my co-worker and I hit when we go over lunch and they said "boy you can see that new ball a lot better". So from an outsider's prospective, I guess it's simply easier to pick up. They definitely liked it more.

Last edited: