TenniRobo - super table tennis robot in compact size

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2021
Hi,

I am a coach from Germany and also a player. I own TenniRobo since 2018. So I think I can give you a good long term review.

All information and reviews you can find on the net are saying the truth. TenniRobo is a very good professional robot. I am also owner of an amicus prime after I sold my amicus professional. So I can compare these 3 robots.

I am using all my robots for my own training and also my students can train with the robots if they want.

Sergey is a very responsible and friendly person and replies to my questions in a fast and helpful way. I also had some trouble with the ball feeding mechanism, but after sending some videos to Sergey and explaining him the problem, he sent me a replacement of ball feeder and also guided me with videos and photos. So I easily replaced the ball feeder. Now it works like a charm. I realy like to play with the robot and all my students like it to. The balls are very realistic and the random functions and also a cycle mode are highly used features.

I have a lot of contact with Sergey and gave him some feature request. All of them are now implemented in App. So you see also after more than 2 years of using TenniRobo I am still very happy and App gets still useful Updates.

At the moment I am planning to create a google sheet, where all TenniRobo users can enter their own shots for a specific position. So we should get a big database with realistic shot configuration. I think later Sergey will implement import/export function, so sharing of shots will be much easier. But if you know how to setup a shot, it is very easy to do so.

I just want to add how I work with TenniRobo:

I set up each basic shot as a single shot to each possible and also realistic position on table. After that in the evening I took my phone (no robot connection is needed) and think about drills I or my students want to play. So I create my drills in freetime by using the saved basic single shots. This saves a lot of time in my club.

All in all I am really really happy with TenniRobo and I am thinking on buying a second one, so that I have one and one I can leave in my club. After two years I can say TenniRobo is the best robot I owned and is way more flexible than others. Also the support and the app is really great.

The only thing I miss, is a ball catching net. I am planning to build a transportable ball catching net.

Thats for now, hope I could help.
I am happy to help or answer questions regarding the robot,
Sorry for my bad english.

says Thank you for the great info! I really appreciate it!!!
Jul 2019
Hi,

This post describes my experience with TenniRobo.
----------------
I wanted to buy a robot for a long time because I felt that I couldn't improve my table tennis skills by doing drills only 2 hours a week.
Therefore, I wanted a robot that can simulate the same drills that I do in my TT club with my trainer.

Because some of these drills include balls in different placements / spins, I needed a robot with very high control and programmability.

After quite a lot of research, the only robots I found that fit my requirements were: Butterfly Amicus and Tennirobo.

I decided to buy the Tennirobo robot, mainly because:
1. Price
In my country, the butterfly Amicus cost is more than 4 times the price of Tennirobo

2. Support - I've heard from Amicus users that fixing the Amicus robot takes a lot of time and money,
and problems in Tennirobo seems much less intimidating because:
  • Tennirobo design is very simple
  • I have access to Sergey - the designer of Tennirobo
  • Sergey assured me that using his guidance, I will be able to fix most of problems I'll encounter myself easily

The only thing that bothered me about Tennirobo is a quite new product without many clients / reviews, but I decided to take the risk.

3 days ago I received my Tennirobo, and I'm quite impressed.
The design looks very simple, yet it has the control and programmabilty that I wanted.

I tested it for 2 hours so far, and everything was working smoothly with high accuracy.
The only bad thing which isnt really that bad is: its not that intuitive to navigate through the app
It took me some time to figure out how it works, but after that I got used to it and it was fine.

I'm very happy with the robot I bought and I can recommend it to other users.
I also recommend to buy a catch net with it. I bought IPONG catch net in 65$ in ebay

Do you still own it? How is your long term experience with it? Thanks!

Jul 2019
I tested the robot yesterday. What a wonderful robot! I did some drills and it worked perfectly. I was impressed by the accuracy of the robot and how it manages to make human-like releases. The ability to produce spin and speed independently is incredible. I was very pleased, I wish I had found the robot before! :)
The design you thought is also fantastic because it seems to me that facilitates any maintenance! Congratulations!
Congratulations on the excellent invention and all your support and service!

Hello, Do you still have TenniRobo? If yes, Do you use it often? How is long term quality and relatability? Thank you!

Jul 2019
Hi,

I am a coach from Germany and also a player. I own TenniRobo since 2018. So I think I can give you a good long term review.

All information and reviews you can find on the net are saying the truth. TenniRobo is a very good professional robot. I am also owner of an amicus prime after I sold my amicus professional. So I can compare these 3 robots.

I am using all my robots for my own training and also my students can train with the robots if they want.

Sergey is a very responsible and friendly person and replies to my questions in a fast and helpful way. I also had some trouble with the ball feeding mechanism, but after sending some videos to Sergey and explaining him the problem, he sent me a replacement of ball feeder and also guided me with videos and photos. So I easily replaced the ball feeder. Now it works like a charm. I realy like to play with the robot and all my students like it to. The balls are very realistic and the random functions and also a cycle mode are highly used features.

I have a lot of contact with Sergey and gave him some feature request. All of them are now implemented in App. So you see also after more than 2 years of using TenniRobo I am still very happy and App gets still useful Updates.

At the moment I am planning to create a google sheet, where all TenniRobo users can enter their own shots for a specific position. So we should get a big database with realistic shot configuration. I think later Sergey will implement import/export function, so sharing of shots will be much easier. But if you know how to setup a shot, it is very easy to do so.

I just want to add how I work with TenniRobo:

I set up each basic shot as a single shot to each possible and also realistic position on table. After that in the evening I took my phone (no robot connection is needed) and think about drills I or my students want to play. So I create my drills in freetime by using the saved basic single shots. This saves a lot of time in my club.

All in all I am really really happy with TenniRobo and I am thinking on buying a second one, so that I have one and one I can leave in my club. After two years I can say TenniRobo is the best robot I owned and is way more flexible than others. Also the support and the app is really great.

The only thing I miss, is a ball catching net. I am planning to build a transportable ball catching net.

Thats for now, hope I could help.
I am happy to help or answer questions regarding the robot,
Sorry for my bad english.

Hello Coach,
I'm in the process of buying TenniRobo. Did you have a chance to create google sheet with the drills and shots you using to train your students? It would be greatly beneficial for not very experienced players like myself to get some solid drills and shots developed by professional coach!!! If you created such sheet, how can we access it? Thank you!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Dear friends,
I want to introduce a good friend of mine, Maryna Litovchenko. She is the gold medalist at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Table Tennis Games.
Marina is not only a professional table tennis player. She is an outstanding and caring person, the founder of a public organization that helps people with disabilities. Also, she helped me a lot with testing the new TenniRobo version. I really appreciate it, and now want to help her too.
You have heard about the war in Ukraine, and the situation in our city Kharkiv which is shelled by russian troops harshly. Many buildings are damaged, and critical city infrastructure is destroyed… That's why Maryna decided to sell her Gold Paralympic Medal and transfer all money to help Karazin University in Kharkiv - the university, which she graduated from and where she worked. She wants to support teachers and students of her University to preserve Ukrainian culture and knowledge during this trying time.
It is sad for me to even hear about the possibility of selling the most important medal for any professional player. The medal symbolizes not only Marina's great work and dedication, but it is also a national heritage.
Although, there is another option. Together, we can try to raise the necessary amount of money at GoFundme https://gofund.me/fa0809a5

https://youtu.be/nM6Gzhdo1gk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Hi Sergei. It’s really great to hear from you. I’ve been thinking about you and hoping you and your and family are as well as can be expected with the war raging in Ukraine. Take care.

Reactions: TenniRobo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hi All,
I'm hoping Sergei and others in Ukraine are keeping safe.

I have a question regarding Tennirobo power adapter. My Tennirobo got damaged 2 years ago due to kids tripping over the power cable. I have finally managed to epoxy the broken piece and put it together.

Since I haven't used it in a while, I might have mixed the power adapter with other laptop adapters at home. I want to be cautious and not fry the device by connecting a wrong adapter.

Any idea what DC voltage/Amp rating does Tennirobo need? I might have the adapter lying somewhere but if I did have to purchase one, is there a place where I can buy the required DC adapter?

Thanks!

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Hi All,
I'm hoping Sergei and others in Ukraine are keeping safe.

I have a question regarding Tennirobo power adapter. My Tennirobo got damaged 2 years ago due to kids tripping over the power cable. I have finally managed to epoxy the broken piece and put it together.

Since I haven't used it in a while, I might have mixed the power adapter with other laptop adapters at home. I want to be cautious and not fry the device by connecting a wrong adapter.

Any idea what DC voltage/Amp rating does Tennirobo need? I might have the adapter lying somewhere but if I did have to purchase one, is there a place where I can buy the required DC adapter?

Thanks!
12 Volt /10 Amps and the positive is in the middle of the plug

Reactions: federalist07
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
Hello! A fantastic product! I have just found one in the states for under $400 usd, since I have been looking for a reasonably priced robot. All main 'good' robots currently on the market are for $900 upwards and it was a rara find for find something for $400! How does your robot compare price-wise?

I would suggest an immediate improvement though - a telescopic bucket! This will make the robot half the size and more easily shippable! Good luck!
Where did you end up buying it from? I would totally buy one used in the states