TenniRobo - super table tennis robot in compact size

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
I own Tennirobo since August 2019. Didn't have much time to practice with it. But now when table tennis clubs are closed due to coronavirus I can develop my skills with Tennirobo. Many thanks to Sergey for such a great product. It's compact, light but very universal and powerful. Take a look at the website (tennirobo dot com). Every word in description is true:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
I just wanted to add that this is a great and underestimated robot. The design may look deceptively simple, but it is definitely on par with advanced robots like Amicus etc. I think it is quite well thought out, reliable and easy to maintain. It works very well and is easy to set up. I believe it was made by someone with a good background in engineering. What is really outstanding is how seriously Sergey responds and takes care of the support, no matter what the issue might be. I am definitely not so sure if this would be the case from a large company. Only thing missing is possibly even better marketing :eek:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
No updates on this thread for a while.
Any long term feedback on this robot? Is the robot/App still being enhanced?
I'm strongly considering purchasing this robot vs Powerpong 2001. Only wondering about long term reliability and support.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
No updates on this thread for a while.
Any long term feedback on this robot? Is the robot/App still being enhanced?
I'm strongly considering purchasing this robot vs Powerpong 2001. Only wondering about long term reliability and support.

Only wondering about long term reliability and support.

Yep me too !!!!

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Support from Sergey is excellent. He responds quickly and knows everything about the robot since he is the maker.

I can't say about long-term reliability since I only had it some months before I sold my house, and because of that my table and the robot also.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Support from Sergey is excellent. He responds quickly and knows everything about the robot since he is the maker.

I can't say about long-term reliability since I only had it some months before I sold my house, and because of that my table and the robot also.

A few months back I did contact tennirobo and yes, indeed Sergey was very helpful and the communications are good.
I can also agree with a previous post here that one would likely get better support from Tennirobo than probably from Butterfly or any of the other manufacturers of robots. Still, if one lives in a provincial town of a 3rd world country , like i do, It will be impossible to get any kind of help from anybody.
There are not that many moving parts and no fancy plastic bits on this robot so i am waiting for a good second hand one at reasonable cost 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
After a few email exchanges with Sergey, I've put myself in queue for the next batch. Now patiently waiting for it :)

Wondering if the drills created on App can be exported/imported so that other Tennirobo users can share with each other. Powerpong 5000 has something like that

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

A few months back I did contact tennirobo and yes, indeed Sergey was very helpful and the communications are good.
I can also agree with a previous post here that one would likely get better support from Tennirobo than probably from Butterfly or any of the other manufacturers of robots. Still, if one lives in a provincial town of a 3rd world country , like i do, It will be impossible to get any kind of help from anybody.
There are not that many moving parts and no fancy plastic bits on this robot so i am waiting for a good second hand one at reasonable cost 😁

Just an update , I will pick up my tennirobo tomorrow. I got a good deal on a "as new" with about 10 to 15 hours work done.
The old owner is "upgrading".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Just a note. When setting on max topspin which is double the spin more than pro level spin, the ball can leave marks on the table that do not clean off. This spin level is totally unrealistic as my pro coach could only get 1 in 10 on the table.
This robot can randomize spin, placement and time between shots leading to a much more realistic ball compared to other robots I have used. Excellent customer service too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Just an update , I will pick up my tennirobo tomorrow. I got a good deal on a "as new" with about 10 to 15 hours work done.
The old owner is "upgrading".
What's the old owner upgrading to?
Just a note. When setting on max topspin which is double the spin more than pro level spin, the ball can leave marks on the table that do not clean off. This spin level is totally unrealistic as my pro coach could only get 1 in 10 on the table.
This robot can randomize spin, placement and time between shots leading to a much more realistic ball compared to other robots I have used. Excellent customer service too.
Thanks for the note on max spin.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

What's the old owner upgrading to?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by maurice101

The old owner is upgrading tothe 3001 powerpong.
Something the tennirobo can notdo is :

That means you get the incredible 3-wheel design. It can produce a variety of different spins within a single pre-programmed drill. And you can create and save up to 99 different drills. It’s just like doing practice drills with a real human partner!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

Something the tennirobo can notdo is :

That means you get the incredible 3-wheel design. It can produce a variety of different spins within a single pre-programmed drill. And you can create and save up to 99 different drills. It’s just like doing practice drills with a real human partner!

Didn't quite understand.

• Powerpong can store 99 drills of upto 8 balls per drill.
  • Tennirobo (copied from FAQ) - You can have an unlimited quantity of saved shots or drills on your smartphone. Any of these drills you can download into the robot’s memory. TenniRobo has enough memory to store 5 different programs (up to 80 shots in each), which you can run with or without a smartphone (with IR remote).

PP3001 does come with a net and has continuous continuous recycling.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Didn't quite understand.

• Powerpong can store 99 drills of upto 8 balls per drill.
  • Tennirobo (copied from FAQ) - You can have an unlimited quantity of saved shots or drills on your smartphone. Any of these drills you can download into the robot’s memory. TenniRobo has enough memory to store 5 different programs (up to 80 shots in each), which you can run with or without a smartphone (with IR remote).

PP3001 does come with a net and has continuous continuous recycling.

Thanks, in the moment i can not even pair the phone with the robo.
Kind Sergey gave me a very quick reply and is encouraging me to follow the manual.
But even folowing the manual carefully, i always get the error message : ""Tenniobo rejects pairing""😞

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018

i always get the error message : ""Tenniobo rejects pairing""😞

This was a bug in the app, which is related to old Android devices only. I've already fixed it and uploaded a new app version to Play Market - it will be available soon, once Google team approves it

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
This was a bug in the app, which is related to old Android devices only. I've already fixed it and uploaded a new app version to Play Market - it will be available soon, once Google team approves it

Service and communication is fast and friendly. Brilliant dedication to the product and the customers.
Yep ! you would never get this from a big manufacturer. Looking forward to the new app and the chance to use the tennirobo. ☺

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017

Sounds crazy 😁 . Would be nice to see a video of that in action...

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Yuuuppeeeee ! It works..................

After getting my second hand Tennirobo exactly a week ago today I got it working last night.
I could not get my robo to pair with my oldish mobile phone..
Now take into consideration the fact that I live in a provincial town of a 3rd world country, that we have a pandemic world, that the creators of tennirobo
are on the other side of the planet, etc.
My contact with Sergey using emails and whattsapp went great. He detected the problems and sat down to re-write and update the app.
This was all done within about 4 days and we then only had to wait for google-play to accept the new app.

All credit to Sergey and the other contributors to this great machine and a great bouquet of flowers for the top-grade service they provide.

Thanks guys
lodro

p.s. while i am at it: : Is it not amazing that in this world we are living in now, thanks to all the technologies things like this are possible.
Ok, i might give my age away a bit here but not that long ago a letter from NZ to the Ukraine would have taken 8 days.

Reactions: TenniRobo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Upcoming mobile app update contains many new features. But to make them possible it's strongly needed to calibrate the head of your TenniRobo.
This video tutorial should help you to perform this simple procedure. Full description here
I want to tell you about this in advance so that you are “armed” with the knowledge after installing the new version. I think that app testing will be completed very soon, and you will be able to evaluate all the new features yourself. I promise you will love them!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
I’m really super excited about this coming update. It’ll bring Tennirobo up to speed with the high end robots in terms of drill programming capabilities. It’s a shame you’ve had to do so much work to the app to make this a possibility. But the calibration process looks pretty simple and the ability to fine tune the amount of randomness in drills will be much appreciated. I can’t wait! 😜

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2021
Hi,

I am a coach from Germany and also a player. I own TenniRobo since 2018. So I think I can give you a good long term review.

All information and reviews you can find on the net are saying the truth. TenniRobo is a very good professional robot. I am also owner of an amicus prime after I sold my amicus professional. So I can compare these 3 robots.

I am using all my robots for my own training and also my students can train with the robots if they want.

Sergey is a very responsible and friendly person and replies to my questions in a fast and helpful way. I also had some trouble with the ball feeding mechanism, but after sending some videos to Sergey and explaining him the problem, he sent me a replacement of ball feeder and also guided me with videos and photos. So I easily replaced the ball feeder. Now it works like a charm. I realy like to play with the robot and all my students like it to. The balls are very realistic and the random functions and also a cycle mode are highly used features.

I have a lot of contact with Sergey and gave him some feature request. All of them are now implemented in App. So you see also after more than 2 years of using TenniRobo I am still very happy and App gets still useful Updates.

At the moment I am planning to create a google sheet, where all TenniRobo users can enter their own shots for a specific position. So we should get a big database with realistic shot configuration. I think later Sergey will implement import/export function, so sharing of shots will be much easier. But if you know how to setup a shot, it is very easy to do so.

I just want to add how I work with TenniRobo:

I set up each basic shot as a single shot to each possible and also realistic position on table. After that in the evening I took my phone (no robot connection is needed) and think about drills I or my students want to play. So I create my drills in freetime by using the saved basic single shots. This saves a lot of time in my club.

All in all I am really really happy with TenniRobo and I am thinking on buying a second one, so that I have one and one I can leave in my club. After two years I can say TenniRobo is the best robot I owned and is way more flexible than others. Also the support and the app is really great.

The only thing I miss, is a ball catching net. I am planning to build a transportable ball catching net.

Thats for now, hope I could help.
I am happy to help or answer questions regarding the robot,
Sorry for my bad english.