TenniRobo - super table tennis robot in compact size

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Have you any comparsion to other Robots like Butterfly Amicus or Newgy Robopong? How easy is it to create drills? I m srsly considering buying one and would love some more feedback.

E: Is there a way to install a Net so you dont have to collect the Balls from the floor?
I haven't used an Amicus or Newgy. There is an Amicus robot in my club but its frequently broken. I think they got a new unit to replace the older one. Anyway, while at the club I want to practice against other players, not robots so I never used it.

Before the TenniRobo, I owned a Prakttismate robot. That robot was a 2 wheel design. Like most robots it clamped on the end of the table. You could set spin, speed and oscillation to send balls left or right. Unfortunately due to that robot's design, it couldn't handle the 40+ ball size. Compared to the TenniRobo, it had much more limited functionality and was almost twice the price.

It took me a little time to figure out how to create and save a 3 shot sequence drill for my TenniRobo using the app. Sergey (the owner of TenniRobo) sent me a short video on how to do this. Unfortunately, I can't find that video. However, Sergey has responded to this thread. Maybe he can post a link to that video on this thread or you can PM him to send you that video directly so that you can get a sense about how to set up drills.

I like that TenniRobo can feed different balls in terms of spin, speed, and locations and make those adjustments pretty quickly to make drills fairly realistic although its not the same as playing against another person or multiball practice with a coach. I also like that you can place the robot at any location close or away from the table giving the ball a more realistic trajectory, such as practicing against chop coming from far from the table.

I had a concern about the lack of a net as well. I had suggested to Sergey to offer a net as an extra cost option. Since the TenniRobo can be placed on tripod and positioned anywhere near or far from the table, the net does become a challenge. But you can make a cheap net yourself by using PVC pipes to make a frame and tie a bed sheet on that frame to catch the balls. It won't be pretty but should be functional. Or, you could purchase a stand alone net similar to this (but its expensive): https://shop.butterflyonline.com/collection-net-2-ppcn2

If you don't get a net setup, you should get something to pick up balls from the floor quickly without a lot of bending, something like this: https://shop.butterflyonline.com/ball-amigo

No, I am not trying to push Butterfly items, I just found examples of both on same website to show as examples.

Reactions: TenniRobo and Simas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

This post describes my experience with TenniRobo.
----------------
I wanted to buy a robot for a long time because I felt that I couldn't improve my table tennis skills by doing drills only 2 hours a week.
Therefore, I wanted a robot that can simulate the same drills that I do in my TT club with my trainer.

Because some of these drills include balls in different placements / spins, I needed a robot with very high control and programmability.

After quite a lot of research, the only robots I found that fit my requirements were: Butterfly Amicus and Tennirobo.

I decided to buy the Tennirobo robot, mainly because:
1. Price
In my country, the butterfly Amicus cost is more than 4 times the price of Tennirobo

2. Support - I've heard from Amicus users that fixing the Amicus robot takes a lot of time and money,
and problems in Tennirobo seems much less intimidating because:
  • Tennirobo design is very simple
  • I have access to Sergey - the designer of Tennirobo
  • Sergey assured me that using his guidance, I will be able to fix most of problems I'll encounter myself easily

The only thing that bothered me about Tennirobo is a quite new product without many clients / reviews, but I decided to take the risk.

3 days ago I received my Tennirobo, and I'm quite impressed.
The design looks very simple, yet it has the control and programmabilty that I wanted.

I tested it for 2 hours so far, and everything was working smoothly with high accuracy.
The only bad thing which isnt really that bad is: its not that intuitive to navigate through the app
It took me some time to figure out how it works, but after that I got used to it and it was fine.

I'm very happy with the robot I bought and I can recommend it to other users.
I also recommend to buy a catch net with it. I bought IPONG catch net in 65$ in ebay

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Someone asked me in private message to send a picture of my tennirobo setup, so here it is:

my table 2.jpgmy table 1.jpg

You can see in the picture that I built a ball recycling mechanism.

I've made a video that shows how it works in case you want to make something similar:
youtube.com/watch?v=BPSiNMpcXe4

The total cost of the parts is around 50$

To make it work you just need to make one motor spin in a constant velocity,
Using google you can find plenty of tutorials for that.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
@ Cool Name
WHAT PRICE TENNISROBO ??

Dear Sir,

It seems you did withheld most of the truth from the general public.
-- How much did you pay for this bargain, the product + shipping fees ?? It is a question of uppermost interest with all the table tennis falks, you understand.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Exact ball speed and spin - the new unique feature of TenniRobo!

I am proud to tell you, that with the last app update you are able to select the exact speed and spin for every ball - the unique feature which any other robot doesn't have! The maximum speed of a smash ball from TenniRobo is about 90kph (56mph). The maximum spin is more than 20000rmp!
To implement this option I had to create a new ball speed measurement tool (see the photo below)

All the details you may read here

TenniRobo_speed_measurement_1280.jpg

Not bad compared with the maximum measured speed 122kph by Dimitrij Ovtcharov (here is the discussion), isn't it?

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Great stuff! :D In the WTTC 2017 final between Ma Long and Fzd I think Fzd had the fastest shot which was 78-80 km/h. Of course that was in a match situation and that's different. I don't think Dima would top that in a match.

I am proud to tell you, that with the last app update you are able to select the exact speed and spin for every ball - the unique feature which any other robot doesn't have! The maximum speed of a smash ball from TenniRobo is about 90kph (56mph). The maximum spin is more than 20000rmp!
To implement this option I had to create a new ball speed measurement tool (see the photo below)

All the details you may read here

View attachment 18476

Not bad compared with the maximum measured speed 122kph by Dimitrij Ovtcharov (here is the discussion), isn't it?

Reactions: TenniRobo
says testing
says testing
Apr 2019
Can you share some stats on the accuracy of the ball placement. Personally, I've tried Newgy 2050 and I find the ball placement accuracy quite off for consecutive shots. Most of the ping pong robots available in the market face the same issue of accuracy.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Can you share some stats on the accuracy of the ball placement. Personally, I've tried Newgy 2050 and I find the ball placement accuracy quite off for consecutive shots.

My friend has Newgy 2050 too and the ball placement seems reasonable to me so far. I am guessing a lot has to do with the balls that you are using. We noticed some practice balls jumping around a bit too but when we added 3 star balls in the mix, we noticed that all of them came around pretty consistent. You might want to give 3 star balls a go.

Reactions: LucasMcCaine
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
The accuracy depends on how far is a robot placed from the table (far placement = less accuracy). But if compare the similar with Newgy placement (at the end of the table) - TenniRobo accuracy is about 20-25cm (<10 inches). I would say, it has a quite small dependency on balls quality (1 start ball or 3 stars balls - it doesn't matter). What is important for accuracy - it is a constant rotation speed of each wheel, and the wheel material (rubber is better than plastic).
Some interesting fact - one of my users in Ukraine after he had replaced his Robopong (1 wheel robot) with Tennirobo complained to me, that TenniRobo makes "too constant balls" :) . Of course, it is possible to create any drill with slightly different shots, but it was his first impression...
That's why my next goal is automatically generation of random drills (with selected by user parameters)

Reactions: danisius
says testing
says testing
Apr 2019
Thanks for the clarification. Slight variations in the ball placement would definitely a plus. I would definitely be placing the order for TenniRobo soon.

Reactions: TenniRobo
says testing
says testing
Apr 2019
I had programmed the robot to place the balls on the opposite corner of the table. 2/5 times the ball was going out. The balls were standard Sanwei 3w 2 star balls which work fine with Butterfly amicus. So I don't think balls were the issue. Probably it was a machine related issue.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
How many sales have you done so far ?
I could only find 2 reviews in this thread. Are there any more user feedback ?

Any more updates regarding the performance - NoFootWork and CoolName ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
How many sales have you done so far ?
I could only find 2 reviews in this thread. Are there any more user feedback ?

Any more updates regarding the performance - NoFootWork and CoolName ?

Nothing to add from my review. I'm using it ~1-2 hours a week and so far it is working perfectly. I'm very happy with it.

Reactions: Simas and TenniRobo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
I tested the robot yesterday. What a wonderful robot! I did some drills and it worked perfectly. I was impressed by the accuracy of the robot and how it manages to make human-like releases. The ability to produce spin and speed independently is incredible. I was very pleased, I wish I had found the robot before! :)
The design you thought is also fantastic because it seems to me that facilitates any maintenance! Congratulations!
Congratulations on the excellent invention and all your support and service!