TenniRobo - super table tennis robot in compact size

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Hi all!
I created this topic to give you some information about my project of advanced table tennis robot - TenniRobo.

I have developed it during few years, and now it is almost ready, first 3 robots will be shipped during 2 weeks to their new owners.
Official website is https://www.tennirobo.com/ ,
facebook group is https://www.facebook.com/TenniRobo
I'll be grateful for your feedback and will be happy to answer your questions.

Here is some information about TenniRobo:

• Controlled from any Android device via Bluetooth LE (everything is better with Bluetooth), or using an infrared remote control. Mobile app will be published when the first batch is ready for shipping (iOS is going to be soon)
  • Precise and fast tuning of all ball parameters. Thanks to the smart motor controller, the robot can shoot the balls like professional players do. It spins the balls to achieve top/back/side/diagonal rotation (from 0 to 15000 rpm) and NO SPIN, it can also accelerate them to a speed of a little spaceship
  • Different spins in a sequence!
  • Separate easy control for ball's speed, spin and spin angle!
  • Fully programmed. You can create different sets of patterns and styles to practice in a way you need. Use predefined sets, combine them with your own ideas
  • Different pauze for every ball! It is possible to program shooting intervals in a very accurate way, the precision shooting timings is 0.1 sec. Intervals range is 0.5 sec - 25 sec with step 0.1sec (up to 120 balls/minute)
  • Put it on a tennis table or on a tripod near it. As a result, its “style” will be as human-like as it can be. However, if you prefer robots to people, it is also a good choice
  • Can use any 40 or 40+ balls
  • 100 balls in the tank. The quantity can be easily increased by yourself if needed
  • Mobile and lightweight (without tripod 5 pounds / 2 kg only; can be packed in a mid-sized bag). Can be moved inside your training location or carried wherever you need it

TenniRobo uses very powerful highspeed motors, usually used in drones and airplanes. Robot also has very smart electronics. As result - it can make very strong and fast balls. But it also able to make weak balls with different precise spin. I don't know if any other robot has all these functions...

For international buyers it's going to be available soon, I'm going to start Ebay listing in 2-3 weeks (I will post anouncment in facebook group and on website)
Thank you for your future questions :)!
P.S. sorry for screenshot with Russian language, I'm working with mobile app now for internationalization

фото экранов приложения Tennirobo.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
This robot appears to offer a number of things way beyond the standard robots I've seen. Many folk are still trying to deal with single head machines, the Amicus boasts two, but you've gone all the way with three. It appears this gives an extraordinary array of spin possibilities, and that alone must make it highly desirable. Plus, the electronic controls are finally 21st century rather than manually trying to estimate spin, speed and direction. Well done.

Of course, given refusal of most of us to learn Russian, English language will be extremely important.

Reactions: Andyzhao123
says Aging is a killer
Very interesting.
I've always liked robots that's not restricted to the centre of the table. It's good for serve-receive practice.
That's the main reason that I bought a DHS 989.
Is that a standard camera tripod?
With it being tripod mounted, a user can vary the height of the head, nice additional feature. Plus potential cost saving for the buyer as he can supply his own mount whether a stool or tripod.

Last edited:
I am very interested.

I signed up for trainerbot for over a year ago - and paid :( - they are now over 1 year late; and only post pics/videos all the time; seems they are better at promotion than developement. I can figure out if i should write of the "investment" and buy something else.

When will your product be ready and at what cost ??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Wow! There are a lot of comments there :)

This robot appears to offer a number of things way beyond the standard robots I've seen.
It appears this gives an extraordinary array of spin possibilities, and that alone must make it highly desirable. Plus, the electronic controls are finally 21st century rather than manually trying to estimate spin, speed and direction. Well done.

Of course, given refusal of most of us to learn Russian, English language will be extremely important.

Yes, robot has a lot of functions. It can generate wide range of spins, but it also has more than 100 steps for vertical and horizontal incline of head, so it's easy to set any shot with it.
Of course, I will translate app to English.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Very interesting.
I've always liked robots that's not restricted to the centre of the table. It's good for serve-receive practice.
That's the main reason that I bought a DHS 989.
I agree. If you mount robot behind the table, you get much more freedom and "human-like" ball's behaviuor

Very interesting.
Is that a standard camera tripod?
With it being tripod mounted, a user can vary the height of the head, nice additional feature. Plus potential cost saving for the buyer as he can supply his own mount whether a stool or tripod.
Yes, it is standard tripod. You can use own, if you have, or buy any tripod in your country and save with worldwide shipping

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
You might want to get on Kickstarter and see if you can't drum up some funding. Ramping up production, rolling out the product and advertising always costs a lot more than people think.

Just a thought.

Totally agree. I 'm trying to calculate mass production cost now (it's really hard, I must say). I am good at electronics and software, but it's hard to calculate cost of mechanics.
I think about Kickstarter all the time, and I would like to strart campaign. Another way - to find investment from busiines or private people, so if you anybody wants to make investment, you are welcome :)

Reactions: Simas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
How much will it cost?
Congratulations! It seems like you have a great product!!
Thank you!

I am very interested.

I signed up for trainerbot for over a year ago - and paid :( - they are now over 1 year late; and only post pics/videos all the time; seems they are better at promotion than developement. I can figure out if i should write of the "investment" and buy something else.
When will your product be ready and at what cost ??

I believe, now the TenniRobo is a middle/professional robot with many functions, but in compact size. It is good as for beginners, as for experienced players. I suppose it has to cost about 700$.
BUT! I am not ready for mass production now (I suppose I am able to manufacture about 20 robots in month now). In current version most of parts are made with 3D printer - it's not bad, but too slow for manufacturing. But of cource, I'm going to resolve this problem (looking for investment....)
So I'm going to start listing on Ebay soon - it will start from (I suppose) 100$, and the winner will receive robot for final price. More information will be available here https://www.facebook.com/TenniRobo soon

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Looks great. You should make videos of faster programmed drill, like a real pro multiball drill, something like underspin, fast topspin, fast topspin. Or topspin to BH than topspin to FH.
Can it do random placement?

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Looks great. You should make videos of faster programmed drill, like a real pro multiball drill, something like underspin, fast topspin, fast topspin. Or topspin to BH than topspin to FH.
Can it do random placement?

Random mode is under development. Now it can shot to any placement that you have programmed to it - with 80 shots in memory it looks like random mode.
I'm going to make this video soon (once my friend-coach will have free time for this)

P.S. In my demo video I've showed 3 shots to the same point (approximatelly) - but with different spins and traectory. The robot can work much faster, but in the video interval beetween shots about 3.5 sec for better understanding of app's screens.

Reactions: bobpuls and iammaru
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
So I'm going to start listing on Ebay soon - it will start from (I suppose) 100$, and the winner will receive robot for final price. More information will be available here https://www.facebook.com/TenniRobo soon

I could be saying a complete nonsense, but I think when I talked with a friend who did a Kickstarter campaign, he mentioned that if the product has been sold before the Kickstarter campaign, the Kickstarter won't accept it for funding as it isn't an innovation or a new product. But as I said, you have to double check it, maybe I am mistaken. Just a word of caution...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Thank you. I will check, but I don't think Kickstarter has restriction "innovation only". Actually, Kickstarter campain could be for manufacturing the small series of robots, or for preparing mass production of these robots (depends on a goal and how it will be successful).
But even if Kickstarter has this restriction - if is it couldn't be an innovation when few items would be sold?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Thank you. I will check, but I don't think Kickstarter has restriction "innovation only". Actually, Kickstarter campain could be for manufacturing the small series of robots, or for preparing mass production of these robots (depends on a goal and how it will be successful).
But even if Kickstarter has this restriction - if is it couldn't be an innovation when few items would be sold?

Maybe I 've used too many words and innovation is an excessive one these days. It should be read that if you want to be accepted to Kickstarter, the product can't have been sold before. But as I said, please double check :) and let us know

Reactions: bobpuls