Zhang Jike to make a return | 2018

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
I replied to him that the comparison is irrelevant but I did not make comparison like he and others did.

So why there is double standard that you asked me to stop comparison / be off topic which I didn't do but skip him and other guys?
Again ‘don’t take the fishing bait just because it is in front you’.
Stay cool and just try to stick to the topic!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
I believe ZJK's technique and tactics are still among the best Chinese players. The problem with him is his body and spirit. If he's healthy and determined to get back, I think he can still get back to top 4. But watching him throughout his career, I'm worried he's too proud to fight and get back from zero.

I doubt he has the drive because even if he manages to get back to top 4, it'd still be so hard to beat ML or/and FZD to win another big title, supposing that he still wants one. (I'm not even sure he does, he seems full of titles and not hungry anymore). I don't want to get into the ML/ZJK comparison saga but ML (and FZD as well) has evolved into a more complete player since the time ZJK was in his prime. So, it'd be very difficult for ZJK to get ahead of them again.

I still hope for his return anyway. Go ZJK!

Reactions: RidTheKid
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
To be frank, one's participation is not "confirmed" until the cancellation deadline of a tournament.
For example, Dima withdrew Hong Kong Open (cancellation deadline 5/20) yesterday and Koki Niwa withdrew today. You don't lose if you don't play and that's the safest way to enter the next tournament according to CNT new policy.

BTW, the qualification for Hong Kong Open is NOT group but knockout.

I think this is a good point. I need you to explain the new CNT policy though. I have not heard about it.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
we`ll most likely be talking about thousands of thousands of screaming girls ;)

I saw them first hand at the WTTC in 2017 in Germany. It was not pleasant to be around them. They were not particularly interested in table tennis.

Reactions: yoass
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I explained in post #21 with many examples.

OK. I see now. And I agree, with rules like that, it is hard to imagine we will see much of ZJK in the coming year. It doesn't matter how talented you are or how much you have been training, if you haven't played a significant tournament in months, you are going to have problems at any significant world tour event even in the qualifying.

Those are not the rules a smart manager would put in place. But a lot of stuff in CNT is weird for awhile now.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Raineverever is a lady ? so cool :):cool:

I still find it hard to get my mind around it. It is not the mental picture I had for months. But it is true.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Things are more interesting when he plays for sure.

Even if he plays one of this 3 opens is interesting too . But @baal about his fan girls noise I think this time will be lower noise be cause of his girl friend announcement but even his less fans are more than others . I saw in weibo his fans has reserved hong kong hotels .. haha ...

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
By the way, for both Ping Fun and rainneverever, I recommend that you both figure out how to ignore, and rain, you set up so that your profile will ignore posts by Ping Fun and Ping Fun, I recommend you do the same. There have just been too many of these kinds of things between the two of you where you get into these.

If you set up the ignore function, you simply won't see the other person's comments. And then these kinds of things will be less likely to escalate to each of you making personal attacks on the other. And rain is right that those comments about ML fans on weibo were directed at her.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
Simply because he quoted me. That bothered me.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]And that is why both of you should find the ignore function and ignore each other. And why, perhaps both of you should learn how not to respond to everything. And both of you should stop attacking each other. You are both valuable members of the forum. Based on history, neither of you should ever feel you need to respond to the other again. [/FONT]

Last edited:
Reactions: Giangt
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So, the thread was locked for a short while. Now it is opened again and most of the posts in the off topic discussion have been removed.

I did not do this as a reproach of any contributors. I simply did this so that, if anyone chose to go back to the original topic, that might be able to happen.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
So, the thread was locked for a short while. Now it is opened again and most of the posts in the off topic discussion have been removed.

I did not do this as a reproach of any contributors. I simply did this so that, if anyone chose to go back to the original topic, that might be able to happen.

Thanks Carl!
I still haven't got the options to moderate on TTD.
You're still stuck in assisting me. ;)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks Carl!
I still haven't got the options to moderate on TTD.
You're still stuck in assisting me. ;)

You were doing a good job. Perhaps I should have stayed out of it. But it seemed to me it had gotten out of hand. Hopefully nobody tries to restart that train of thought.

I have my doubts about whether ZJK will be ready to play or not. But I am still hoping he is. Because, if he is, the men's division could become a little more interesting.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017

Thank you very much for what you did , I want to thank ping fun for her good personality and patient too , I enjoy very much of her posts , but sometimes she doesnt get good feedback which is not right . I know she is not chinese but every thing she sends is good translated and is updated . Maybe my reply is late for here but I wanted to tell this . I am new in this forum but I enjoy being here and Im mostly a reader . I like posts here .