Nittaku Tornado King Power/Speed

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Hi everyone,

Looking at the Nittaku Tornado King Power/Speed, can anyone point me in the right direction to where I could read some reviews or even comparisons with other blades? Apart from the position of and what's in their layers, there is very little information about them.

Given the very similar positions of the layers and the composition of the layers as the DHS Hurricane 301 (which has been getting rave reviews), I'm surprised no one has made mention of at least the Tornado King Power.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
I hope the links below help, I can't vouch for their accuracy and validity as I don't know much about the site. Some of the reviews are quite brief too.

Thanks for the reply - I did forget to mention that I have visited those links prior to my posting, and actually found it quite difficult understanding the translations lol.... Further to it, they seem like pretty generic reviews with no comparisons with other blades. As mentioned, it does seem like any substantial reviews of these blades are few and far between if any. :(

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hi everyone,

Looking at the Nittaku Tornado King Power/Speed, can anyone point me in the right direction to where I could read some reviews or even comparisons with other blades? Apart from the position of and what's in their layers, there is very little information about them.

Given the very similar positions of the layers and the composition of the layers as the DHS Hurricane 301 (which has been getting rave reviews), I'm surprised no one has made mention of at least the Tornado King Power.

Thanks in advance!

That Nittaku Tornado King Power has the same composition as the DHS Long 5 National/N301, a 7 ply "inner layer" carbon style frame, Koto/Ayous/ALC/Ayous/ALC/Ayous/Koto. It is thinner, though, with the DHS blade at 6.0 and the Nittaku at 5.8mm. That will make a difference, even if glueing, wood quality, grain orientation of the layers is about the same. It will probably also be a few grams lighter, and that difference in weight alone should give the DHS quite a bit more punch (whether or not that's a good thing remains to be seen, of course). My custom blade was devised along the foundational principles of that construction type, and my experiences with it reinforced my belief in the merits of placing composite material next to a the core. And in Koto as an outer layer, and in Kiri as the core. :)

The Tornado King Speed however is nothing like that — it's like the Adidas Fibertec Power a 7-ply Limba/Carbon Kevlar/Ayous/Kiri/Ayous/Carbon Kevlar/Limba. I fully expect them to play wildly differently, with the Speed as the fiercer of these two beasts.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
That Nittaku Tornado King Power has the same composition as the DHS Long 5 National/N301, a 7 ply "inner layer" carbon style frame, Koto/Ayous/ALC/Ayous/ALC/Ayous/Koto. It is thinner, though, with the DHS blade at 6.0 and the Nittaku at 5.8mm. That will make a difference, even if glueing, wood quality, grain orientation of the layers is about the same. It will probably also be a few grams lighter, and that difference in weight alone should give the DHS quite a bit more punch (whether or not that's a good thing remains to be seen, of course). My custom blade was devised along the foundational principles of that construction type, and my experiences with it reinforced my belief in the merits of placing composite material next to a the core. And in Koto as an outer layer, and in Kiri as the core. :)

The Tornado King Speed however is nothing like that — it's like the Adidas Fibertec Power a 7-ply Limba/Carbon Kevlar/Ayous/Kiri/Ayous/Carbon Kevlar/Limba. I fully expect them to play wildly differently, with the Speed as the fiercer of these two beasts.

Thanks for the rundown there yoass. I guess in terms of thickness, the Tornado King Power would be very similar to the relatively new DHS Hurricane 301 then, both coming in at 5.8mm, and both having very similar layer positions and compositions. And I guess you could also say as you mentioned, that DHS Long 5 National/N301 is the same, just thicker then, right?

The only difference I can tell between the DHS Hurricane 301 and the Nittaku Tornado King Power is that one uses arylate carbon as the composite, and the other uses Kevlar carbon, which I've read are quite similar, no? Maybe arylate carbon being a bit stiffer?

Also, according the Nittaku, the composite is Kevlar carbon... but according to stervinou.net, it's arylate carbon. I'm assuming to trust Nittaku.

Last edited:

The composition between DHS Long 5 and N301 is similar but not the same. DHS Long 5 is Limba outer and DHS N301 is Koto outer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
The composition between DHS Long 5 and N301 is similar but not the same. DHS Long 5 is Limba outer and DHS N301 is Koto outer.

Sorry, I should clarify that the comparisons are being drawn from DHS Hurricane Long 5 National, which is the N301 that you have pointed out which indeed is koto, and the DHS Hurricane 301 which I believe has been released in the last year which has the same composition as the N301, which is the same as the Tornado King Power, apart from the differences that yoass has pointed out.

DHS Long 5 has the Limba outer layer, and is thus not the subject of comparison.