T2 APAC 2018 who's confirmed?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yes but the men who compete in T2 are not over 60!

I agree that Men vs Women matches would be entertaining in some cases, but if we are honest the men would win 90% of the time, and every match that is Male vs Female is a match that could have been Male vs Male or Female vs Female.

Han Ying for example has been known to beat players on the men's German national team because of her chopping variation.

In the end, even if men win, it is not as simple as some think they have to use the right strategies as simply trying to hit through the blocks of the ladies is a death sentence

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
So the original question was what points handicap would take the win ratio to 50:50? Some one said 5, I said I think less. If T2 gave women a 3 point per set handicap, then we would get to see more different matchups and more contrasting styles. If 3 isn't the right number, it would be easy for them to play some test matches and figure out what it is.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The only thing confirmed at the moment is that season 2 will start on July 7th at the same venue, the Pinewood Studios.

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
CNT did have men (B team) vs women (A team) formal warm-up match before. Best women players can beat men's team B.

2008 http://sports.sohu.com/20080418/n256386547.shtml
Wang Nan 2-3 Yan An
Guo Yue 1-3 Fang Bo
Li Xiaoxia 3-1 Song Hongyuan
Wang Nan 0-3 Fang Bo

2016 https://sports.qq.com/a/20140909/001291.htm
Li Xiaoxia 4-2 Ren Hao
Ding Ning 4-1 Yan Sheng

They also had men (A team) vs women (A team) sometimes.
https://sports.qq.com/a/20140909/001291.htm
2014 men's team started with 0:4 or 6:8 or 8:9. Some results:
Ding Ning 11:13 Xu Xin
Chen Meng 9:11 Wang Hao (Chen Meng was leading 7:2)
Li Xiaoxia vs Fan Zhendong (FZD won)
Liu Shiwen vs Zhou Yu (LSW won!!!!!)
Zhu Yuling vs Zhang Jike (ZJK won)
Li Xiaoxia vs Wang Hao (no result, likely WH won)

You can be sure the men didn't play serious against these women, otherwise they wouldn't stand a chance. It's hilarious you are thinking it was a serious match from the men. Years ago Boll played a show match against world champion Guo Yue (at this time), out of 20 points she won only 1 point. Boll said that european top players would crush the best chinese women and you are thinking some of the top chinese (even if they are B chinese) could win against women lol. Keep dreaming.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
You can be sure the men didn't play serious against these women, otherwise they wouldn't stand a chance. It's hilarious you are thinking it was a serious match from the men.

How do you know the women didn't play serious because it would be too embarrassing to the men if they won ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
You can be sure the men didn't play serious against these women, otherwise they wouldn't stand a chance. It's hilarious you are thinking it was a serious match from the men. Years ago Boll played a show match against world champion Guo Yue (at this time), out of 20 points she won only 1 point. Boll said that european top players would crush the best chinese women and you are thinking some of the top chinese (even if they are B chinese) could win against women lol. Keep dreaming.
You are very sure about it... I am not and will tell you why:
1. If there was intention that women win all matches, how come few of them lost
2. Doesn't it look strange that best men players like FZD nad FB won their matches
3. If you watched these matches you would not say it was for fan, team B players did their best to win matches.
4. If you look closely to china players you will see that even in A squad they differ a lot. Last time LGL chose 12 players to team A. If you compare for instance FZD and Zhou Yu on international stage there is big difference. ZY was beaten several times by player like Steffen Mengel and other who are not even in top 20. So if you take team B having less experience on big stage and their skills they would be rather 50-100 in world ranking..
5. European players have totaly different style, they put more spin then speed so for chinese women who play very fast rifght after bounce it is very hard to adapt.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I would think the coaches decide ...

Hi guys, i'm new here in this forum.

The T2's basic rules has no problem for me: the time, no deuce, kill zone... etc.. its ok.

But...

Can anyone tell me how or who decides de fixture in a match between tow teams? I mean, the orden in that players play and againts who?

Thanks.

Jan 2018
ecktFUQ.png

Roughly 30 mins later, it got "updated"

q9ORHmH.png

1530467462184234857.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Hi all,

Season 2 of T2 APAC will not be held this year, and when T2 holds their next event it will not be called Season 2.
They are joining with ITTF and will hold events alongside the World Tour, where new concepts will be experimented with.
This info is from the ITTF-Sportsmaster press conference which I attended this morning in Singapore.

-ttGuru

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Japanese most likely to pass by the T2, anyway. They just launched their own domestic Super Pro League, a lot of foreigners to take part there.