Who will win the Pro Tour Grand Finals!?

• Ma Long

Votes: 46 70.8%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

• Gao Ning

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

• Lee Sang Su

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Other - Comment below

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2011
That is just awesome Sir Al de Man.
Do you (or your team) specialize in table tennis photography?

Thank you. I've been playing table tennis since the mid 80's at a low league standard and in to photography for about five years or so. I started off shooting live music, but covering table tennis was always in the back of my mind when making my photography purchases.

Then, eight months ago, I contacted my local league about covering our city's closed tournament. I've gradually moved up through larger and more prestigious competitions improving my technique as I went on until I'm where I am today. Samples from some of my tournaments are on my Flickr photo stream linked in my signature.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
(ms-f) MA Long - ZHANG Jike (private recording) FullMatch|ShortForm/Awards/SlowMotions

--enjoy!!!

This user has no status.
2011 ITTF Pro Tour Grand Finals - Olympic Games Test Event, 24 Nov 2011 - 27 Nov 2011, London, ENGClick here: to watch the matches in the ITTF Live Stream with Integrated Chat!Well if things couldn't get any better in the table tennis World, it just did! The ITTF Pro Tour Grand Finals is to be staged this week at the ExCel Arena in London from Thursday 24th to Sunday 27th November 2011. All the best Chinese stars are competing! In many respects this is the next biggest tournament of the year next to the World Table Tennis Championships! Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Xu Xin, Ma Lin, Wang Hao and Wang Liqin will all appear in the Men’s Singles event; whilst in the counterpart Women’s Singles competition Guo Yan, Ding Ning, Liu Shiwen, Li Xiaoxia and Guo Yue will be in action.
ma_long3_02_11_11_Large.jpg
Photo by: Remy GrosTwo players to keep an eye on throughout the competition is Zhang Jike and Ding Ning. Both players having won this year the World Table Tennis Championships in Rotterdam and the World Cup last week in Paris means they are both course to set records! If either of the players win the Pro Tour Grand Final's, the victory will go down in history as only one player has managed to achieve the Grand Slam (the three titles in one year). That player is Zhang Yining. She won the World Championships in 2005 (Shanghai), World Cup 2005 (Guangzhou) and Pro Tour Grand Finals 2005 (Fuzhou). Can Zhang Jike and Ding Ning do this! They have a lot of competition that will try to stop them in their tracks. The seedings are below:Mens Seedings:1) Ma Long2) Zhang Jike3) Xu Xin4) Ma Lin5) Wang Hao6) Jun Mizutani7) Gao Ninghttp://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/content.php?201-Wang-Liqin-World-Rank-98) Dimitrij Ovtcharov 9) Lee Sang Su10) Seiya Kishikawa11) Wang Liqin12) Oh Sang Eun13) Ryu Seung Min14) Joo Se Hyuk15) Gao Ning16) Paul Drinkhall
zhang_jike2_14_11_11_Large.jpg
Photo by: Vincent KovasWomens Seedings:1) Guo Yan2) Ding Ning3) Feng Tianwei4) Liu Shiwen5) Li Xiaoxia6) Guo Yue7) Wang Yuegu8) Kasumi Ishikawa9) Ai Fukuhara10) Sayaka Hirano11) Li Jiawei12) Sun Beibei13) Yang Ha Eun14) Wu Jiaduo15) Park Mi Young16) Joanna Parker
ding_ning_02_11_11.jpg
Photo by: Remy GrosSo what are your predictions of this event! Will Ding Ning acheive the second ever Grand Slam in the history of Womens Table Tennis?Could Zhang Jike be the first man ever to achieve the Grand Slam in the same year? Will Ma Long make this tournament his 7th major win in 4 months? Can experienced players stop him including the likes of Wang Liqin, Xu Xin and Wang Hao.This is going to be a big tournament so lets get started and start discussing the seeds. We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular event! Don't forget to join us in our live stream when matches are playing! The under 21's event begins this Thursday, so stay tuned and don't miss out!Enjoy
Oh really Dan? Are you quite so sure that the Grand Slam is composed of Championships, Cup, and Grand Finals? The real Grand Slam titles are World Cup, World Championships, and Olympics. Pro Tour Grand Finals is still acceptable, but that falls on the Super Grand Slam titles. Super Grand SLam titles, if I am not mistaken, are composed of: Olympics, World Cup, World Championships, World Team Cup, World Team Championships, Pro Tour Grand Finals, Asian/European Cup, and Asian?European Championships, and Asian Games. Get facts straight, Dan. https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/wink.png