How to get a sponsorship

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I don't have a sponsorship but my guess is it will depend on your National ranking and how well you can promote the brand. Whats your ranking in Sweden Nicky? Is that where you play as it says SWE on your flag?

I'm currently underranked as in I have not played enough tournments to gain the amount of points that i deserve. But now i'm ranked 2nd in my district, Skåne, for boys born 2003.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Screenshot 2018-05-15 at 13.24.14.jpg my point statistics. only going up:)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-05-15 at 13.24.14.jpg
    Screenshot 2018-05-15 at 13.24.14.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I believe you might contact personally the local president of the brands. At least here it might be a good way...I am quite lucky, because both Donic and Butterfly president lives like 10 minutes far away with car. .D And they're also well known figures in the local TT society. My ex-coach used to get sponsorship for his small (low level) tournaments.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
I don't know much about sponsorship in tt but in race bmx it's all about having a positive profile. Use social media, mention products that you use with lots of good photos and try and deve!op a following based on tt. Sponsors want great p!ayers but even more they want people who promote their products in a positive way. When you'rs sponsored you become an ambassador for the sponsor.

Reactions: Simas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I don't know much about sponsorship in tt but in race bmx it's all about having a positive profile. Use social media, mention products that you use with lots of good photos and try and deve!op a following based on tt. Sponsors want great p!ayers but even more they want people who promote their products in a positive way. When you'rs sponsored you become an ambassador for the sponsor.
yes, i think this sounds right. you don't have to be top 10 in your country to get a sponsor, obviously this would raise your chances, but it's more important to be able to actually sponsor their company.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 1 reviews
yes, i think this sounds right. you don't have to be top 10 in your country to get a sponsor, obviously this would raise your chances, but it's more important to be able to actually sponsor their company.

Might not need to be top 10, but I'm pretty sure you need to be above rank 1842 to be an interesting marketing vehicle for any company. At the end of the day, sponsorship is about exposure and image and right now you offer neither. In general, at the levels where sponsorship becomes relevant, the coaches usually have connections to the companies and can create a relationship. If your coaches aren't talking to you about apknsorship, it's highly likely you just aren't interesting or simply good enough right now.

Unless you are looking for a company that gives you a few free blades and rubbers (in which case, start a YouTube channel) this seems way off for you.

Reactions: JST
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
The question is, are you looking to raise the profile of the sponsors by giving out the positive image and results or are you only interested in subsidising your table tennis expense? Sponsorship works both ways and it seems like you're mainly wanting to "take" from sponsors.

In that case, contacting your local business owner or looking for a schoolarship of some sort would be the best.

In Japan equipment makers usualy sponsor the high school teams. A total number of individualy sponsored player is around 100 which is very small considering there are 130,000 registered players here.

I won't go into the details of each sponsorship deals but one top high school team in Japan has 20 members and are supplied with 6 sheet of Tenergy per month by Butterfly. Other brands usually give out a little more. So even if you are lucky enough to be sponsored, there aren't much in it.