Best table tennis robots for price

This user has no status.
Hi!
I have an outdoor table tennis table in my backyard and I use an IPong v300 with IPong catch net for practicing. My main problem is that it's a bit of a hassle to set everything up and take it down each session. Are there better alternatives? What robots are best for the price? What other robots do you recommend? Thanks to each and every one of you in advance.

This user has no status.
I'm a V300 owner too. You might have seen one of my many videos on you tube. I agree that it's a bit of a pain to set up, especially if you just want to run through a couple of buckets which is still 200 balls, but only 10 mins.

I can't speak for the Amicus but the Newgy with attached net is definately easier to set up. What I don't like is the unrealistic spin, even at slow speeds. The backspin is rediculous. What I do like is that you can limit the oscillation to a section of the table. It is however 4-5 times the price.

The V300 in my view is by far the best value it of those above. It does seem to have some inconsistencies between batches and some have reported issues. If you have a good one though, like I do, I think it's great.

I've not experienced a Practice Partner but I think you would still need a catch need leading to the same issue.

One alternative is perhaps not use the net and just get a good picker upper. It might be quicker for a short session.

Reactions: Andyzhao123
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
No simple solution for you. The biggest problem here is that you have a table outdoors. The setting up & taking down over & over. If there's a slight breeze which could effect the ball. Ugh. No thanks.

I'll sell you my return board. :p 5 second set up & take down.... FYI - they're not as good as robots though.

Reactions: Andyzhao123