Target Pro Gt Cornilleau

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
How does this series of rubbers compare to Tenergy Series , Victas , Xiom Vega and neo hurricane 3 prov etc

They are Tensor rubbers from Germany so you´d find equivalents or rather "quite similar" rubbers among the Victas and Xiom product lines. For example, the GT 47 is a great rubber which you would quite possibly compare to Victas V15 extra and V01 or Xiom Vega Pro and any Omega that also has a 47,5 degree sponge.

The harder versions (47 and 51) might give you a performance that rival that of tenergy 05/64/80, but the playing characteristics are different (as no other rubber feels like tenergy). So, if someone wants to replace their tenergy because of Butterfly´s pricing policy (happens over here a lot, tenergy is 58 Euro while a discounted Evolution MX-P is around 38, both being close enough for many people so that money decides) they might arrive at these Target rubbers in the same way as they might choose Vega, Omega, Rasanter, bluefire or anything else that´s meant to be an alternative.

The comparison to a Chinese rubber makes no sense in my opinion, the characteristics are too different.

This user has no status.
I just got a sheet of Cornilleau Target Pro Gt-x51. At first I was skeptical as I played a little with it and it reacted a bit different than the spring sponge type of rubbers I'm used to. This is my 5th day with it and I'm well pleased. The greatest thing about the Gt-X51 is the control, spin, and speed. The topsheet is superb! Similar to tenergy in my opinion but the sponge doesn't have the bounce affect that tenergy has. Thin brushing loads the ball up with tons of spin. I like to play with a closed blade and power hitting with a closed blade can send the ball long without brushing because the ball sinks into and gets held a little bit by the sponge. So in my opinion this rubber works better with those who prefer a more open blade contact. I'm adjusting and this rubber is growing on me.

This user has no status.
How does it compair exactly to Victas V15 extra? coz im been using the limba version does it have better arc spin etc like a 2 rubber comparison who be awesome!

The play of the V-15 extra is comparable to t64 or Rozena. The speed of 64 with the topsheet feel of Rozena. The topsheet cradles the ball and allows the v ball to sink in. I have both and I really can't tell that much of a difference when I switch. The V-15 topsheet is not very sensitive to spin. I actually love the V-15 rubber because of its control and insensitivity to incoming spin. For a tensor rubber that quality is very impressive. Exceptional for the backhand! While not being sensitive to incoming spin it can still produce exceptional spin itself. can you tell I love this rubber. Lol

Now for the target pro gtx51. Magnificent rubber. Can handle anything your opponent throws at you!! The topsheet is somewhere around 05 as far as feel when playing. But the sensitivity to spin is a little less than 05. When power hitting I have noticed that I can send the ball past the table if I'm not careful. But I get that with nearly every rubber I use. I think it's me, not the rubber. The only rubber that handles my power is hurricane because the sponge doesn't give at all when I close my blade and hit that high ball over the table. But it's more my lack of proper technique than the rubber itself. At any rate, when looping...it does exactly what you tell it. Brushing the ball produced tons of spin. Countering, which is not my greatest strength, is quite easy with this rubber. But the power this rubber can produce is totally up to you. It's just that controllable! It's really made for the plastic ball. It has a lively topsheet without the catapult sponge. Which really adds to the control. Looping underspin, ... you can drill a hole through your opponents blade. It's that spinny!!!

If I had to choose between the Cornilleau Target pro Gt-X51 or Victas V-15 extra. I'd have to put (drumroll .....)

Cornilleau on the forehand and Victas on the backhand. Sorry victas, I love you but Cornilleau got you on this one.

Totally different feel than 05, but I would say is the best 05 replacement one you get used to playing with it. At first you'll want to throw it away if your used to catapult spring sponge rubbers. But give it a couple of days and you'll see the light!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I think it's me, not the rubber.

If more people would come to similar conclusions, the forums would be less full of bullshit.

Back in the day, my coach would (hopefully) give me the right technical advice and I´d work, work, work.

Today if someone is unable to spin a ball over the net, they´ll go ask for a rubber with higher throw angle to compensate.

So to read something like that in a profound post made me feel good - some things the material just can´t fix.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
What do you think are "not-so-popular" tensors out there that have qualities comparable to popular ones like evolution, omega v, bluefire? I'm thinking along the lines of GEWO rubbers but I havent tried any

Nanoflex FT at hardness 48 is second to none imho. Exceptionally versatile and well-balanced.

And at 40, it’s less powerful but oh so helpful in developing the full arsenal of techniques.

Reactions: ViscariaIshikawa
This user has no status.
Very curious about how much spin u can get from new cornilleau rubbers in general. From my ancient experience with 1 of (possibly older) cornilleau rubbers the topsheet was too soft & lacks tension to get close to the spin levels offered by top lines from andro, XIOM and Victas especially with power shots. Never even dared to try another cornilleau rubber since then.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
ahh ok awesome review, what about the arc for backhand? because im going to put it on that

Not for me on the backhand. I'm stuck been t80 and t05 for the backhand. Actually 05 is my ultimate backhand rubber. 80 is nice but doesn't produce the spin and control I need for my style of play. The catapult spring sponge on my backhand is just something i can't compromise right now.

From my experimenting with gtx51 on the backhand it's got control. And probably had a great arc. I see gauzy and calderano creating great spin and pace with it. For those who don't like or don't prefer catapult sponge type rubbers then they will be well pleased with target pro 51. I haven't tried the other versions yet, I can't image going softer on the forehand, so I'll probably stick with 51 for a while.

Last edited:
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Is it suitable for a fast stiff blade?

It is. I first started playing it on a Treiber K blade, very fast and rather stiff. Excellent combo.

I have yet to get a taste of the Hype series. Reviews suggest strenghts, but not the versatility that FT48 has; but that’s hearsay, of course.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I have yet to get a taste of the Hype series. Reviews suggest strenghts, but not the versatility that FT48 has; but that’s hearsay, of course.

While I haven´t played with Nanoflex 48 I can confirm that HYPE KR is a very good rubber indeed. It has a very dynamic sponge but a quite soft topsheet so it feels controllable and easy to play. I gave two sheets to someone who was wary, thinking rubbers like this would be too fast in general, but he felt he could handle it well. I think this is a real quality, a rubber that will not overexert basic level players, yet is still able to unfold and support more advanced players´ needs.

GEWO has really upped the ante lately with interesting blades and top notch rubbers. Hype KR for me clearly rivals Evolution EL-S/MX-P (it sits somewhere in between), Hype XT 50 pro is more difficult to play but rewards the effort you put into it, XT 40 is so powerful for a soft rubber and the EL Series is a bit same-ish to many other rubbers, but that doesn´t make it bad. It´s more like the Genius, Hexer era rubbers, powerful and spinny but not with the great feeling of the newer ones.

And Nexxus is coming, GEWO´s own version of the newest concept with thicker max sponge and thinner, quality topsheet.

Reactions: ViscariaIshikawa
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
GEWO has really upped the ante lately with interesting blades and top notch rubbers.

I have yet to meet a GEWO rubber that I didn't think had plenty good things to offer.

And Nexxus is coming, GEWO´s own version of the newest concept with thicker max sponge and thinner, quality topsheet.

That got me searching, and indeed, the Nexxus EL Pro 43 and 48 look promising. But I also stumbled upon a new series called Neoflexx eFT, sweetly priced.

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Excellent! Do you play it with your fh or bh?

Using it on BH, but I've used it with slightly thicker sponge on FH as well and am considering to go back to it after my current T05 wears out. T05 has a slight edge over FT48 in spin-based play, but FT48 trumps T05 in blocks, counters, drives and smashes.