Upgrade Material

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hi guys.
I just played my first tournament with the new poly ball.
I'm a fan of em cause it's much easier to mentain the ball in the game instead of ending it mostly after the 2nd/3rd ball.
Now I train with poly ball. The rallies are much longer but also less dangerous.
Now I consider to go to a faster blade.
Right now I'm using a grubba all+ blade with baracuda.
I really like the baracuda (more than Vega pro e.g.) because of the easy executable balls. I like that feeling after playing an aggressive style with hard Chinese and non Chinese rubbers.
Now I consider to try out the primorac. I guess the change isn't that big. Maybe a greater step would be nice.
I want to improve the speed cause I feel like I'm really safe with my current combo and may able to handle a faster one.

How are the differences between primorac and yasaka ma Lin blade?
Which blades are recommendable with the baracuda rubbers? I were told the baracudas do work better with faster blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Also, which Ma Lin blade are you talking about:

Ma Lin Extra Offensive?
Ma Lin Extra Special?
Ma Lin Carbon?
Ma Lin Soft Carbon?
Ma Lin Hard Carbon?
Ma Lin Max Carbon?

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

LOL I still cant differentiate these blades. There's also the Ma Lin Extra Offensive 7 Power (which may or may not be similar to the extra special... I think)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
MLEO.
Is it suitable with baracuda ?

The outer ply is pretty hard. Some people like it. But a Korbel has way more dwell time and control. MLEO is faster then the Korbel. And the Korbel is a decent speed.

Grubba is soft like the Primorac and the Korbel.

I have not hit with one in years. But I remember that I did not like the feel that much. But I think the hardness may be good for penhold.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Thx for the input guys.
I want to be more safe than dangerous.
I think I'm achieving a good level of safetyness with the baracuda. Would be the step from Grubba to primorac/korbel significant?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
YES, it would, but if you have already developed touch, you can handle it.

Whenever I end up with a busted main blade that is OFF- overall, and it happens every year, I gear down to the Nexy LISSOM or Galaxy 896 (Think - Der_Echte Special) my game develops a little more construction of points and selection of shots, so that when I go back to main speed blade, I have moar game.

It is "bad" for you if it is ahead of time or off time. Give it a shot, you prolly have good sense and can do what is "right" for yourself.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hi guys,

i had the chance to test the Ma Lin Extra Offensive. I have to say its real fast compared to my Grubba, but handleable. It's just the blade i was searching for giving me enough speed to win points, while i can maintain controlled strokes.

Just as i asked before, i wonder how it is compared to the popular carbon blades in the likes of TBALC, Waldner Senso and co. Stated by the ratings of Revspin the Ma Lin is even higher rated in hardness and stiffnes compared to the mentioned carbon blades, thus faster? which i kinda cant believe.

Would appreciate some inputs of u guys.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
yeah i already read about waldner senso carbon beeing slow, thus in all+/off- area.
i am really confused about that carbon stuff. i always thought blades with carbon will be significantly faster than pure wood blades. now i am unsure about it, cause long time ago i've purchased an off+ blade. i always thought it must be with carbon to be off+, now i know it has Limba outer layer with five Ayous layer. I'm gonna test it next week. Ignoring the ratings i can't believe it to be faster than other 7-layer carbon blades.