Soo Yeon Lee takes on Timo Boll!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Soo Yeon Lee has opportunity of a life time!

Soo Yeon Lee began training in her home town of Pusan, South Korea at the age of nine. She developed her defensive technique, emphasizing spin variation and finesse under the watchful eye of former Olympic gold medalist Jung Hwa Hyun. She qualified for the Korean National Junior Team, and later for Korea’s National University Team. Before coming to the U.S. on a student visa, table tennis had already helped Soo travel the world.Before leaving Korea, Soo had done a little sports modelling. Upon arriving in the U.S., and to Los Angeles specifically, these opportunities increased dramatically.

In less than five years, Soo has appeared in print in Vanity Fair, GQ, Interview Magazine, Cosmopolitan (Korea), LA TIMES, and NY TIMES. And she has appeared on television with guest appearances on ESPN, the Jay Leno Show, MTV, Fuel TV and on HBO on the show Entourage.Soo explained, “Table tennis is a part of what makes me unique as a model. I’m the ping pong girl. There are so many beautiful models, but because of table tennis, I stand out more.

It is a part of my branding, and right now it helps because people hire me due to my name and branding”.Table tennis gave me so much, including a chance to do modeling and acting and to meet people. I want to give back to the sport and its development. I am looking for opportunities to give back. Table tennis players are commonly connected all over the world. I’d just like to thank everyone for the support that they've shown to me. Information taken from Soo's website HERE.

Be sure to check it out and follow here, Soo's awesome! Below is a video of Soo in the training hall with Timo Boll at the Volkswagen 2011 China Versus World Team Challenge. Enjoy!

Vanity+Fair+Campaign+New+York+SPiN+Opening+lioGcsgg0hgl.jpg

Photo by: Mark Von Holden/Getty Images North America

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
I don't know her personally, but have seen her play around LA and I am definitely not a fan of hers! She is sooooo cocky!! Compare to my friend Gao Jun who is so much more friendly than her, she is nowhere near her!

Now thats another point of view :)
I dunno much about her so that adds another info for me to compare with others. Thx Sir W4eva ;)

What do you think guys?

Oh and the cam man made some sfx too :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I've seen her play as well and know some friends of hers from the Killerspin promotions. She seems nice enough to me. I've also not talked to her, but knowing she's from Pusan I wouldn't doubt that she's cocky. Koreans from Pusan are a different breed. I guess you could call them the rednecks of Korea. Only because they reflect upon tradition and refuse change. They really believe that they're the best country in the world and they can be very racist. As my father was from Pusan, my grandfather, and many friends of the family I could totally see her as being the same.

But I also have yet to see her anything like that.

says backhand - Tenergy 05 black forehand - haifu whale blade...
Nov 2011
Ok...Let me tell you my anecdote with her, and i will let you decide for yourself.
Playing at my usual place in LA, she showed up one day, and as she was a "friend" of C. Huang (from the former US woman national team), she was set at a table, but as no one no one really knew her she didn't have a partner. She then asked my partner who was about 1800 to warm up as we were sitting on the bench, so my partner went to hit the ball. seriously, the very 1st ball they hit she started chopping and my friend put the ball in the net. Literally, she stopped and turned to C. Huang and said "Is there anybody here that can loop?"
I looked at my friend who was waiting for another chance to loop, but she just walked out the court!!!
Seriously??!!! Anyways this is my little experience with her indirectly :)_

This user has no status.
Ok...Let me tell you my anecdote with her, and i will let you decide for yourself.
Playing at my usual place in LA, she showed up one day, and as she was a "friend" of C. Huang (from the former US woman national team), she was set at a table, but as no one no one really knew her she didn't have a partner. She then asked my partner who was about 1800 to warm up as we were sitting on the bench, so my partner went to hit the ball. seriously, the very 1st ball they hit she started chopping and my friend put the ball in the net. Literally, she stopped and turned to C. Huang and said "Is there anybody here that can loop?"
I looked at my friend who was waiting for another chance to loop, but she just walked out the court!!!

haha nice story, i like her more and more. We do the same, only for fun, smash the first ball as hard as you can and if you hit it you say: Pfff you should have had it, you suck is there somebody here that can play some real ping pong? (and she is still goodlooking :p)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews

Whoa lol
Lots of factor plays in here but dam that was just...

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
As for Lee's (alleged) high headedness, I have prolly had worse (less) patience with some of my own club members in doubles and we get along. (handing out a few free beers might help that a little bit :) Now 2400+ players and 1800 players are more than a few levels apart and if she was in a mood for business, then there prolly wasn't much that 1800 level player was going to do unless he had practice strokes that were much better than his level.

Nov 2011
As for Lee's (alleged) high headedness, I have prolly had worse (less) patience with some of my own club members in doubles and we get along. (handing out a few free beers might help that a little bit :) Now 2400+ players and 1800 players are more than a few levels apart and if she was in a mood for business, then there prolly wasn't much that 1800 level player was going to do unless he had practice strokes that were much better than his level.

That's true... but still there are better ways to leave the court, plus she is the one asking him to hit with her.
Anyways... I'm just not a fan, sorry

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
That's cool waldner4ever, I wasn't there and didn't experience the situation you did. What I was (poorly) trying to convey is that often, I perceive myself as worse and have more "bad" days. maybe it's 'cause I am full time military and try to do too much and have too short a fuse.

My point was that with the example of even myself, we can all use a little more tolerance, even if we are sometimes bad in that department and understand that sometimes the other's expectations for self and partners are too high. I am meaning myself, not waldner4ever. I have't seen him in action yet.