Hong Kong Open 2018

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Wow lots of posts has been sent in weibo for supporting zjk after his lose . He is lucky to has this amount of silupport just after his lose . Actually the game had good rallies and the game was totally spectecular in game 7 he was 6_ 4 a head but in the end other thing happend . I totally enjoyed this open . Waitin gor shenzen open .

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
too bad...I think he played well; it was close. Hopefully we'll see him try again; I think he still got it.
I think he trained hard to be here. The problem is the strategy when you have such long break. His BH to BH is still great but how many down the line shots he made I think 0, look how many mistakes on short game ad also problems with reading serves. This is what you loose when you have long break.

Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Last edited:
Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Gotta love Zhang Rui's reaction to Hina Hayata losing the match by a service fault: "Too bad, buddy"
cache.php

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
I also would like to see him in china open but how about the rule of CNT if you loose to foreinger you are banned for next world tour.

Yes the rule says that but what i read on this news , zjk won his first two games so he will play . And all the chinese users in weibo are waiting for shenzen open to see him . So I think there's a possibility we could see him there . Actually after wstching his 3 games im more optimist to him . He improved alot after german open . For sure if he play china open we'll see more of him . He's got his self confidenc for next open

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yes the rule says that but what i read on this news , zjk won his first two games so he will play . And all the chinese users in weibo are waiting for shenzen open to see him . So I think there's a possibility we could see him there . Actually after wstching his 3 games im more optimist to him . He improved alot after german open . For sure if he play china open we'll see more of him . He's got his self confidenc for next open
I am not so optimistic about him. Maybe he improved from beeing 50 something player to about 30something, still it is far away from top 10. Important thing is that his physical strength is ok, his footwork is fine, his topspins are solid. But playing tournaments you gain experience and if you are inteligent good observation of other players. Thanks to that you can change your style, serves, receive, spin. For now ZJK is good TT machine but no strategy.
Anyway I am also interested see him playing ( I like his style of play, but hate is behavior and fans at the stadium).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Anyone noticed that Zhu Linfeng looks like the left-handed version of Fan Zhendong?

Zhou LF is almost anti-fzd. He hardly uses any BH flick at all. There is zero aggressiveness against serves, too passive. LSS has the same weakness. That’s why there are so many third-ball attack winners. These two guys play such an old style you’d have thought they were from pre-zjk era:). Man, I missed fzd playing

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I think he trained hard to be here. The problem is the strategy when you have such long break. His BH to BH is still great but how many down the line shots he made I think 0, look how many mistakes on short game ad also problems with reading serves. This is what you loose when you have long break.

Actually, I thought ZJK's service and receive were decent. Most of his receives are short and prevented Yoshimura from having a 3rd ball kill shot. On the other hand, Yoshimura had more trouble with ZJK's serves. Yoshimura lost many points just from service receive and ZJK was able to perform many 3rd ball attacks with BH. Overall, ZJK lost far fewer points from service and receives than Yoshimura, so I don't think that's the most critical failing.

ZJK also attempted to go down the line with his BH in game 2. But he miss on both occasions, so he gave up on that. I think after a long break, he's rusty on down the line shots, which is understandable.

I think ZJK's main problem is footwork and FH. He is still too slow to keep up with Yoshimura on longer rallies. His forehand is also weak. Although Yoshimura has a very strong FH, ZJK needs to be able to consistently beat him on FH topspin rallies. But that's not the case. ZJK won only 2 FH topspin rallies throughout the entire match. Many of this FH 3rd ball attacks are driven back by Yoshimura.

Overall, I think ZJK executed the correct strategy. He exploited Yoshimura's weaker BH. I noticed most ZJK's points are earned through BH rallies. He practically glued Yoshimura to the BH side of the table, so Yoshimura can't use his powerful FH as much.