Hong Kong Open 2018

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Uda Yukiya looks very promising. This is the first time I see him. He's very aggressive and actually has a lot of power despite his small frame.

Yep, he's been regarded as the Next One by many of us here in Japan. Harimoto has deservedly taken all the limelight but Uda is certainly top 20 material if not top 10.

Reactions: JST and iammaru
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
ZJK somehow scrapes through his first match 4:2 against someone I have no idea who he is. It was glad to see he is atleast moving properly. However he does not seem ready for tournaments. He looks short of practice sadly. Nonetheless it is good to see him trying his best to get back.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
ZJK somehow scrapes through his first match 4:2 against someone I have no idea who he is. It was glad to see he is atleast moving properly. However he does not seem ready for tournaments. He looks short of practice sadly. Nonetheless it is good to see him trying his best to get back.

I think it was a good match for him , after 6 month with out playing , playing vs unknown players is somehow more difficult .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
My favorite legs ( next round Ma Te 19:00 ) wish jike luck

9efa5431gy1frl86xtfukj22kw3vckjt.jpg

9efa5431gy1frl86s4g9tj22kw3vce89.jpg

9efa5431gy1frl873cl7dj23vc2kwkjt.jpg

More : https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...7-Zhang-Jike-News-Pics-Videos-amp-more/page13

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
ZJK had tons of trouble protecting his FH the entire game. Stoyanov took advantage of that, but lacked the techniques to carry out the game plan.

ZJK kept his reverse pendulum under wraps until the end of the 2nd game. His BH has deteriorated significantly. He also lost his focus multiple times.

Verdict? He won't get far.

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017

I'm afraid that's what unbiased observer must conclude. If Ma Te is in his better form then he is easily one of the best 3 defenders in the world (Gionis, Filus) so somewhere 20-50 WR. This will be big challenge for ZJK and I bet against him (sorry). The only advantage is that ZJK used to perform very well against defenders (as far as I remember) but he needs power, consistency and focus for that. I don't see anything like that in his play right now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
ZJK had tons of trouble protecting his FH the entire game. Stoyanov took advantage of that, but lacked the techniques to carry out the game plan.

ZJK kept his reverse pendulum under wraps until the end of the 2nd game. His BH has deteriorated significantly. He also lost his focus multiple times.

I think even if zjk wins Ma te he will have problem vs Liverpudlian guy :confused: but I wish he would finds his rhythm .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Edit: you are correct, was posted incorrectly somewhere else.

ZJK is gonna have a hard time against Ma Te...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I'm afraid that's what unbiased observer must conclude. If Ma Te is in his better form then he is easily one of the best 3 defenders in the world (Gionis, Filus) so somewhere 20-50 WR. This will be big challenge for ZJK and I bet against him (sorry). The only advantage is that ZJK used to perform very well against defenders (as far as I remember) but he needs power, consistency and focus for that. I don't see anything like that in his play right now.

Don't forget about Hou Yingchao, who is competing under the Canadian flag :O might be a "new" face in the international championships from now on, He has already beaten Jeoung Youngsik in the qualifiers (4-3), so he seems to be in good shape..

This user has no status.
I was very happy with ZJK's play. It will clearly get better but he didn't look as crappy as in his last match vs Apolonia. Watching him today vs an underrated Stoyanov was inspiring.

From watching that match, the thing I took away most was that Stoyanov actually played really well. ZJK seemed to make some cheap errors, which is expected after so long without match play, but he looked faster overall, and he has slimmed down a bit.

Ma Te will be tough but ZJK has always been good vs defense, so lets see what happens :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Don't forget about Hou Yingchao, who is competing under the Canadian flag :O might be a "new" face in the international championships from now on, He has already beaten Jeoung Youngsik in the qualifiers (4-3), so he seems to be in good shape..
He is very old, I do not remeber exactly how old, but about 10 years ago he was top 10 in the world. He has been playing for a long time in europe champions league and caused many troubles for top europe players. Anyway I am really disappointed that yungisk lost, koreans are good agains defenders, that is why german team did not put ruwen in the main squad in WTTTC.
So sumarizing it was a big surprise and of course he can make some upsets but I do not see him going far.