Hong Kong Open 2018

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
From watching that match, the thing I took away most was that Stoyanov actually played really well. ZJK seemed to make some cheap errors, which is expected after so long without match play, but he looked faster overall, and he has slimmed down a bit.

Ma Te will be tough but ZJK has always been good vs defense, so lets see what happens :)

What I saw was ZJ producing a lot of serves that looked rather poor but nevertheless were not capitalized upon by Stoyanov.

I also saw a pattern of too-slow reset-to-position, mostly after serving but also after BH flicks of the banana persuasion.

Yet there was also amazing power and placement in ZJ’s FH, albeit with a rather high error rate. Nevertheless, both seemed strong enough to put sufficient strain on the opponent to give cause to such errors.

All in all, pretty much par for the course for a player that’s been out of it for ages. Form might return if ZJ finds the rhythm of his game back. A less than stellar win against an opponent playing strongly is not that bad a sign, if anything. Time will tell.

Good to see ZJ compete again. He’s still rather young. [emoji57]

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Stamina waning for ZJK.