Blade Stiga Off Classic Legend
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
      Backhand Rubber Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 394 Times in 267 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Takkyu_wa_inochi View Post
      Buy a robot
      a little bit off-topic, but I am more and more impressed with the stuff you can do with a return board. I've trained with a robot quite a lot in my previous clubs, but it won't gonna happen in my current. So I am thinking about campaigning to buy a return board instead

4. The Following User Likes Simas's Post:

Andyzhao123 (11-01-2018)

5. Top | #63
      This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member Country: Sweden

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 991 Times in 544 Posts
      I have a returnboard and it do work really well, but you need certain skills to get good play. I often miss first and lose the Point and that says alot.

When you loop forehand it is important to know that the spin comes from the forearm and wrist and the Power comes from the body. So you need to accelerate and snap with the arm to get spin, but at the same time when you move the arm back you want to move the waist back. You want to have bend legs and a Little forehand feet(left leg infront of the right if you are right handed). When you move the waist back with bend legs you will get a weight transfer from right to left leg. It is important to have forehand feet to be able to get the body with the shot.

I Think the most important thing to learn isspin so it is important to work on accelerating with the forearm and wrist.

For opening on backspin it is the same but faster accelerating, more bend legs and a upward motion instead of a forward motion.

6. The Following User Likes Lula's Post:

Andyzhao123 (11-01-2018)

7. Top | #64
      This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member Country: Europe
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Off Classic Legend
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
      Backhand Rubber Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 394 Times in 267 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
      I have a returnboard and it do work really well, but you need certain skills to get good play. I often miss first and lose the Point and that says alot.

When you loop forehand it is important to know that the spin comes from the forearm and wrist and the Power comes from the body. So you need to accelerate and snap with the arm to get spin, but at the same time when you move the arm back you want to move the waist back. You want to have bend legs and a Little forehand feet(left leg infront of the right if you are right handed). When you move the waist back with bend legs you will get a weight transfer from right to left leg. It is important to have forehand feet to be able to get the body with the shot.

I Think the most important thing to learn isspin so it is important to work on accelerating with the forearm and wrist.

For opening on backspin it is the same but faster accelerating, more bend legs and a upward motion instead of a forward motion.
      Risking to open a huge discussion here, but contrary to the BH topspin, you don't need a wrist to make a nice spiny FH topspin. The spin is imparted only by the swiping motion of your forehand. If adding a wrist to your forearm would give extra oomph, that's another question

8. The Following 2 Users Like Simas's Post:

Andyzhao123 (11-01-2018),yuri.saldon (11-01-2018)

9. Top | #65
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by Simas View Post
      Risking to open a huge discussion here, but contrary to the BH topspin, you don't need a wrist to make a nice spiny FH topspin. The spin is imparted only by the swiping motion of your forehand. If adding a wrist to your forearm would give extra oomph, that's another question
      Haha, discussion is good and i like when i get some feedback! And you are correct I was meaning spin in general and i agree that wrist is more important when playing backhand! I almost only use wrist when i play backhand but trying to use the forearm a Little more when i have time to get more Power

10. The Following User Likes Lula's Post:

Andyzhao123 (11-01-2018)

11. Top | #66
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: United States

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Innerforce ZLC
      Forehand Rubber Joola Rhyzer Pro 50
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Vega Pro

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 29 Times in 27 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Takkyu_wa_inochi View Post
      Buy a robot
      I'm a broke 14-year-old without a job or a way to earn money other than begging my parents... I do have an IPong V300 though

12. Top | #67
      says Grand Consultant to the Office
      of the Goon Squad

Master TTD Member Country: South Korea
      Equipment:
      Blade Nexy Batos ALC
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar MX-K
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar FX-S

Reviews
      Read 27 Reviews
      Liked 9,320 Times in 4,824 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
      Haha, discussion is good and i like when i get some feedback! And you are correct I was meaning spin in general and i agree that wrist is more important when playing backhand! I almost only use wrist when i play backhand but trying to use the forearm a Little more when i have time to get more Power
      I am a little different animal than the rest of you all.

On FH, to make an extra heavy topspin, I need a 30 degree movement of the wrist (on the plane where it is only possible for about 45 degrees movement). I get my best spin finishing that way. I can get real good spin using 20 degrees.

On BH, vs incoming topspin, I use only a little wrist off the bounce and get good spin. A step away from the table vs lighter topspin, I use much more to really whip the spin and sometimes pace depending on what I want to do.

The timing of the arm and wrist is critical to spin production. It is nothing if you did not efficiently start and transfer the kinetic energy along the way. I see many players tighten up the shoulder and lose all that energy created and try to recreate it with back of shoulder.
      President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
      http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
      http://www.nexyusa.com

View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
      http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

13. The Following User Likes Der_Echte's Post:

Andyzhao123 (11-04-2018)

14. Top | #68
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by Der_Echte View Post
      I am a little different animal than the rest of you all.

On FH, to make an extra heavy topspin, I need a 30 degree movement of the wrist (on the plane where it is only possible for about 45 degrees movement). I get my best spin finishing that way. I can get real good spin using 20 degrees.

On BH, vs incoming topspin, I use only a little wrist off the bounce and get good spin. A step away from the table vs lighter topspin, I use much more to really whip the spin and sometimes pace depending on what I want to do.

The timing of the arm and wrist is critical to spin production. It is nothing if you did not efficiently start and transfer the kinetic energy along the way. I see many players tighten up the shoulder and lose all that energy created and try to recreate it with back of shoulder.
      As long as it works for you I agree that the timing is important! Yepp, you should try to hold the racket very loose and relax the arm to be able to move it fast and generate spin. Also If you tense the arm, the body will not help the arm to move and you loose Power also.

15. The Following User Likes Lula's Post:

Andyzhao123 (11-04-2018)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234