Who are the best makers of custom built blades?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
This is actually not true. They will make you a custom blade. You just need to contact them first. And to do that, you need to know how to contact them.

I will add photos of a custom blade from OSP in a few minutes.

However, one detail that is important: if you want an all wood blade that is custom made, there are a lot of good sources. If you want a composite blade that is custom made instead, I honestly would not choose OSP and I am not sure Ross Leidy even makes them at all.

I do like what bobpuls said about Ross Leidy. It made me laugh.

Blades by Charlie makes pretty good hand crafted composite blades. I have felt a few he made for Rocky Wang and they felt pretty darn amazing. They were composite blades that I felt I could play with and be happy. Which is not usually how I feel about composite blades.

But, I am also not sure there are any top quality custom blade makers who make really good ALC blades. Charlie's may have been. They felt like it. But I did not find out the materials in the blades Rocky had from Charlie because Rocky was uncertain.

All I can say is, the three I tried all felt better than any commercial composite blades I have tried. Much better. Much, much better. But they didn't look like anything special. They just played amazing. :)
How do you contact them for custom made blades? Couldn't find anything on their website. Even tried to Google it, but nothing.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

This user has no status.
I'd like to add Siam and Gerry to the list.

Attachments

• Gerry.jpg
    Gerry.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 177
  • Siam Makore.jpg
    Siam Makore.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 166
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
How do you contact them for custom made blades? Couldn't find anything on their website. Even tried to Google it, but nothing.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

I used to email Laszlo Peli. But it is 5 years since I contacted him. If you want to PM me, I can give you the email I had. But I am not sure it is still an email that is active. You can try it out if you want.