Your Blade Journey:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Inspired by this post https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?17813-Blade-Roadmap i wanted to ask which blades you guys have played for longer time and in which order?

My first real blade was the Sanwei M4 with some old used Srivers. Then i moved towards the Yinhe W6, a fantastic blade in its own right with P7's on it. From there i played the Primorac, and moved to the fabulous DHS King 2. Very recently i took my first long term dip into the carbon world with the DHS 301.

What was your blade journey, and how did you guys feel when switching to carbon from wood?

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Oh bwoy, long way

I had started with premade bats starting from

butterfly premade bat with soft rubbers (dont know its name) - broken

moved to premade GKi KungFu - also broken

GKi KungFu DX (still have it)

GKi Offensive XX (broken)

Donic Carbotech 7000 (still have it)

After coming into competitive play one of friends asked me to buy an assembled blade. He mentioned that along with a good technique it will also improve my game and the EJing streak started

- stiga offensive classic AN with GKi hybrid gx on both sides (used 3 years - sold to a friend)
- moved to Nittaku septear with MXP and Gold Arc 5 (still have it - handle discomfort)
- moved to XIOM feel ZX1 with MXP and Omega V Pro (too stiff but Fast)
- moved to Stiga Artic wood with Rakza X and Omega V asia (hate vibrations)
- moved to a custom blade from Charlie (weird shape and size and was slow)
- then Viscaria with Tenergy 64 and Sriver G3 (handle discomfort)
- Xiom Feel ZX3 with hurricane 3 national and Omega V pro (using it as backup blade)
- finally Marcos Freitas ALC with MXP on both sides (most loved and my current blade)
- I bought a Adidas Fibretech Power blade as a backup for Marcos Freitas
- custom w968 Blade from Alan brown bought around 2 months back paired with hurricane 3 provincial and omega VII euro and wow for a moment I actually forgot that I am in love with Freitas
- after this I still wanted to try more and more woods so I got a ZJK ALC with omega VII euro on both sides (doesnt suite my game)
- I still bought a Japan made Korbel from this forum and will pair it with Hurricane national and omega VII pro
- I do have a Drinkhall Powerspin carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega VII pro which I’ve never tried

I am unsure whether I’ll change or move from Freitas / W968 from AB, it suits my playstyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says sorry i mean on skin
says sorry i mean on skin
Feb 2018
Me not as long Butterfly ACB-1000-FL
Stiga clipper WRB hollow handle (sold)
Wave Stone dawei
Viscaria (sold)
Liu Shiwen for years like 3-4 loved it so much but i did lack the finishing power
then i found the holy grail with the
W968 Pro with Battle 2 Provincial Blue Sponge and Victas V15 limba but still debaiting on it
and rubbers iv used it in total
Xiom Vega Pro red , Tenergy 05 , Neo Hurricane 3 Provincial BS and Orange, the IMO the Best rubber ever Neo hurricane 3 Blue sponge national 39 degree , Battle 2 normal 45 degree , prov orange 39 and 40 and Blue sponge 39 but it feels like 39.5 , Gold arc 8 , Victas v15 extra and Limba , F1 can't remember who , Xiom vega China , japan , asia , elite and europe and a few others

This user has no status.
Below is my blade progression. Use at your own digression. I'm experiencing heavy EJ symptoms.

DHS Wang Hao Control (ALL-) => Neottec Gamma ALL+ => Stiga Offensive CR OFF- => Stiga Infinity VPS (OFF) => Yasaka Extra Special (OFF+) => Xiom Feel S7 (OFF) => Stiga Intensity NCT (OFF)

Currently experimenting with composite blades, undecided on which one to go with. I've bought carbonado 45, violin carbon, acoustic carbon inner, DHS H301, DHS PG5, Yinhe V-14 Pro, Ovtcharov true carbon, Ovcharove senso carbon. I welcome any recommendations for a good carbon blade.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
My progression as a recreational player was TBS, and a bunch of fast or slow inexpensive Dawei and Yinhe blades. Later, when I became an amateur club player, I settled on Nexy controlled offensive blades. Currently, using a control carbon Tibhar White Sword and the super controlled Nexy Lissom with dynamic modern OFF control rubbers like Sigma, Moritso, Vega Pro, and Karis M+.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Mine has been quite amusing over the last 4 years...I played originally as a kid with a hard bat on a basement table...your typical “ping pong” player.... then so,e 25 years later I rediscovered the sport...and I’m by nature an EJ in other sports like bowling and golf...so naturally...

first blade: Nittaku Kasumi basic with mk V on it, then after a few months ...

Butterfly Innerforce ZLC... loved this blade with adidas rubber on it... eventually sold it to a friend

Was with Nexy for a while, using a Zealot first, then Calix II, then won a Qabod on Facebook... used a variety of rubbers on these blades.. adidas, tibhar evolution series, etc...

Then discovered Red+Black from the makers of revolution #3 cleaner and glue. Bought from what I understood was the first Kazak ever shipped to the US. Loved that blade, and so a few months later, as they were developing a new series of blades, communicated with the owner back and forth on a new blade with Basalt fibers that became known as the “Glory”. Used that for quite long time (for me ), maybe 9 months...up until earlier this year when I discovered the wonders of custom blades.

1st custom blade was an Alan Brown special that we worked on over the holidays. It was absolutely wonderful. Beautiful to look at and play with, paired with Donic Bluestorm Z1/Z2. Alan inspired me to try my own, and several thousand dollars of wood and equipment later, i’ve Been making blades. I also worked with Alan on the first, to our knowledge, Inner Textreme blade. I now play with this or one of my latest creations depending on the feel I want and the rubber I want to use. I paired up the latest Joola rhyzer rubbers on Alan’s latest blade. Took some time to adjust to because it seems to have a lower throw than I was used to with bluestorm, but it plays sensationally.

my next adventure will be to create some custom ZLC blades with the ZLC fiber I just got recently. I have some intriguing ideas that have not been tried that I think will work really well, including one with a chestnut top ply.

Chris

says Sorry I`m in Bulgaria (eastern europe) .
says Sorry I`m in Bulgaria (eastern europe) .
Apr 2017
For last two years my tournament blades were
Stiga Tube Off -> Xiom Stradivarios -> Avalox P700 -> Nittaku Ludeack Power -> Xiom Omega Pro -> Victas Firefall SC

The most time i played Stiga Tube Off (6 months) and AvaloxP700 (around a year) at the moment I own around 20 blades
and believe will stop to add new ones except Quartet AFC at some moment.

Found that with change of equipment i somehow maintain my interest (in my area there no youngster and there is limmeted number of plyers ) also force myself to change tiny details in my style.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
what is a Yinhr v14 pro like?

It's supposedly Yinhe V14 with blue handle. I get this one because I prefer blue to yellow(and the shop selling them list both at the same price). I've never used Yinhe V14, so I can't compare the V14 Pro to regular V14.

The plies layer are Koto - ALC - ayous? - Kiri? - ayous? - ALC - Koto. Among the blades that I have used, the feeling is closest to my friend's Timo Boll ALC, but it's not the same. Somehow Timo Boll ALC feels nicer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Playing TT from 8 y.o untill now 32 and 4 years out (17 from 20).

- Donic Allplay
- Donic Waldner OFF
- Donic Dicon
- Tibhar Samsonov Alpha
- BTY Korbel
- Avalox P700
- Avalox Ma Wenge C555
- Cornilleau Hinotec OFF
- Cornilleau Glory OFF
- Yasaka Goiabao 5 (my blade now)

I've never had 2 blades at same time or back up blades. Now I need one back up for sparring sessions I do.

Reactions: Suga D