Chinese Rubber=No Catapult : Wrong????

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
I play at club level.
And IMO, the DHS H3 tackiness help me to increase the dwell time, so the topspin over the opponent backspin can be so much easier the execute compare to any tensor rubber. The open loop will make me more active and confidence to attack first.
Also, I can create the topspin vs topspin with so much topspin. With some side spin, the ball can change its trajectory when hit the table surface. If use boosted H3 with flexibility blade, the "kick effect" is huge, the trajectory is unpredictable. Compare to the catapult effect of the tensor rubber, your attack become more lethal. Of course this kind of stroke require hard training and you will need to improve your physical.
At my level, the hit from 5m is really slow but close to table to 3m away, I can hit the ball with full arm force.
Last one, due to the speed is low, the passive block is very safe, the ball is hard to fall off the table.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017

I agree with you. Since butterfly marketed "spring sponge", maybe a spring effect would stick.

That would be better yet since the sponge really does act like a spring or actually more like a lot of springs in parallel like a spring mattress. An accurate modeling of a sponge would divide the sponge into small springs in a hex grid manner. The sponge would have a spring constant.

I never liked the use of durometer readings since there are no units and can't be used for calculations. Measuring the hardness of rubber by using a pointy object does not reflect the reality of a TT ball bouncing off the rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 1 reviews

Actually, Fan Zhendong was confirmed to be using the Viscaria blade without the Stiga Infinity VPS handle in the Chinese trials.

The information you were given is absolutely correct, Fan is using Viscaria without hiding anything in the Olympic games. I saw now R16 against Marcos Freitas

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I would like to know if h3 is worth trying or should I try like sanwei target national. I don’t like tensor FH (tenergy mx-p) since it was too fast. Is genesis in between????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have used them both and STN is kind of dead and heavy compared to H3N (41 deg). And if I use H3, I use the 41 deg and boost it a bit. Genesis I haven't tried. I have played a guy a couple of times that have Genesis on both sides, and he doesn't play Chinese style, but it gives a lot of spin anyway.

I think H3/H3N Commercial is the most value for your money when it comes to Chinese tacky rubbers. All depends upon your technique, foot work and speed.

If you're looking for some kind of hybrid. Check out XIOM TAU II.

Last edited: