2018 Stiga Blades

I got hold of the blades when Werner Ola of Stiga held a mini-seminar here in the Philippines. Mine are coming probably next week. The Azaleas and Nostalgic blades look promising but I am fixated on the Nostalgic All around and Offensive. Here are some pics.

0ki4EuN.jpg

QWwiw8h.jpg

uhoYN9C.jpg

PEbZ535.jpg

qkZJNCv.jpg

TVDMPUj.jpg

Esli8Yq.jpg

xWNLqyp.jpg

JxUtHDf.jpg

WICyVRC.jpg

nbdEwFg.jpg

0ruE0E1.jpg

Zz0oAku.jpg

X12IQY4.jpg

TB9iqd9.jpg

qoHIjox.jpg

7KYKuCu.jpg

s6CPbOq.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
In what is the Nostalgic Offensive different from the Offensive Classic? Thanks.

hmm, the offensive nostalgia felt harder and more stiff than oc carbon despite the nostalgic being an all wood blade. not sure about the speed probably oc carbon is a tad faster. i have to wait for my blades to arrive this week because the blades in the pictures are just for display.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah. I wouldn't compare an all wood blade to a carbon blade in that way.

The Nostalgic Offensive looks like the medial ply is Spruce and the core is Ayous. If the top ply is Wenge as Yogi said then the construction would be:

Wedge-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Wenge

It should play like something in between an Offensive Classic and a P-500. It should feel pretty nice.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The head size needs to be accounted for, as well. Stiga has been "tweaking" it to produce similar yet different models. That along with the differing ply thickness account for why the Offensive Classic and Offensive Wood NCT feel more like cousins than brothers.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
I bought the Nostalgic VII few days ago, the blade itself just so exquisite.
The weight I chose is 94g, but still feel comfortable. The handle is kind of thinner that Carbonado 45 and Infinity.
I paired it with Golden Tango for FH, and Mantra M for BH. The blade feels hard but not as hard compare to 45, yet able to produce similar power and speed with the 45, put provide even greater feeling and control.

Stiga.jpgstiga2.jpg