says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
https://www.ittf.com/2018/05/29/slow-start-successful-start-star-names/
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“I feel a little strange about playing. Even having played for over ten years, I feel different today; I need two or three months to feel right about the matches. I have to improve my fluency. The number of rounds has increased for me, which requires more energy and strength. My major problem is not strength but energy. For example, before I could win playing one or two rounds. There is also doubles; more energy. Make no mistake I will take every game seriously.” Zhang Jike[/FONT]
The original is a little different. Here it goes.

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2018-05-29/doc-ihcffhsv2044181.shtml
“球也陌生了,虽然自己打了十多年,但是比赛感觉不一样。需要2、3个月的适应,尽快找感觉。包括在场上的感觉,第一反应还是陌生,流畅性需要加强”。此外,球的旋转下降,回合增多也使张继科面临更大的挑战,“对精力和体力的要求都高了很多。主要是精力,体能问题不大。以前可能1、2板赢了,现在的球基本要打3、4板,多板相持消耗很大”。
"My game has gotten rusty. Despite having played for more than a decade, competitions just do not feel the same. It'll take 2 or 3 months to adapt and find the feeling as soon as possible. Including the feeling on the court, my first reaction was awkwardness, and fluidity needs to be strengthened." In addition, the rotation of the ball has decreased, and the increase of rallies have also posed greater challenges to ZJK. "The demand on concentration and physical strength is much higher. Mainly the concentration, physical fitness is not a problem. In the past, a point might finish in 1 to 2 shots. With the current ball, 3 or 4 shots are typical. Long rallies take a big toll on the body."

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
"In the past, a point might finish in 1 and 2 shots. With the current ball, 3 or 4 shots are typical. Long rallies take a big toll on the body."

Longer rallies were the goal. So ZJK declares the 40+ ball a success.

Jan 2018
Ishikawa seconds that. The 40+ and the subsequent ABS variants have taken a toll on her spinny style. Sayaka Hirano supports that notion as well, saying that "I may have to retire" when she first tried the 40+ ball.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
any info on what type of surgery it was? ITTF doesn't give any further details.

Nah, ITTF does not have any further details. I'm curious about Chen Meng's condition too. Out of all the CNT female players, I probably like her playstyle the most (Feng Yalan is great too).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Yes that would be great but zhang jike 's rival for tomorrow is Kim Minhyeok , your country man . He is a good player and can be dangarous . So I got a little scared . But I hope jike becomes better and better which is not out of reach

Photos for today ( 18/05/29 )

View attachment 16583

View attachment 16592

It seems Jorg Rosskopf is happy to see zhang jike came back !!

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
A collection of pixels strangely resembling Zhang Jike takes a 2-0 lead
cache.php

Jan 2018
Whatever it takes to beat China! Hey, it worked for 1 game!

BTW, Yan An and FB are out. Lin Yun-ju and Ho Kwan Kit are the men!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Predictions for ZJK vs Aruna?

I'm gunna say 4-3 to ZJK.

Hopefully it will make for a good game! :)
Quadri doesn't do well against CNT tactics. Anything other than a ZJK win would surprise me and if Quadri got more than 2 games it is progress. All that said, other than the backhand dynamic, this is is his best CNT matchup.