This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Everyone concentrating on another Ma Long - Fan Zhendong meeting, but what about the women's final? I reckon Wang Manyu has decent chances against Ding Ning.
Rationally I'm waiting a 4-2 for WM, lately DN hasn't dealing well with fast and powerful or too wide shots that WM can do well, but hopefully experience will account and we'll be 4-2 for DN, maybe 4-1 hahaha

Enviado de meu SM-J500M usando o Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Good moments in game 1 but since then quality is clearly on the other side. But I hope to see these guys in more doubles, they clearly make a great pair.

The problem is that a lot of their quality is in serve and receive and once the Chinese got a gist of it and won the first game, they started taking a better balance of risk for reward and Fan is too consistent for you to just make him move. I watched their match against Ma Long and Xu Xin and if they had won the first game today, I suspect the match could have looked very different, but again Fan is almost like Xu Xin as a doubles player, he just isn't as valuable because he is a right hander.

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
The problem is that a lot of their quality is in serve and receive and once the Chinese got a gist of it and won the first game, they started taking a better balance of risk for reward and Fan is too consistent for you to just make him move. I watched their match against Ma Long and Xu Xin and if they had won the first game today, I suspect the match could have looked very different, but again Fan is almost like Xu Xin as a doubles player, he just isn't as valuable because he is a right hander.

Exactly, at 9-8 for Europeans I got little dejavu but then next three points it was clearly FZD who managed the game. After that it was hard for Ionescu and Robles to even get into good receiving and 3rd ball game.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I know I've whined about this before, but Adam Bobrow is somewhat destroying the broadcast. He mixes relevant comments with huge amounts of sheer nonsense.

There was a recent tournament, I think the WTTTC, where he was in the booth for 8 hours. Thankfully, you probably got better commentary in Sweden. That day, I was willing to ban Bobrow from commentating for the rest of his life. The next day, he managed to drown out the incredibly insightful Don Parker.

Right now, I am mostly fading in and out, and learning to accept the good with the bad. But ideally, he needs a better technical commentator. There just isn't enough money in TT yet for that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
There was a recent tournament, I think the WTTTC, where he was in the booth for 8 hours. Thankfully, you probably got better commentary in Sweden. That day, I was willing to ban Bobrow from commentating for the rest of his life. The next day, he managed to drown out the incredibly insightful Don Parker.

Right now, I am mostly fading in and out, and learning to accept the good with the bad. But ideally, he needs a better technical commentator. There just isn't enough money in TT yet for that.
I think the problem with the Don/Adam show is generational. Don is very old school British, and abhors unnecessary chatter. Adam is very different, and finds empty air to be anathema. So when Don didn't rush in with a comment, Adam felt compelled/panicked to do so, and thus often sounded inane.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Dejavu of WTTC Dusseldorf. The match is unfolding according to the script. This FZD reminds me of the ML back in 2009.

Reactions: NextLevel
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
NOW LIVE: Men's Singles FINAL! Ma Long vs Fan Zhendong!

Facebook live here:
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FITTFWorld%2Fvideos%2F2225930304103627%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Or live on ITTV here.