says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
zeio, you are just too nice to do all the translations and sync the transcriptions with videos.

I've changed my mind recently because many people just don't deserve those efforts as they only see what they want to see, listen to what they want to listen. Providing video links is already good enough, there are ITTF interviews, CCTV interviews, zhibo TV interviews, local TV interviews...

Plus, youtube sub can be edited later on or by other users.
Thanks for the kind words.

Another reason I started had to do with the odd comment about how "the Chinese players are like robots" on various forums, even to this date. Why is that? I mean, Youtube is flooded with table tennis videos the past several years, but then it became obvious to me that there is hardly any post-match interviews, let alone subs. The general public, save the fans of their idols, hardly gets to hear what the players really think. So, thru my subbing, I hope people would get to know the other side of the players more, that they don't feel as untouchable.

It might very well be in vain, but at least I got to brag to people that I've done something for table tennis.

Jan 2018
Saki Shibata on upsetting ZYL:

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2018-06-06/doc-ihcqccip0791051.shtml
  这场和朱雨玲的比赛,芝田在1-3落后的情况下逆转成功,她的发球技术占据了不小的优势:“我的发球种类其实没有比其他人多多少,只是这场比赛我的发球旋转程度令对手很难摸透,从而伺机得分。”芝田透露,比赛前也是保持平常心,因为之前回顾了自己在5月泰国公开赛和刘诗雯的比赛录像,“发现在面对中国选手时,因为太紧张整个身体状态就会变僵硬似的,无法发挥出原本应有的水准。所以这次中国公开赛,特意调整了心态,告诉自己要放开去打,能有平常心了,对于是否能取胜实力强大的中国选手很关键。”

This match against Zhu Yuling was reversed when Shimada was behind in the 1-3 situation. Her serving technique has a big advantage: "My service type is actually no more than other players, but this game is my serve. The degree of rotation makes it difficult for opponents to find out, so as to wait for a chance to score." Shih Chia revealed that before the game, he remained calm because he had recalled his video of the Thai Open in May and Liu Shiwen’s video. "It was found in the face of Chinese players. Because it is too tense, the entire body will become stiff and unable to play its due level, so this time the China Open has deliberately adjusted its mentality and told itself to let go and play. The ability to win powerful Chinese players is critical." - Courtesy of Google Translate

Last edited: