Zhang Jike or Tomokazu Harimoto... Who you picking?

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hold everything!

A huge matchup is about to take place at the China Open! Zhang Jike vs wonderkid Harimoto! Who you picking?

Post your predictions below.

harimotozhangjike.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
ZJK's playing better but still not good enough to win unless the kid chokes. Which he might, but I wouldn't bet on it. Harimoto wins 4-1.

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Zhang Jike got badly spanked by Harimoto
a very embarrassing defeat for him. I'm afraid his comeback has just ended and it will be his last match. against the future world #1, and in front of the home crowd, it's a nice way to end

I disagree. Yes, it was ugly defeat but as you say Harimoto is top player so it's not total flop for ZJK. He managed second WT qualification in the row against decent opponents and if the goal is Tokio 2020 (anything else doesn't make sense) then it still can go on. To meet that goal he must climb step by step back to WR top 10, score well on WTTC next year and such defeat from Harimoto doesn't mean anything right now. Surely if he wants to end this could be good time as well;)

Looking at the match ZJK had problems with Harimoto's speed, receives were 50% too high and kid punished almost every opportunity. I guess if ZJK should succeed in such match he would need to prepare for Harimoto at least for one week, not one day. On the other side ZJK plaid well all the previous matches so he still can be somewhere WR #20-50 today. Let's see if he has full confidence from CNT to continue like this for the rest of the season or if they give him some sharp ultimatum (like SF/Final of next World Tour or you are out).

I'm just wondering how ZJK's cheerleaders here and other forums will cry and apologize the defeat this time;)

Last edited: