Ma Long Vs Fan Zhendong - A Great Rivalry

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I figured that we might be revisiting this topic over and over for the next two years (by the Olympics, it might be a foregone conclusion but who knows, Ma Long may have a version of the Lazarus pit or a hyperbaric chamber in his basement).

So in honor of the highly anticipated battle scheduled to take place at 9am ET or thereabouts, who will win the China Open men's final tomorrow? If both players play the 2020 Olympics (not a certainty given that LGL is no longer in charge but under old policies, ML had pretty much locked in his place with his 2017 WTTC win), who do you think will win?

I think FZD's ascendancy begins tomorrow. I love good table tennis so they are all my favorite players, I just think FZD is ready to take his throne from the GOAT and start his journey barring injury to becoming the GOAT.

What do you think?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
FZD has consistenly threatened ML over the last few years but came up short everytime. ML has evolved from a top spin machine to an artist capable of handling all those little nuances of the game. There is nothing much in playing level that separates these two but mental strength. Its tough for FZD to overcome a fully fit Captain. I believe FZD still does not have the mental edge over Captain. But that might change soon . Hopefully not today though. Go Captain ML !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Both are my favorite players. I’m happy to see that ML, now a proud young dad, is still in top form. When he plays, he morphs from defense to offense to defense, from backhand to forehand to backhand so smooth, so effortless, you don’t event notice any transitions, as if these are one unified motion... just amazing.

But fzd’s time has come. I think tomorrow will be his declaration to the world: the new king has arrived.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
I' very curious if ML will play the 2020 Olympic games. I think that we will see, the classic final with two Chinese players (ML vs FZD). I hope that the final of the Olympics this time will not be decided at the table by LGL or others. This time ML can win because FZD is very young and he will play in 2024 Olympics so he will win later.

Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Ma Long>LJK>>>FZD>= LGY>XX

Ma Long on Tournament Mode is one level better than FZD.

It will be easier to beat FZD in future.